Warner Leisure Hotels Nidd Hall Hotel
$111
Ascot House Hotel Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$82
Cairn Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$154
$60
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$63
  • Breakfast included
$69
$67
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Harrogate Town Centre Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$83
PremierInn.com
Old Swan Hotel(Harrogate)
$137
$99
Travelodge Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
    The Crown Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
    $59
    1,520 results
    All reviewssignature roomterrace restauranteast wingevening entertainmententertainment teamhistoric roomsballroom dancingdaytime activitiestribute bandgames roomnorthern lightswarner leisurerifle shootingthe main housemain restaurantleisure centreafternoon tea
    Reviewed May 17, 2011

We have just returned from an overnight stay at Nidd Hall, ALL staff and facilities were of top quality but I must admit to being a little disappointed at the lack of any atmosphere. The entertainment staff tried their very best to no avail. Everything from the spotlessly clean rooms to the gorgeous food was top notch but it is lacking in personality. If you want SILENCE and FORMALITY then this is the hotel for you but if you want to be more at ease and able to enjoy yourself then I would steer clear. It reminded me of a cruise on land or a holiday camp / old peoples home. I will commend the staff for being able to put up with working in such a strangulating atmosphere and wish them good luck for the future.
    PS I think 50p in the pool for a towel is the hight of insult !!! I am NOT a thief and would not lower myself to steal one of your towels, some people may but I don't see why everyone should be tarred with the same brush.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
    3  Thank cathdavid
    juliebracken, Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Nidd Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write down your comments, may I apologise sincerely for any disappointment that you encountered whilst on your short break with us. I was sorry to learn that you were unhappy with the ambience during your stay.

Nidd Hall Hotel prides it self on guest service and this is the first comments that I have seen that states that the hotel is silent and formal as all our team help to create a great experience for our guests. Please be assured that I have spoken to the Leadership Team to ensure that our high standards are met and with regards to the Leisure club towels.

Julie Bracken

Reviewed May 10, 2011

We have just returned from a five day break at Nidd Hall. We have been to all of Warners places in England but Nidd Hall just had something special. Every thing about the break was very good. The staff were all so friendly, there was a good choice of food and the service was good The entertainment was good (although we thought that the audience were not as appreciative as they might have been which was a shame) The leisure facilities were second to none. The pool was a really good length and every where was spotlessly clean. We will certainly being paying another visit in the near future.
    Mr and Mrs Denny

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr and Mrs Denny,

Thank you for you fabulous comments which I have passed to all the team members at Nidd Hall Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed May 9, 2011

Have just returned from a 4 night break at Nidd Hall. We had a lovely room in the courtyard and it was spotless. I loved the leisure centre - the size of the pool was one of the largest I have seen in a hotel and it was never crowded. We thoroughly enjoyed the entertainmnet, particularly the Songs from the Shows and the Abba tribute evenings. The entertainment team worked really hard to get people dancing, although there was rather too much sequence dancing for our taste!

We had a nice table in the restaurnat and our waiter (who was new) was excellent. Our one grumble was the standard of the food on some occasions. Pork was the only carvery option on 2 nights and the vegetables at the carvery were covered in pepper. As my brother in law cannot eat pepper he was restricted in what he could choose. . He did complain, but seemed to receive little sympathy. Rather than have pork on the second occasion, my sister and I opted for the chicken thighs. When they came to the table, we virtually needed a magnifying glass to see them! I have never seen such small chicken thighs! A couple of mouthfuls and they were gone! However we did have some lovely sweets and the breakfasts were excellent, but overall we were disappointed with the food.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
    1  Thank GinaDevon

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback here on Trip Advisor with regard to your short break at Nidd Hall Hotel.

I was pleased that you enjoyed your break especially the Leisure pool and entertainment but I was sorry to learn that you were dissapointed with some carvery items covered in pepper and small but delicious thighs.

Please be assured that I have spoken to the Head Chef to ensure our menu is more varied and that our high standards are met.

Once again I thank you as it is through constructive feedback like this that we may strive to further improve our service standards, and hope earnestly to welcome you back to Nidd Hall Hotel in the future.

Reviewed May 7, 2011

We stayed for a 3 night weekend break in a signature room in the courtyard.The room was large well furnished and spotlessly clean and most importantly extremely comfortable.
    There was a good choice of menu and our waitress was very efficient and friendly.
    Although all the entertainment may not have been to our taste it was a good mix for a wide range of people.There were plenty of places to relax in the evening ranging from comfortable quiet lounges to the main ballroom
    The grounds and building are beautiful and maintained to a high standard and all the staff that we came into contact with during the weekend were extremely helpfull and friendly.
    When we completed the customer satisfaction questionaire we did mention one very small niggle about our room and within a week we had received a very nice letter saying that they would try and rectify the problem.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Hi,

I was delighted to read that you had a brilliant weekend break at Nidd Hall Hotel; your praise for the team, facilities and the service are very much appreciated and these have been passed on to all the team.

We always like to respond to our guest feedback as we really appreciate the opportunity to praise the team who went the extra mile and make any changes where needed.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed May 6, 2011

We arrived for our 30th wedding anniversary break on the bank holiday Monday to be greeted by a personal host. We were quickly ushered through the sign in formalities and taken immediately to our room. We had chosen one of the historic rooms and was allocated the Bronte suite which was fabulous with views over the terrace and valley to the rear of the hall. We were given champagne/strawberries/chocolates in the room which was absolutely immaculate. All the facilities, bathroom and mini bar were fully stocked.

The hotel itself was obviously and old country house with beautiful old rooms which are well furnished with plenty of comfortable furniture and retain many interesting and original features. If you want sleek lines and plastic then go elsewhere!!

The dining facilities are of two types with the Rawson resturant being the primary dining area. The table cloths, cutlery etc are spotless and we witnessed the staff continually cleaning the area as well as serving. The meals are a mixture of table service and buffet style depending on what you chose. The food quality/choice was excellent and considering the number of guests present all credit to the chef. Admittedly in some areas the tables were a little cramped but in general this is not the case.

The Terrace restaurant offers superb dining at a small supplement ( you must try the Terrace dessert) with silver service and full table service.

The bars, tea rooms and shop provided good food, drinks and gifts at reasonable prices and again with excellent service.

The staff in all departments were a mixture of British and European origin and were excellent. Nothing was too much bother for them and they carried out their duties very proffessionally. Some of the older guests may like to relearn some manners from these younger people!!

While we were staying there the age ranged from late forties to eighties but in no way did this detract from our stay.

The hotel boasts a lovely pool, jaccuzzi, sauna and steam room with excellent shower facilities. There are also beauty treatments at a competitive cost.

Finally the entertainment / activities were brilliant with vignettes, plays and a murder mystery. During the day you could learn circus skills, archery, rifle shooting and card making to name a few. In the evening there were a variety of acts, competitions etc to satisfy most people.

I have read the previous reviews on this site and I am sorry for those few people that have had a bad experience there but there will always be whingers!!

Room Tip: Book the rooms with a terrace view.
    • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple