“If you go to Noosa, make this your hotel!”

Sandy Beach Resort Noosa
Reviewed January 3, 2009

My wife and I stayed in a 3 bedroom, self-contained apartment for 4 nights during Xmas 2008. The resort caretakers, who live on the premises, were polite and friendly and made check in and out easy.

The apartment was well designed and practical. We were blown away by the sheer size of the apartment, which is more than enough for two people. In fact, we had up to 6 people staying overnight (my family) and there were no crowding issues at all. The apartment is fully self contained with a huge balcony, a nice ensuite, large kitchen, 3 bedrooms, large main bathroom, dishwasher, clothes dryer, washing machine, two very comfortable sofas, outdoor table and chairs, music player, DVD and plasma TV. Most rooms are tiled. Amenities inlcudes cutlery, dishwashing liquid, clothes washing powder, towels, shampoos etc. The apartment does have a glimpse of the Noosa River through the branches of some beautiful fire trees in front of the apartment.

The only drawback is the road noise from the main road (Gympie Terrace), which can get loud at certain times during the day / evening. Also in the early evening, the noise from nesting rainbow lorikeets all along the main part of the river can get very loud. However the above mentioned noise affects all the river-facing apartments / resorts along Gympie Tce, not just Sandy Beach Resort.

Overall, excellent accommodation - perfect for a family! I have included some pictures in this review.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 8, 2008

We have just returned from staying at Sandy Beach for the Queen's Birthday long weekend. I t was a last minute decision to get away for the weekend, so we didn't have much to choose from on Wotif. There was a 2 bedroom apartment available here, which I ended up booking through the resort as they offered to lock off the second bedroom and charge us much less than the Wotif price as there were only 2 of us.

The whole resort is very attractive - neat and tidy and with lots of tall palm trees. Our apartment was really lovely - it had a recently renovated kitchen and bathroom and was so clean and tidy and had everything we needed. The bed was extremely comfortable and there was even a flat screen TV in the main bedroom. We chose to get takeaways both nights and eat in as I couldn't see the point in eating out when the apartment was so nice to spend time in. (The fish and chip shop just up the road sells fantastic beer-battered barrumundi and chips by the way).

We would definitely recommend this resort to people and will most likely stay again if we want to come to Noosaville for a few days. I find Noosaville much nicer than crowded Hastings Street, and the prices of accomodation are much more reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OceanSkyBeach
Reviewed May 12, 2008

As a retired Auditor (fraud and compliance) and a qualified Manager I feel well qualified to write this review.

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Sandy Beach Resort. The Resort, situated on the riverfront of the Noosa River is located in a perfect position, Restaurants and shops are within walking distance and the variety of food venues would satisfy the most discerning palate.

Our apartment (#12) was luxurious, furnished in the modern style and with a complete kitchen which even included a dishwaher. The upstairs bedroom had a large deck which overlooked the heated pool, sauna and spa pool which were just visible through the palm trees. The apartment contained everything one would need for a perfect holiday.

The Manager and his wife were very helpful and made our stay an enjoyable experience. We have no hesitation in recommending Sandy Beach Resort to any intending traveller.

Please note: This review has been voluntarily entered and can be substantiated by an email to gogympie@tpg.com.au or by entering the Skype name 'gogympie' and following the prompts

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gogympie
Reviewed April 10, 2008

I had only intended to stay one night in Noosa until I found The Sandy Beach Resort. With plans to do activities I can not do in rural England (river kayaking, surfing, 4 wheel driving, camel riding! etc) it was my intention to move around but having found this oasis I decided to stay and make it my base. To be honest, even if I’d not managed to do any of the above list I would still have been very happy; the apartment was spotlessly clean, spacious, tastefully furnished and very quiet. Loved everything from the planting (which made me feel quite private in my own domain) to the bedroom balcony (perfect to relax and take tea etc on). The pool was easily accessible from the apartment, well designed, perfect temperature, great to dip into after a camel safari or 20 mile hike. Great location, Noosaville was within easy reach of everything I needed. Woody (manager) was welcoming, charming and very helpful with booking some of the more elusive of my activities. I wanted to come home with lovely memories of where I’d stayed (as well as what I’d done), the Sandy Beach Resort gave me that.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank njbarclay
Reviewed February 21, 2008

We have just spent two glorious weeks at Sandy Beach resort Noosa, and as usual we are very sad to be leaving. We have been coming to noosa for many years and have stayed at Sandy Beach resort for the last 4 consecutive years.
The managers Woody and his wonderful wife Pushpa are two of the most hospitable and lovely people we have ever met, they always make our stay feel that much more special.
The resort itself is wonderful, spacious and ultra clean self -contained units, with all the comforts of home while on holidays.
With two swimming pools, a spa, sauna and bbq area, all kept exceptionally tidy and surrounded by a tranquil and magnificent landscape my family have had the time of their lives.
We would recommend Sandy Beach Resort to anyone looking for a memorable and relaxing holiday.
We would like to thank all the staff at sandy beach and we will see you when we return in November 2008!!!
Frances, Peter and the Neski family and Lucy, George and the Pilla family.

• Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank firefighter1202
Reviewed January 5, 2008

I live in Hong Kong and had a wonderful holiday with my family in Noosa, where we stayed at Sandy Beach. I have been to Noosa many times over the years and thoroughly enjoyed my stay this time round. Sandy Beach is a lovely resort, it is on Gympie Terrace, over the road from Noosa river. Great location, and clean and tidy bungalows with all the facilities one could need. With an excellent outdoor and pool area. The holiday was made extra special by the thoughfulness of the management who occasionally graced us with wonderful meals, and went out of there way to ensure we had a wonderful stay, and a very memorable holiday. I would not hesitate to stay at Sandy Beach again, and would happily recommend it to anyone of my friends.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2007

We first visited Noosa in 2003 and stayed at a Resort in Noosaville, not Sandy Beach, and were disappointed with the accommodation. We loved Noosaville and being close to the river with the lovely walks and park areas and wanted to return so decided to inspect alternative accommodation. Sandy Beach Resort stood out for us with it's peaceful surrounds, well kept BBQ's, grounds and palm trees, two large sparkling pools, one heated, a sauna, and spa pool. The accommodation is very clean and well presented, with excellent emenities provided to ensure that you had all the home comforts. Also being on Gympie Terrace is a plus with being so close to the shops and cafe's. So we returned and for the last two years have stayed 5 times at Sandy Beach.

A large part of returning to Sandy Beach is the Manager's. Woody and Pushpa are so welcoming and to be greeted so warmly is just like coming home. They both work very hard to ensure that our stay is the best it can be. That every thing from the unit's to the pools, BBQ's and grounds are clean and in excellent order. Pushpa is a wonderful cook and is very generous in sharing her delightful food. Recently we arranged to have a family gathering at Sandy Beach for all our family including grandchildren and Woody and Pushpa went out of their way to see our family were well looked after. We booked 4 units and had a fabulous time. Every one loved the accommodation and the facilities provided at Sandy Beach and hope to be able to return for future holidays.

Each time we pre book the unit we want, as we like to be near the pools. The units have 3 bedroom's and 2 bathrooms with lovely decks on two levels, a full kitchen and laundry, airconditioning, TV, DVD and very nice decor, which makes a long stay very comfortable and easy living.

We can't imagine staying any where else and hope to be able to continue to holiday at Sandy Beach for years to come.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FrenchAucklandNZ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noosaville
RACV Noosa Resort
Pelican  Beach Resort
Pelican Beach Resort
#3 of 5 in Noosaville
Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort

Been to Sandy Beach Resort Noosa? Share your experiences!