“Very unpleasant experience”
Review of Take 5

Take 5
Ranked #41 of 111 Restaurants in Noosaville
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is the first time I have writen a bad review I am not a difficult person to please. Take 5 was the worst dining experience I have ever had. The staff had no idea. My son and I have ceoliacs and are dairy intolerant I stated this several times during ordering. We ordered toasted sandwiches and my partner ordered the bfast special with coffee. The whole time I felt as if I was a hassle, I did not feel I was being heard properly. While waiting for meals I was nervous about what the food would be like due to our allergies I approached the counter again just to clarify the bread was gluten and dairy free it was in fact not.. Why was I not told this from the beginning? We then just had the sandwich filling without the bread but we were still charged full price for a lousy bfast.we had finished eating and still had not received the coffee my partner had ordered. Nothing positive about this experience at all unfortunately. I hope this feedback is received and can help the cafe with ALOT of much needed improvements

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is our favourite little cafe right on the waterfront in Noosaville on Gympie Terrace. We are regulars at least once a week but usually more than that, they have great coffees, the banana cake is yummy and they do a mean lunch menu as well. Prices are very reasonable and the view is great.

Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a low key place to have lunch along Gympy Terrace without the Noosa prices - this is the place. Fresh sandwiches and food at a reasonable price. Nice cafe atmosphere overlooking the river. Lovely staff.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

As most restaurants and cafes within noosaville have table service i wasn't exactly sure whether it was or wasn't at this place as there was no signs suggesting to place your order at the counter nor wait to be seated. It wasn't very busy as some others we had passed so decided to stop in. After waiting about 10mins we went to the counter where a lady said 'oh we don't do table service'...the food took about 40mins where my friend ordered a BLT and i ordered the fish and chips. My fish portion was ENORMOUS...but extremely tasty if not a little soaked in oil. But it was a nice meal non the less. Im not sure whether the service was a result of the business being 'for sale' or the fact that there was a little miscommunication. I would however revisit this place.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We're local, and Take 5 is a great pitstop for refuelling solo or with the family and friends. The friendly staff reception coupled with the view of the water is a great start to any meal they serve, even if your just having a coffee. Having been through most of the menu, I'd have to say its consistently well presented and appetising, although I have had cause to grumble when the chef is having a bad day and the food has been sub standard, but for the amount of meals I've eaten there these experiences are few, and its up to you whether you feel the need to bring it to there attention or not and I haven't been bitten for it yet. Jane the owner has a continual smile, I'm not surprised as she has a little gold mine here.