“Lovely food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red on Thomas

Red on Thomas
Ranked #17 of 107 Restaurants in Noosaville
Cuisines: Bar, Mediterranean, European
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We have award winning chef Jamie Lethborg in the kitchen creating master pieces and a highly skilled front of house team offering their expertise on cocktails, beers and wines.
Yeppoon, Australia
“Lovely food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

First time we have dined at this restaurant, as we are regulars to Noosa. The service was very good, and food was lovely, would come back again.

Visited September 2013

Brisbane, Australia
“Dont eat here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Ok just for a drink and nibbles, atmosphere ok but the meals are terrible!
Have eaten here three times and have been disappointed each time.

Visited August 2013
Apollo Bay
“The best seafood platter for $70........... Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband and I went to Red on Thomas for my birthday. The seafood platter was amazing. It was huge and we did manage to demolish it. Angus our waiter was very friendly and helpful. We had a very pleasant experience and would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“DisappointRED on Thomas”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Been to Noosa many times and have written other reviews for other establishments and I now write this one having been exceedingly disappointed.
My wife and I chose Red over many others on Gympie Terrace and found the menu to be quite appealing. It seemed to have a reasonable selection and some looked pretty good.
We sat down and ordered some drinks which were excellent, the bartender is knowledgable and makes a very interesting range of cocktails and mixers this augered well for a nice meal.
We decided given the seaside nature to have a seafood platter for two, it looked good, two types of oysters, barramundi, prawns, calamari, scallops, bugs and chips and salad.
The meal came out and with two exceptions was very ordinary. The prawns were defrosted, wet and tasteless. the scallops were undercooked and rubbery, the calamari with salt and pepper was good but the slabs of squid in a bowl were a rubbery disgrace. The bugs when they arrived 5+ minutes after the rest were mush and poorly flavoured. The battered barra was oily, the grilled barra was ok. One of the items that had appealed to me was the oysters, love a good oyster, sadly they were not provided and no explanation except that the menu had a 'note' indicating they were seasonal and may or may not be provided. Now given there were signs posted around the restaurant advertising $1 oysters on sat/sun I assumed they were in season and should have been there on the platter. Apparently I was mistaken and they were not there because 'today is Monday'. Perhaps Monday is not oyster season..who knew? Interestingly when I questioned what replaced the missing oysters, "nothing" and "what would you like?" Were the responses, I asked the chef to determine what it should be, when the bugs arrived a comment was made that " more was coming", well when I left nothing else had materialized and no explanation was given. Hhhmmm a discount on the bill was provided. I came back to my apartment and made toast, sigh.
I am happy to say when something is good and equally happy to voice my disappointment .

Red....I shall not be returning, very disappointed.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank philtask
Noosa, Australia
“Bar Tender”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

the bar tender behind the bar in this restaurants is a very attractive and well groomed gentleman. being a young male myself it is very uncommon to find such a young man that has such a thirst for knowledge, i would definitely recommend him to all the patrons dining in this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013