“The special was special” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lazy River Bar & Bistro

Lazy River Bar & Bistro
Ranked #27 of 107 Restaurants in Noosaville
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wellington, New Zealand
“The special was special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

We just wandered in on the off chance, and decided on the special (surf and turf). Steak was just perfect and service was good. Good price as well -- well worth a stop and glad we stumbled onto it.

• Visited March 2013

Brisbane, Australia
“When you just want something simple”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

The are some quite amazing places to eat around Noosa but sometimes you just want something unpretentious with good food and service. This is it.
We have been here a few times now; sometimes for dinner, sometimes for a late afternoon drink looking across the river as the sun sets.
Either way its just as pleasant.

• Visited April 2013
Wellington
“Just ok [at least on the night we went]”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

We tried this place on a quiet night, the food is very ordinary [I had a disappointing Greek Chicken burger with fries @ A$$15 - the chicken was dry and just cooked] but then again you get what you pay for !, it has an excellent water front outlook and is pleasant inside. The staff were not exactly attentive e.g. asking how our meals were or if we wanted anything else esp. since it wasn't busy [3 tables eating]. I suspect on a different night we'd have a different experience [at least one would hope] I'd need to be convinced to return.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Brisbane, Australia
“Very nice meal, desserts were great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had dinner with some friends here, I don't think any of us were disappointed. I had the baby back ribs which were very flavoursome and melt in your mouth, and my wife had steak with garlic prawns which was really nice as well. Best of all was the dessert. I get tired these days of restaurants pulling out a dessert menu where everything is over $15 (in most cases I end up going without), so to see everything around $8 was a result. I had the sticky date pudding which was AMAZING, and my wife had Cheescake which was equally as nice. I would recommend this place for sure.

Visited March 2013
Doonan, Australia
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Dropped by for lunch one day in January with my wife. Service was attentive and friendly, excellent coffee and food was good. Had some lunch special which was excellent value. Can't remember the exact details but had a lunch special of battered fish with chips and salad plus a beer, and I think my wife had something like a calamari salad and a wine. At 20-25 bucks pp was top value. When ordering I wondered if the meals to come may have been below par, given the price. Certainly not the case! Will return for sure.

• Visited January 2013