“Bad service, average on everything else”
Review of Sandy Court

Sandy Court
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Booked a unit with 2 rooms during winter. It came clean and tidy with extra sheets and pillows in closet. The kitchen utensils were nicely cleaned and although some of them were old we had everything we needed. Beds were not very comfy and sheets were thin. A friend had a sore back and we had to use at least 2 sheets to warm ourselves at night. The TV is old but decent enough. The rooms are very spacious, specially the one with queen bed. The toilet, however, was fairly small. There were many electric fans which I'm guessing would be nice during summer. The unit is old but is very well taken care of. This place is located in a quiet yet somehow centric place near Gympie Rd, which borders the river and has many shops and restaurants but is also a bit far away from Hastings St which is the nicest part of Noosa.

Service was as expected with the exception of a couple of things. 1) This place is advertised as having in-room heaters... well there was one small shoe box-sized electric heater... for the whole unit (as in a unit with a living room, kitchen, bathroom and two rooms). Technically, the 'in-room heater' is correct as advertised... in reality it is barely enough to heat one room. 2) When asked if they could at least provide one more small heater for the other room, the query was met with a straight rude 'NO'. The manager did not even attempt to check if there were any 'small heaters' available (I'm sure there were since at least 2 other units were unused the whole weekend). It seems the manager was only content in maintaining the units in useable conditions and not willing to deal with customers at all.

Anyway, it would have been a decent place if it were not for the 'in-room heater' lies and somewhat poor service.

Room Tip: If booking during winter, make sure to confirm whether or not at least 2 small electric heaters (app...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mike J
sandycourt, Owner at Sandy Court, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

This group stayed here in July and from what they said I believe they stayed over a weekend. Every Saturday night in July was fully occuppied as it also was in August.The man called me a liar although he never called me a liar to my face. The fan heater is 2000 watts and the main kitchen/lounge area is about 220 square feet. The main bedroom is about 156sq' and the second bedroom is about 105sq'. I was surprised he asked for an extra heater as the one in our house is adequate. I am sorry I offended him when I denied his request but I simply did not have any spare heaters.
Some people tell me the beds are comfy and one guest I know of even went to the Mattress Factory in Yandina to buy one. The sheets are thin but there are blankets in the hotwater cupboard and in the wardrobe in the main bedroom.

Reviewed April 5, 2011

our intetion was spend one night,and we keep 3 as the place was lovely and the owner very nice,he help us know the better places at Noosa,and also recomend where spend time,shop and visit.my family and me are very greatfull

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank TITODUARTE
Reviewed June 21, 2010

My wife & I stayed here, after cancelling our booking @ Novotel Twin Waters,due to the bad reviews,on Tripadvisor.I found Sandy Court, on "lastminuteaccomodation.com.au" & were glad we did. We stayed in the Studio unit, which is actually a room that has been built onto the side of the Main Office & paid $69.00 per night. Look,its not the Taj Mahal,of Noosa, but we had no problems,with the accomodation. The room was clean (the couch had a few dirty marks on it, but that was ok),it had a wardrobe,tv, kettle,bowls,crockery & cutlery,fridge but no cooking facilities.The combined toilet/bathroom was clean & quite large. Sandy Court is in a nice quiet spot,has undercover parking, a pool & Guest laundry, & is about a 300m walk to the beach. If you want a good, cheap place to stay,in Noosa,I'd be quite happy to recommend Sandy Court.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank may58
Reviewed April 26, 2010

This place is great value, basic accommodation
The location is brilliant - just off the main drag in Noosaville - 2 mins walk from restaurants, cafe's and the river boats where you can hire kayaks, canoes and boats or take a ferry up to Hastings Street.
The unit we stayed in was perfectly clean and looked after but is as I have said, pretty basic - fairly ugly looking decor and a rather average shower (height and water pressure not so good). Bed was ok, not too uncomfortable and we slept well
We decided to stay in Noosaville as the same level of accommodation off the main drag in Hastings Street would have cost a lot more - and Noosaville is really lovely anyway. It was fun to get the ferry up the river to Hastings Street (only $6) - have drinks and dinner there and then we caught a taxi back for $15.
We went to In Noosaville I would recommend breakfast at Maddisons and lunch at the Boathouse - right on the water. On Hastings Street we had drinks at Cato's Bar - there was an amazing guitarist playing - Nick Latter I think - he was so good we decided to eat in the bar off the rather basic (but very good) bar menu rather than leave and go elsewhere.
We then had a delicious desert at Lindoni's just accross the road - very pretty.
If the weather had been better we would have done the sunset cruise from Noosaville to Hastings Street and we would have also have liked to kayak - next time!
We will definitely stay at Sandy Court again and use the money we save on nice meals out and activites!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank weststar
Reviewed January 12, 2010

I stayed here for 3 nights with my partner. We loved it. This was at the beginning of a year spent traveling round Australia and it was definately 1 of the best value for money places we stayed. I also recommended it to my friend who went last year and she liked it aswell. Planning on going back next year.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank debs3000
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Couldn't have been happier, my partner and I have 7 kids between us and stayed in the 3 bed unit, we had read the reviews and were a bit worried. We arrived the manager was friendly the staff were friendly, the unit, well we just could not believe how large and roomy it was, and also how clean it was. We have already booked our next holiday there and have recommended it to all of our friends. This accommodation is not a resort, if you want a resort then stay at a resort, it is however basic affordable clean accommodation with a homely feel and is great for families on a budget. The manager did not bother us during our stay, he did not let himself in at will, and found the place safe and secure. We would be happy to recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank topguntroy
Reviewed April 12, 2008

Stayed here one night for work, in two bedroom apartment. My assistant booked it, and I read the the reviews and was a little worried! But, it was fine - remember, you're only sleeping there and keep in mind what you paid! It was cheap ($100), VERY clean and roomy - the lounge and main bedroom were really big. I felt that it was very good value for the money and would really suit families.

The location was great - 5 min walk to Gympie Terrace restaurants and the lovely river to relax by. And, the hotel pool was lovely (small, but nice). In terms of negatives, the shower was only average, the oven is quite old (but looked like it worked - we didn't cook anything), and there was no iron or hairdryer in the room.

Overall, I would recommend for budget travellers or for people who are going to be out and about doing things - which is what you are on holiday to do!! The room and complex were fine - not luxury, but large and good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank eve13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noosaville
Regency Waterfront Noosa
#5 of 41 in Noosaville
Dolphins Beach House
Dolphins Beach House
#108 of 140 in Noosa

Been to Sandy Court? Share your experiences!