“Not what we hoped for...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Noosa Boathouse

Noosa Boathouse
Ranked #6 of 107 Restaurants in Noosaville
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Floating on top of the Noosa River is where you'll find this award winning, 3 level waterfront dining hub offering a morning coffee and breakfast bar, lunch and dinner in the bistro, a rooftop Sunset Bar, stunning weddings/event spaces and riverside fish & chips. Noosa Boathouse showcases a modern Australian menu that lets seasonal produce shine and offers a strong emphasis on locally harvested produce, fresh seafood and quality beef, combined with an ambition to deliver excellent experiences and service. The bistro - on the first level You'll find Chef Shane Bailey's signature dishes such as baked wild Qld scallops with sea urchin butter, slow cooked bundy braised beef short ribs or crispy pork belly with Thai red curry sauce on the menu. Not to mention our famous 3 tiered seafood platter and a variety of great Australian wines are also a strong feature in the menu. Open Tuesday - Sunday Little Boaty - on the front deck The newest addition to the venue is the coffee & breakfast bar open from 6am 7 days. There's great coffee, panini presses, jaffles, yogurt & muesli bowls and other delicious goodies baked fresh inhouse. The Sunset Bar - on the top deck Open Tuesday to Sunday from 4.30pm the Sunset Bar captures spectacular sunsets over the water and is the perfect spot for a great cocktail or a casual afternoon drink. There's an afternoon frypan menu and everyday drink specials including $6 international beer and wine. Uniquely perched on an idyllic waterfront location in one of Australia's best natural environments, with a menu that lets seasonal produce shine, Noosa Boathouse is a iconic bistro, bar and events destination that truly encapsulates the relaxed Noosa lifestyle.
Brisbane, Australia
“Not what we hoped for...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

The oysters kilpatrick were small, but the sauce tasted great (quite spicy). Bread was expensive. The mains were a reasonably limited choice, as we avoided the $95 seafood platter after seeing someone with it. All dishes we ordered - linguine, barramundi and bugs - were average.
Location is gorgeous. Service was quite slow when we dined.

1 Thank Jerrythelab

Brisbane, Australia
“We will definitely return.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Visited the Boathouse on 25 Sep with my husband and two children (5 and 3). The food was absolutely beautiful - bug salad and herb crusted barramundi for the adults; bolognese and fish and chips for the kids. Great location and brilliant value (kids ate free 5:30-7pm). Can't wait to go back.

Bris
“The Boathouse Noosa - tastey food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I (by mistake) stumbled over this floating restarunt on the Noosa river. As self confessed 'food snobs' we were pleasently surprised to find great steak, great fish and a view you can't find at any restarunt on the sunshine coast. Magic! Thanks for a fun and tasty night at The Boathouse guys. We'll be back for cocktails on the top deck next year :)

Wuuk

• Visited August 2012
Brisbane
“A favourable return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Consistancy is always hard in an industry that is for ever evolving though must say the Boathouse nailed my return after nearly a year since my last visit to Noosa 12 months ago. Trying new places is important but can't beat the setting, service and new summer menu.
I'll be back, Appreciate the extra effort of Jono the new manager.
PB

“A beautiful location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I visited the Boathouse restaurant in Sept 2012 for my birthday. We had our almost 2 year old with us. I ordered the char grilled BBQ chicken and my husband had the rump fillet. We weren't given a childrens menu until after we had ordered our meals. however ordered the pasta dish so that she could eat a little earlier.
The position of the restaurant is wonderful it was a shame we didn't go for lunch as it would be so beautiful during the day.
The cocktail menu was not very big and not many popular choices were listed. They did not have a lot of mixers to do something that was not on the list.
The steak was 'cooked perfectly' for my husbands liking and my chicken dish was quite nice. I was not unhappy with my experience but I don't think I would return we had some nicer meals elsewhere and places that made us feel a little more welcome with a child.

Visited September 2012