“Tastiest Italian.. What a find!!”
Review of Bella Vita - CLOSED

Bella Vita
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

This is a great restaurant with authentic cuisine. The veal is the best I've eaten,since emigrating here 7 years ago. With everything home made even down to the pizza bases. I've been here frequently since the opening and have never been disappointed, the staff always happy to help, and the atmosphere friendly and relaxed. Yesterday I had the 'marto' pizza for lunch which was delicious. Also a business owner nearby, I will definitely be recommending bella vita to all of my clients, as I know they will be as impressed as myself and my family and friends. Keep it up all the staff, you're all doing a fantastic job!!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I don't know if I had high expectations of an "authentic" Italian restaurant but wow, this is by far the worst. Too order a large margarita pizza is not a big ask but I don't know how an Italian restaurant can stuff up something so badly. Not only did this thin crusted pizza have absolutely no taste and no cheese on it, it was $19 and was half of the size of the pizza box. And geeez this isn't even the end of it. After paying and leaving the restaurant with my so called "large" pizza and looking at it thinking it was a mistake, I walked back into the restaurant and said to the man behind the counter that maybe our order was mixed up with somebody else's. I was confronted with absolute rudeness as he was exclaiming that this was his large size and there was nothing wrong with it. I don't know if this man was horrifically blind or just ignorant as I could have spent less than half of that amount on ingredients at Safeway and I would have made a bigger and tastier pizza for better value.

I will never go back to this restaurant and I will never recommend this restaurant to anybody and it bewilders me as to how people even go there with such extortionate prices met with horrible tasting food. Bad news travels fast.

3  Thank Emma W
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Always looking for some good value Italian and this fits the bill. This restaurant sneaked in without me knowing and I have since been back twice in the last two weeks.
The owner is very friendly and helpful and is great to have someone like this in hospitality.
I always try fettuccine carbonara as a test as too many places have it swimming in cream. The Bella Vita version passed the test, really enjoyed it. My husband tried the calzone and that also got a thumbs up.
The meal began with complimentary grissini stick and a few olives, small but a nice touch.
Have tried the mini aracini balls which were great & the ciabatta garlic bread - yummy.
The spinach and ricotta cannelloni was also tasty, although a tad more sauce could be good.
Both times only had entrée size pasta and that was plenty.
The courtyard is pleasant to dine in. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Had dinner with friends (makena35) who raved about their lunch.
I ordered what they had, and they said it looked totally different, and to me it was incredibly salty.
Yes Michelle was very helpful, and no I didn't pay for my meal, yes she was kind enough to give us all desert which was yummy, thank you.
The service was great, restaurant presents well, and we wish them all the best.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Our lunch was stunning!
Went for dinner another night, and very disappointed.
One of our guests ordered what we had for lunch and it wasn't anything like we'd been served for lunch and extremely salty.
In our opinion the pasta dishes we tried were very dry and tasteless.

2  Thank makena35
Michelle W, Owner at Bella Vita, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thanks for your review. I do remember how impressed you were with your lunch. I'm sorry that you were then disappointed with your potato mash. However, I do recall that we didn't charge you for one main meal and your whole party was given complimentary desserts which you thoroughly enjoyed. You did mention that your friend that had the pasta wasn't well, I hope she is feeling better