“Magnificent Fish and Chips”
Review of Noosa Boathouse

Noosa Boathouse
Ranked #11 of 120 Restaurants in Noosaville
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Absolute waterfront dining hub on the Noosa River offering something for everyone… an espresso bar, lunch & dinner bistro, a rooftop Sunset Bar, takeaway fish & chips, stunning weddings/event spaces. Noosa Boathouse showcases a modern Australian menu that lets seasonal produce shine and offers a strong emphasis on locally harvested produce, fresh seafood and quality beef, combined with an ambition to deliver excellent experiences and service. On the menu you'll find Chef Shane Bailey's signature dishes such as baked wild Qld scallops with sea urchin butter, slow cooked beef cheek w tamarind dressing, the ever popular salt & pepper calamari or crispy pork belly with Thai red curry sauce and our famous 3 tiered seafood platter is always a winner. Open 7 days from 6am. The Sunset Bar on the top deck is open from 4pm & offers Noosa's BEST sunset views. Live Music Sunday's! Noosa Boathouse is a "Must Do" experience when in Noosa!
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

What more can I say!!!! Delicious maybe.....
Treat yourself to the Sunset Bar for a drink at sunset overlooking the Noosa River

1  Thank Brendan1970
Write a ReviewReviews (1,061)

Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

Restaurant is located just off the river. You can get a cab, drive or a water taxi. There are a few .
We were lucky and had a view across the river, absolutely lovely at night.

Meals are excellent . There a few fish option barramundi, Maui Maui , which we had a steak. The Maui is the chief special . All excellent. There are various beers on offer as well as a decedent selection of wine.
A mixture of family friends and couples . This is very true of most restaurants in Australia and NZ.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed January 17, 2018 via mobile

Again I always order barramundi local river fish because it is apparently the only fish Australian know how to cook... Mind you their portion are ridiculous small... I hate fish On TOP of soggy chips but Australians are totally unaffected by it. If only once in their life time they tasted fish in Spain they would know the difference in between fish and bring the know how to Australia... But a rock coral fish in a Thai sauce is for me a nono... So far after 50 years in Australia I still find deplorable fish and chips selling everywhere... Grill or steamed fish is always a safe bet.

Reviewed January 13, 2018

On the top floor of the Boathouse you will find this Bar, after many stairs to climb, it offers views both up and down the Noosa River, and has an outdoor area, I took a visiting friend for a drink the outside area was full so luckily got an inside table, it was very popular on a Friday afternoon, music on, and friendly bar staff, we ordered our wine and sat back and enjoyed the views, pleasant way to spend and afternoon.

Reviewed January 13, 2018

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our meal here. From start to finish our waitress was helpful and attentive. I had a few strange requests and she has happy to accommodate. The food was great, I had the signature dish of slow cooked beef which was incredibly tender and juicy. We were given a table close to the water and enjoyed watching the wildlife. We found the restaurant very reasonably priced for the quality of food and great service. Oh, and don't forget to have a cocktail upstairs in the sunset bar before dinner to watch the sunset.