“Authentic & delicious Indian food”

Magic of India Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 109 Restaurants in Noosaville
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The most award winning Indian restaurant in Noosa. Our 5-star hotel trained chefs from Delhi continue to win the appreciation of Magic of India guests, preparing mouth-watering Tandoori Chicken fresh from the clay oven to delicious Butter Chicken, served with freshly baked Naan breads. We specialise in traditional Indian curry and Tandoori cuisine.
Brisbane, Australia
“Authentic & delicious Indian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed some amazing Indian food the other night & can't wait to go again!

The menu said 'traditional & authentic" & the food was just that! The music was lovely too!

We had the Beef Vindaloo which was so flavoursome, spicy & tender. We also had Palak Chicken which was my wife's favourite! It was another flavoursome but mild dish, amazing herbs & spices!

Anyone that wants a delicious, enjoyable & satisfying meal of Indian cuisine should try Magic of India, it will leave you wanting more!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Brettdscott

Brisbane, Australia
“Majic of taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food was awesome...the spice variations in each of the dishes are delectable. Best Indian restaurant in Noosa.

noosa
“Very dissapointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We ordered butter chicken, lamb korma and garlic naan. First was shocked at the tiny portians. Usually when we order indian it comes in the large rectangle containers, these come in the small round containers and cost five dollars more then every other place in town (decided to pay extra and try something new as we needed delivery) the butter chicken wasn't bad but the lamb korma was so bland. It lacked colour, spice and taste. Usually that is my favourite and I go back for more but still have half the container in my fridge that's going to end up binned. The naan was was doughie and tough. Made it hard to eat and half was burnt not to mentioned it arrived stone cold and our curries also needed to be heated. To top of the dislike for my order the was a hair in my food. Gross! Couldn't eat anymore and ended up eating two minute noodles after paying $55. This is by far the most expensive and worst indian I have ever had. Coming from a town with indian on every corner including across the road from them I'd be upping my game. That was a first and last for me.

1 Thank misscritique84
Gold Coast, Australia
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

What a lovely place the meal was outstanding and such a good price. A lovely quaint outdoor area with gorgeous lighting.

“Poor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Ordered take away chicken madras, lamb korma and garlic naan and cheesy naan.

1/4 through my chicken madras I found a black hair. Disgusting.

Lamb korma had no taste, was boring just bland.

Should have just ordered plain naan bread, neither was cheesy or had any garlic taste.

Horrible. Won't be going back here again.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Angry4444
Inder M, Owner at Magic of India Restaurant, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Hi

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, good or bad, it all helps us improve. I appreciate that you chose to order from us and am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations.

We have been serving thousands of meals each week to satisfied guests for the last 19 years and follow strict hygiene guidelines however I agree finding a hair in your food is disgusting. I have since informed my two chefs to take precautions.

To reassure you, as mentioned, I have been running a tight ship at optimal level for the last 19 years, with the same head chef for the last 17 of those years, and have won recognition from discerning locals, tourists and Restaurant & Catering Australia over this time. I still grind all the spices for the restaurant fresh for all the dishes.

As for the Lamb Korma, being a traditional restaurant, we make it mild(mentioned on menu). This dish is a legacy of the Mughal emperors who brought this cuisine to India from Persia(now Iran) in the 14th - 15th century. Its essential ingredients are yoghurt, cashews, korma masala( gentle aromatic spice mix made from fennel, cardamom, cumin, cinnamon and black pepper) and no chilli.

I agree sometimes this dish can taste bland, especially when you are expecting it to be hot or just after you have tasted something hotter(like Chicken Madras) however it is packed with fresh aromatic gentle spices. Saying that, most of our dishes can be made slightly hotter, on request, without affecting the integrity and soul of the dish.

I am afraid I am baffled about the breads. They are made and baked in the Tandoor when ordered and the Tandoori chef is pedantic about his breads. The Cheese Naan is filled with cheese before baking and the Garlic Naan is studded with fresh garlic and coriander before baking. I can only guess that your packet of breads mistakenly went to someone else. Very rare but has happened on some busy nights.

Our team and I are very passionate and take pride in our food and I do hope you will give us a chance to give you the true experience of Magic of India. Please contact me via email so I can arrange for another take away on the house.

Warm regards