“Great pizza, great price”
Review of Madmegs + Co

Madmegs + Co
Ranked #28 of 109 Restaurants in Noosaville
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
“Great pizza, great price”
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

We found this on our first night in noosaville. Pizza and salad were delicious and we were able to bring our own wine at no cost. Recommended..

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jenny G

“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The pizza's were fantastic, toppings plentiful and full of flavour! Great friendly service as well. Overall it was a good dining experience.

• Visited April 2014
Bendigo, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gluten Free at it's worst!!!!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

In 2014 there is no excuse for poor gluten free food. The take away pizza we had last night was honestly the worst pizza I have ever had - the base was soapy, half baked and I could not even pick up a slice without it collapsing in a mess. I would have walked out of this restaurant if I had dined in. Very disappointing. Perhaps the gluten pizzas are amazing but if you need GF, give it a miss!!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Tim H
Adelaide, Australia
“Kicked a goal!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We were attracted to this place by the good reviews on TA. Kid friendly, good service and pizza was great. Would come again!

1 Thank Megagantor
Perth, Australia
“Yum yum yummity yum - and good value too”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

There are many places to eat on Gympie Street, and after looking at numerous menus, it was clear that Mad Megs was one of the cheaper ones - but we found that it was also excellent quality - both of us were impressed enough on our first visit that we went back again two days later. Technically it's on Thomas Street, just off the middle of Gympie Street.

We both tried the pizzas which are delicious: a great thin base, toppings in just the right proportion so that you taste the toppings and don't have to go hunting for them in amongst acres of tomato and cheese as some pizzas can force you to do. It felt very much like the sort of pizza I would expect from a good restaurant, not the sort I'd expect from a pizza takeaway (though they do them as takeaways too!). On our second visit, we also tried the bolognaise which was good as well and a decent portion size.

The atmosphere is a sort of informal "smart casual" style - perfect for us, a professional couple in our 30s who don't want fancy formal dining - and it has a really good feel of being a family-run place that care about providing a good service. When we were there, there were two couples who lived locally who were clearly regulars and we could see why you'd keep coming back - we would have gone back again if our holiday hadn't ended! We chatted to the owner for a while at the end while we paid and he was very friendly too.

The only reasons I can think why you'd not like this place are (1) if you wanted to dress up in suits and cocktail dresses for a glamorous evening out - this isn't that sort of place, or (2) if you like pizzas loaded to the eyeballs with cheese (though even then I expect if you asked them for that, they'd be able to provide it!).

It was the nicest pizza I've had in ages, and at only $19.90 for the larger pizza with plenty on it (smaller plainer ones being cheaper - $16 or less), I'd have been happy to pay more for it - but instead that that price I could afford to come back more often instead :-)

• Visited March 2014