“Great Seafood”

Maisie's Seafood and Steakhouse
Ranked #11 of 111 Restaurants in Noosaville
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Maisie's Seafood & Steakhouse Restaurant Noosa. Looking for a relaxed ambience, delicious food and peaceful outlook? Why not try Maisie's in Noosaville for lunch or dinner – as one of Noosa’s longest-running restaurants, Maisie's has a great trackrecord of serving tasty food and pleasing both locals and residents alike. Specialising in fresh seafood and tastysteaks, get along to Maisies.
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We had the "Hot and Cold Platter" for 2 .
Delicious prawns, crab, bugs, marinated octopus , oysters highly recommend !

1  Thank Leanne S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,002)

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Our first experience at Maisie's was with the family. All the meals were delicious and well presented. For a great holiday restaurant destination this is the place. It has great cuisine and is good value too.
Our second visit was a special occasion and the lobster was to die for.
This place is drenched in history and well worth a visit.

1  Thank Dennis C
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We were keen to try Maisie's as they advertised gluten free meals and the GF family members (having Coeliac Disease) really wished to find somewhere that served GF fish and chips. When I checked with the staff to make sure the chips were gf I was advised that they are cooked in the same vat as other fried food which is not gf. Despite my explanation that this means the chips are not actually gf, the staff member insisted that they were. Therefore, we left the restaurant as we felt that only 2 out of 5 of our family could eat there safely, not willing to risk that this lack of knowledge regarding the cooking of gf food might be representative of the rest of the staff.

Russell C, Manager at Maisie's Seafood and Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Hi there,
Thank you for your review and i am sorry you had left disappointed. We do offer Gluten Free meals and the kitchen staff which includes myself (Head Chef) are very meticulous when dealing with Gluten Free diners especially with Coeliac Disease. Technically the chips, as a product, are gluten free, however as stated by the waitress they are cooked in a deep fryer that also has wheat cooked in it. The staff have been requested by myself to state this when serving gluten free diners as most of the them are gluten free due to the diet they 'choose' to live by. Many of the diners are happy to eat the chips as they would not be affected as they are not highly wheat intolerant. "Gluten Free" is becoming a common trend with many health benefits and we are now seeing a high percentage of gluten free diners visiting Maisie's requesting GF meals. On the flip side are diners, like your family, that do have Coeliac's Disease. We are sorry that we could not offer chips but i would have hoped you were offered alternatives such as baked potato, creamy garlic potato, crushed potato, rice etc...When we are informed of a person with Coeliac Disease the kitchen staff prepare, as trained, the food with absolutely no possibility of contamination to insure safe eating. Again i would like to apologize for your disappointment and do hope you would return to Maisie's as we can certainly cater for a Gluten Free option.

Sincere Regards
Russell Clarke
Head Chef/Manager
(07) 54497497
maisiesseafoodandsteak@outlook.com

Reviewed January 8, 2014

The day we came for lunch was on of the hottest in Noosa in the past month. The staff appeared not mind that we turned down our reserved table in the window to find one in a cooler spot though with the very old air conditioner it was not much better. When ordering our meals they were happy to change a salad selection which came with a meal. The meals arrived fairly promptly and were presented nicely. The size of the meals looked very different. Two which were the same looked meal size while the other looked entrée size( Pawns wrapped in bacon). Though cooked nicely I felt it was lacking in taste while my Greek salad was more of a bit of lettuce with olives on top. The other two dishes(mornay) were enjoyed by their diners though because of the heat could not be finished. Two of us ordered dessert which were light and a nice way to end the meal. Even though it was a lovely lunch out with my fellow diners, there are a lot of other restaurants I will try when I go back.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

All this restaurant was interested in was our money, not helpful or co-operative in any way. We booked a table for 5 for 7.30 and arrived early, approx 7.10 and saw a table set up for 5 that was vacant, but on speaking with the Maitre'D he told us that we were too early and that some-one was sitting on our table and were still eating and to come back at 7.30. I enquired about the vacant table set for 5 and he said a definate No. I had my 87 year old mother with me so we had to stand outside the restaurant and wait until 7.30, and still the table set up for 5 was vacant. When we were permitted to return, a very small table in a corner was set for us (a table for 4) and the 5 of us squeezed onto this table, even thougth we had too large people in our party. It took a long time to get drinks, when the waitress bought out our water glasses she had her fingers in the glasses, which I had to ask to have replaced. Food arrived fairly quickly once we got an order in, (drink orders were wrong when they came). Three out of the 5 meals were good, they other two were substandard, tasteless, and not as described on the menu. The spare table of 5 which was vacant at 7.10, was finally filled out 8.15 by 4 walkins (customers who didnt have bookings), how do I know this, I am in the Restaurant Industry and read body language very well. I was totally dismayed at the way we were treated. And no we are not tourists passing through, but locals who were bringing visitors to this restaurant. When we went to pay the bill, it was incorrect and had extra items on it, and the Maitre'd couldnt have cared less, there was no apology, no enquiry into our dining experience, just give me your money and move on type of attitude. We will not be taking our guests to Maisie's again, nor will we be recommending it, there are many excellent Restaurants in Noosa with great staff who make one feel very welcome, and not a hinderance as the staff at Maisie's do. Eating out is a total experience, and Maises you lack that experience.