“Salty by the river”

Bertoni's
Ranked #51 of 110 Restaurants in Noosaville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located in the heart of Noosaville on Thomas Street just steps away from the tranquil river. Bertoni's offers a family owned and managed feel good restaurant for dine-in, takeaway and now delivering to your door. There is no reason to miss out on any of our delicious Italian inspired pasta dishes and award winning pizza's
“Salty by the river”
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I recommend avoiding Bertoni's, and if you want pizza try one of the other two pizza places within 50 metres of this venue.

Staying at Ivory Palms we wanted pizza takeaway. Unfortunately we picked Bertoni's because of a decent star rating on this site. Ordered trio dips with Focaccia and a pizza. It was ready in time, the staff were friendly.

The trio of dips was only a duo of dips (they ran out of one) though on my suggestion as she was about to ring up the full price she reduced the price a few dollars. The now duo of dips were served in a large takeaway container (together!).

The focaccia looked like something from the ready to eat section at woollies, though tasted ok with the now mess of dip from the large takeaway container. There was not enough dip so we only ate 2/3 of the focaccia. The pizza was overpoweringly salty, and we decided to call Bertoni's to discuss. They said they believe me and to come back down to collect a refund.

Upon arrival the (owner?) refunded the focaccia because of the trio of dips serving method (saying that was not usual). She would not refund the $25 pizza siting that I had ordered a salty pizza (contained anchovies). I discussed that the pizza was not edible, she refused payment. I discussed that refund had been agreed upon and I had driven back to collect, and she still refused. I left the 3/4 of the remaining pizza at the shop because I believe that the Noosa River may offer a more agreeable flavour.

I have eaten food all over the world and apart from semi-mature goats cheese this is the first meal I have had to return.

Noosaville, Australia
“Cheesed Off!!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Having read the reviews prior to visiting, and with both my husband and I being Italian food lovers, we were keen to try out their pizzas!! A huge disappointment! The requested toppings of sundried tomatoes, peppers (capsicums) and feta were hard to find under the mountain of cheese! I politely passed on my feedback to the waitress who looked at me blankly and gave me no response other than to look highly insulted by my comments. I'm not usually one to complain but I hope that sharing my experience may be of help to some people.

• Visited January 2013
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great pizza”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Great pizza and good service. very popular restaurant. BYO wine is good.
River breeze makes the outdoor pleasing.

• Visited December 2012
“Fantastic Food”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Despite being told that our resort didnt attract the 10% discount on the night we were there.The Pizzas and Pasta were superb. We went again the next week. Believe me, pleasing a couple of sons 16 and 20 years of age is not always easy. But they were wrapped in it. Loved the meals. Thanks

Visited December 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Little Italian gem”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We were staying at Ivory palms Resort so decided that Bertonni's was a great choice - only10 mins away. There were 6 of us and we ordered bruschetta for entree which were absolutely delicious. Our mains consisted of a variety of hot chilli choritzu risotto , seafood penne and pizza which were all enjoyed immensely followed by desserts ! Service was friendly and impeccable! We would certainly recommend Bertonni's to our friends and can't wait to go back !

• Visited November 2012