“Great dinner with my mates”

Raj Indian Restaurant
Reserve with
Raj Indian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 110 Restaurants in Noosaville
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Raj Indian Restaurant, awarded the best new restaurant in Sunshinecoast Queensland2010,Authentic Indian food served from Mild to Hot,Traditional charcoal fired Tandoor oven gives flavour to Tandoor dishes.Relaxed atmosphere and great service.In a short time have become favourite of locals and tourists.
Noosaville, Australia
“Great dinner with my mates”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Raj Indian restaurant, I've been there twice and every time it gets better and better. my friends weren't so sure about an Indian dinner but they soon changed their opinion and just had a fun time at the place whether it may be from the Bollywood videos on the big plasma screen Tv to the nice Indian music being played in the background. My mates and I had a delicious and fun night at the restaurant. we ordered two of the tandoori chicken for entre, 2 of the beef vindallo, butter chicken and 3 cheese and garlic naans. Let me start with entre, it started with a sizzle literally, when the tandoori chicken came out it had a flavorsome aroma and a sizzling fog of smoke from the crackling or sizzling of the chicken which turned many of the other customers heads towards our table. The beef vindaloo is my new favorite curry at Raj and the butter chicken was not too sweet but delicious!. The naan was cooked in the tandoori oven which gave it heaps more flavor than other restaurants that dont use the tandoori. Overall it was a pleasant experience I wouldn't mind coming back to enjoy.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Jake M

Sydney, Australia
“'Pretty Good' Indian”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I really want a rating 'Pretty Good' - between Average and Very Good for the Raj Indian. I had takeway Beef Madras. I found it a bit 'heavy' and was disappointed in the coconut 'cream' as it tasted like it was made with dessicated coconut so it wasn't really creamy. Could have been a bit hotter too I thought. I know it said 'medium' but to me it was more 'mild'. The Naan bread was yummy as were the poppadums and raita. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for meat. I would definitely give them another chance if I was back in Noosaville sometime.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank DebbieJo88
Brisbane, Australia
“Pleasant Sunday evening.”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

spent a very enjoyable evening with friends at Raj indian Restaurant.the food was excellent we had a variety of meals and everyone was tasty.Have been to this restaurant many times and always have had a good evening the owner is always polite and pleasant. Would highly recommend.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Jennifer2848
Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice food”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We liked the place and the food. Nice quick service. Several locals were picking up take-aways whilst we were there. So they liked the value and food too.

Visited June 2013
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Best indian? I think not”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

After reading reviews on trip advisor, we had high expectations of this restaurant. The website states the trading hours are until 10pm, but upon calling to make a reservation, we were told it closes at 8.30pm. Upon arrival, we noticed a huge banner outside stating 'best indian restaurant'. Funnily enough, the Indian restaurant across the road had a similar banner, making the same claims. On the menu board at the front, there is a list of so called awards the restaurant received. One could question the Authenticity of these awards. The one which came to our attention was, the Certificate of Excellence Award by trip advisor 2013. There is no such thing.

The restaurant is small, cramped and filthy. The seats were dirty and the walls were covered in black marks. the place needed a good clean. This made us hesitant to continue our night, as we were unsure of the cleanliness in the kitchen. There appeared to be no uniform for their almost non existent waitstaff. The manager however, seemed friendly enough. For a restaurant that's supposedly a few years old, the menu's looked at least 10years old - dirty and tatty.

We ordered the chicken balti and lamb vindaloo. The food came out so quick, it was clearly not freshly cooked. The chicken dish contained poor quality thigh meat, and both curries had a heavy taste of pataks paste. Rice was of good quality, naan bread thin and oily. Overall, we were disappointed with our experience. If this is the best indian restaurant Noosa has to offer, then we feel deeply sorry for the locals.

Visited June 2013