“Mmmmm...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maisie's Seafood and Steakhouse

Maisie's Seafood and Steakhouse
Ranked #11 of 107 Restaurants in Noosaville
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Maisie's Seafood & Steakhouse Restaurant Noosa. Looking for a relaxed ambience, delicious food and peaceful outlook? Why not try Maisie's in Noosaville for lunch or dinner – as one of Noosa’s longest-running restaurants, Maisie's has a great trackrecord of serving tasty food and pleasing both locals and residents alike. Specialising in fresh seafood and tastysteaks, get along to Maisies.
Brisbane, Australia
“Mmmmm...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

As a takeaway restaurant we found Maisie's to be not only value for money but fantastic on quality. So impressed we returned for dinner the next night. Unbeknownst to us bookings generally were required. They thoughtfully fitted us in...we were given an hour and a half to eat out meal and get out before the table was required for a booking. With two children in tow I was not happy but we thought, why not! After spending $101.50 on dinner (including two alcoholic beverages) I walked away feeling ripped off and wanting more. I ordered the special of Scallops Florentine and found in so inundated with spinach and cheese sauce that I could barely find my scallops. When I did I was incredibly surprised. No more than 5mm thick. I get bigger scallops in Brisbane and it doesn't cost my $32! My husbands surf and turf was not what we expected either. Seafood drenched in sauce that we could barely decipher what seafood was actually there, to find also mostly mussles.
In short. By all means as a takeaway it blew us away...no way would I return for a sit down meal.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RoseLord

Traralgon, Australia
“Loved the Steak & Seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Loved this place. Great history associated with this restaurant. The meals were delicious!! Could be busy in peak times. Great location overlooking the river. We would go back.

Visited November 2012
“Still sitting and waiting for food with 1yo & 3yo after 2hours plus!!! Lot of walking of kids and no time together !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

1 Thank Funsuntime
Russell C, Manager at Maisie's Seafood and Steakhouse, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Hello there, i am very sorry to hear of your bad experience at Maisie's and i thank you for bringing it to my attention. Maisie's is well known for the speed in which it serves the customers and to hear this has happened to yourselves especially with young children was not on. I have looked into this incident and found that there was a breakdown in communication between the front of house and kitchen, there is no excuse for this type of service and i do hope you can bring yourselves back to Maisie's in the near future as i assure you this will not happen again. If you do wish to come back please contact myself for your booking.

Kind Regards
Russell Clarke
Head Chef
Gympie
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Chose this restaurant after reading reviews. Booked early, mentioned it was our anniversary and were promised 'a romantic table'. My view over George's shoulder was out the back door to a concrete yard with a roller doored garage. George's over my shoulder was a wall. As waiter said 'there's no romantic table in here.'
I ordered steak with mushrooms and asparagus. Steak was cooked as I asked, but asparagus was a small heap matchstick thin plus 2 small mushrooms, and a small potato - meal was warm, not hot.. A salad occupied half of the large plate. George had reef fish with oysters,scallops and prawns. Fish was ok, oysters and scallops overcooked, prawns good. Again half the plate covered with salad.
The restaurant was very busy. Most people were dressed neatly, but several wore cheap rubber flip flops and beachwear. I know this is a beach resort but If the local Bowls Club can have a dress standard for after 6.00pm I'm sure Maisie's could do the same. Tablecloths would not go amiss, nor better quality cutlery and glasswear, also the paper serviettes need to go.
All up very disappointing as we had intended to spend a considerable amount, but instead left after the main course. The prices were reasonable, particularly the wine.
Toilets also could do with some maintenance, they are down the end of a very narrrow lane and could pose some safety issues.
Would not recommend, maybe it was just an off night, but won't bother returning to see if it was.

• Visited November 2012
Gympie, Australia
“Always reliable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

A regular haunt when we go down to the Noosa River or stay at CocoBay Resort. Excellent for an inexpensive quick lunch or their take-away, which is great value as you sit by the river watching the ferry go by & the wildlife such as Brahimi Kites & Ospreys also looking for lunch ! Their salads with the meals are excellent & well presented, wine list is well priced. Dinner is also good.Reminds us of a brasserie in Thonon on Lake Geneva, nothing fancy, just good food at a good price with good service. There is a lot of competition along Gympie Terrace but we always return to Maisie's.

• Visited October 2012