“No service for us”

The Rose Room
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My daughter and I waited to be seated and waited, I could here the staff talking out the back and still waited, staff member eventually came out I had to ask her if we could be seated. Then we were ignored while another couple came in after us and to my horror got served before us! Again we waited to be served, staff member again out the back talking, eventually I went and got her and asked why we had not been served and why the others had, she told me she had had a busy day. No excuse, shocking service! Consequently we left and have still not had 'High Tea" and will never return. And amazed how many of my local friends have similar stories about the place.

1  Thank Salevens
There are newer reviews for The Rose Room

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We had high tea at The Rose Room during a girls weekend away. We opted to have the package that included bubbles. Food was good and the China very pretty and tea great. Beautiful roses in vases on the tables with overall lovely feel. A little pricey but a great afternoon with the girls.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Yes this place is in a lovely position overlooking the river and you get your tea served in a china teacup but stick with just a cup of tea to enjoy the ambience of this place. My friend opted for a selection of pasties and sandwiches. What she got for $20 amounted to the equivalent of 1 sandwich (minus the crusts) dived into 3 fingers with different fillings, small quiche (similar to what you can buy in a pack of 4 in the freezer of the supermarket) and a small scone and cake. Basically a mouthful for each. Now I appreciate that this might suit some people but in all honesty I think that its a heck of a lot to pay and she had to pay for a cup of tea on top of that. Thank goodness I just stuck with a pot of tea.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife just loved this place and I found we headed back there again during our stay in the area.
Can't say I was complaining at all either even though she wished all her close friends were with her too. Sitting with a view over the river was lovely.

1  Thank C0GG0
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Everything about our time at the rose room was wonderful! We had the Celebration high tea and it was all some to perfection. The location and staff were also lovely. Will definitely return again!