“Good food but expensive wine”
Review of iS Tapas Bar

iS Tapas Bar
Ranked #24 of 112 Restaurants in Noosaville
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: iS tapas bar is a favorite with local residents and holiday makers for our unique tapas and and delicious sangria. We are open from noon until late everyday. Lunch served all day. Live music on weekends, call for details.
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The tapas were good - especially the outstanding Garlic Prawns. While we ordered Citrus and Ginger Chicken Thighs, they seemed to use breast. Not a big deal I know but lacked the flavour I expected. Much better were the Grilled Scallops and the very generous serve of Haloumi and Chorizo.

Gluten free options were clearly marked.

Disappointing to pay $10 glass for what is a $10 a bottle of wine retail (Redbank Long Paddock Merlot), so while we will return (the Paella served at the next table looked terrific), we'll bring our own bottle next time.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Ate here for the third time last week and just as good as both previous visits. Great variety of dishes with something for everyone. If we were only in town for one meal, this is where we would come. Either arrive early or make sure you book a table in advance - we couldn't get in the night previous as it was too busy.

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I couldn't't choose a better restaurant to enjoy my honeymoon, simply AWESOME, the lunch tapas was perfect, the sangria was perfect to drink with that food, i recommend ever

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Last week on our way home from a day out, called in here to see if take aways possible. We had dined in here on earlier visits and enjoyed the experience. Waitperson said preferably not as food tended to spoil. When we pointed out we were staying very close she helpfully said she'd see what could be done. I said we'd be back in half an hour and she gave us a menu. We drove off toward our nearby apartment to freshen up and were to learn that we had been followed - as we slowed behind a parked car, a large black vehicle with bull bars came from behind, hemmed us in, the male driver got out, accused us of stealing the menu, grabbed it out of my hand and took off. It was most intimidating, aggressive and completely unnecessary behaviour toward two older women - or anyone for that matter. Needs to go to charm school!

3  Thank Lynette P
Reviewed April 8, 2014

my family came to visit from England, I took them is is bar and what a wonderful time we had the staff were great gave us just what we asked for I would go back again and again the food is great so if you want something that really is special go to IS BAR Noosaville