“Beer, chilli and tapas - perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of iS Tapas Bar

iS Tapas Bar
Ranked #28 of 107 Restaurants in Noosaville
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: iS tapas bar is a favorite with local residents and holiday makers for our unique tapas and and delicious sangria. We are open from noon until late everyday. Lunch served all day. Live music on weekends, call for details.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Beer, chilli and tapas - perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

We loved our Sunday afternoon relaxing, listening to live music, a few beers (including a Tabasco corona cocktail!) and tapas. Staff are fabulous and the food is out of this world. We will be back for another "pleasant Sunday afternoon!" And more chilli!!!

Visited May 2014

Noosa, Australia
“From the manager. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

To the previous comment, this is the manager of iS tapas bar. I sincerely apologise for your experience at iS tapas bar late last Saturday night. The "yobbo" customer was apart of a group of 10 as well as a baby and toddler for a young ladies birthday. It was to my understanding the young man was troubled enough and I did not want to ruin anyone's night by kicking him out as he was already in a dreadful state when they arrived. We did not serve "him" any alcohol. They ordered sangria jugs and as we were very busy I could not watch what he consumed. As the night went on he did become a great concern and his friends finally came to their senses and took him home. Once again I'm sorry for your experience as I did not get notified of your issue until I heard you say very loud and clearly something about RSA before suddenly rushing down the stairs. Perhaps you should have addressed your matter with me personally and we could have resolved it.

2 Thank Rachel B
Sydney, Australia
“When Noosaville became Bogan-ville”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

What would have otherwise been a quite enjoyable experience was spoilt by the managers disgraceful attitude to the responsible service of alcohol, as our evening was ruined by a loud drunken yobbo, who swore repeatedly and insulted my wife for complaining.

The food was ok, but not as good as the Flux bar just down the road.

I made it clear to the staff that we were leaving immediately when they relocated 6 of the group next to our table. One of the wait staff was clearly embarrassed and apologied, but the manager did not respond when I queried him about RSA and it seemed that he couldn't have cared less.

So beware ... plying drunks with alcohol will take precedence over ensuring polite customers have an enjoyable experience.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TurfTycoon
“Good food but expensive wine”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

The tapas were good - especially the outstanding Garlic Prawns. While we ordered Citrus and Ginger Chicken Thighs, they seemed to use breast. Not a big deal I know but lacked the flavour I expected. Much better were the Grilled Scallops and the very generous serve of Haloumi and Chorizo.

Gluten free options were clearly marked.

Disappointing to pay $10 glass for what is a $10 a bottle of wine retail (Redbank Long Paddock Merlot), so while we will return (the Paella served at the next table looked terrific), we'll bring our own bottle next time.

Visited April 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“Estupendo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Ate here for the third time last week and just as good as both previous visits. Great variety of dishes with something for everyone. If we were only in town for one meal, this is where we would come. Either arrive early or make sure you book a table in advance - we couldn't get in the night previous as it was too busy.

• Visited April 2014