“fish & chip shop”

Holy Mackerel Fish Cafe
Ranked #71 of 111 Restaurants in Noosaville
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed April 16, 2014

hey people it is a fish & chip shop / burger bar....
the food is great if cooked by the owner or the staff, had em all do it for us, Been eating here as a visitor for years & now as a local still eat here ,,,
You wanna bag them then try the others down on the corner !!!
Am sure I know where I prefer & all the staff are FRIENDLY & POLITE ....

There are newer reviews for Holy Mackerel Fish Cafe

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

We ate here on the recommendation of a friend. We had the Noosa Pack consisting of 2 pieces of fish (we paid an extra $2 and upgraded to Snapper)which we got crumbed, calamari & loads of chips & tartare sauce, plus an extra piece of grilled Snapper. When we got our meal there was an extra piece of fish as well. With 2 adults & 2 kids (5 & 3) we had a piece of fish & loads of chips leftover. Cost of meal was $33 which we thought was good value.

The fish was slightly overcooked but what you would expect from a fish & chip shop. Food was not greasy though which I find a common problem with fish & chips. Calamari was well cooked and tender.

Overall, nothing wow for me, but as someone who doesn't overly like to eat fish & chips, I would definitely go here again.

My tip is to bring a picnic blanket & take your food across the road to eat along the river.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Very disappointing. The fish was overcooked, as were the prawns and scallops. Also way too much breading I had to peel it off the prawns. Sadly we threw most of the meal away. I would not recommend this for good fish and chips. Sorry.

1  Thank sashalute
Reviewed December 31, 2013

What a busy little shop, and that's usually the telling tale of good food. A great selection on the menu and really well cooked traditional fish & chips. Lovely home style aioli and friendly service. We didn't have to wait too long considering how busy they were. The pricing was quite reasonable the meals came in individual boxes with loads (maybe too many chips) and lemon. Nice job!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

We spent over $100 here for lunch for the family and specifically asked for the fish to be in 3 separate boxes so we could all eat fish from a box each as we purchased a large size super chips. I was informed that I had to buy the boxes for which I was shocked. The owner stepped in and rudely said he would only sell them, when I became verbal and told him I was disgusted that after spending $100 I only wanted 3 small empty card board boxes for our family he threw his had in the air and said take them, I informed him that up until that point I was impressed with his store and fish, but he just blew any recommendations or us coming back. I have never been treated so badly. I hope if the owner reads this he reflects on his bad and unprofessional manners and understands his business in these tough times will do better if he is nice to his customers, especially locals like us.