“July Birthday Present”

Islander Noosa Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Noosaville
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Mum & I stayed here in July. The accommodation was beautiful, but the stairs were'nt good for mum, it was a struggle to get up & down. The room was spotless. The pools were clean. The whole setup looked like we were on a tropical island. Within close proximity to eateries, clothes shops & the river. Also there was a bus stop across the road for us to go to Noosa Junction and Hastings street. There were two things I didn't like, firstly the receptionist was abrupt and rude. Secondly when we checked in we were told to leave a $200 deposit / bond for anything missing or broken. We were told by the receptionist that it was explained in the brochure, but we booked through the Jetstar Travel Agency, and nothing was said to us about that. Anyway we left the room spotless beyond checking out, they sent the housemaid to look over the apartment to find it spotless, we received our $200 back. I won't go back there again due to the attitude of the receptionist.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Janine W
cpm-rdm, Manager at Islander Noosa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Dear Ms 'Janine W'
Thankyou for the feedback regarding not being advised about the pre-authorisation or cash bond if a guest prefers, that we and many hotels require. We will go back to the agent and ask them to advise guests so others guests like you don't feel offended by this procedure. I sincerely apologise that you thought this was a personal affront. We have villas without stairs but probably saw 2 ladies sharing and assumed the villa with 2nd bathroom would be good - thus the stairs. Thankyou for staying with us and for the lovely feedback about the cleanliness of the villa, Housekeepers will be thrilled to read this. A happy new year to you and your Mum, and how lovely that you take holidays with your Mum and have such a close relationship with her. Bula Cathy & Team

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Firstly let me say that I never write reviews let alone negative reviews.
So I am not a chronic whinger or complainer.
I also own a holiday rental so I know about cleaning times and how clean a departing renter should leave a property.
We have just come back from a 10 day stay at the Islander Noosaville.
The pool was lovely and the kids had a great time. Ground and maintenance staff do a great job
BEWARE that you do not get charged additional cleaning fees if you stay for any length of time.
I was charged extra because the management said that it took 4 hours to clean our villa.
I spent a lot of time cleaning up although I forgot to wipe out the fridge and left 2 dirty glasses. All other stuff had been thru the dishwasherand returned to the cupboards. . May I also point out that there is no vacuum cleaner or bucket to clean the floors and carpet.I had to sweep the carpet.
I felt insulted that my cleaning was not up to scratch and warranted 2 hours of extra cleaning time . I was charged $35 instead of $55 the 2 extra hours cost
The issue is not the money but, that I have no way of proving that it would not take 4 hours to clean the villa. The resort can just make this claim and charge your credit card.
Cathy's response to my complaint and I quote directly from her email was this
." The decision is not a reflection on you but the outcome of a 9 night stay in a 3 bedroom Villa with children and adults sharing space"
It appears that it doesn't matter how you clean you leave a property, if adults and children share a space for 9 nights it will result in extra cleaning charges.
I am sure management will respond and blame me for all sorts of things and say how generous they were towards me. Again I have no way of refuting or disproving what they say.
I could go on and on about the condition of the villa and what I did to clean it but there is little point.
Just make sure you get management to check your villa before handing in the keys.
Apart form that I am sure you will enjoy your stay at the Islander.

Room Tip: Villa 97. Pros: There is a pool and BBQ right outside and an unused driveway where children can pl...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank tadpole57
cpm-rdm, Manager at Islander Noosa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear 'Mrs TadPole'
Thankyou for the review, as you warned us to expect.
As we advised, having to charge a guest for additional cleaning is something we don't treat lightly - it certainly places stress on us having to advise our guests - although those we have charged (and there have been approx. 12 over 10 years) usually understand.

In your situation we looked at the other two villas in your group to try to use these as part of your clean time but these too were over in time. We charged $35 instead of what should have been $105. I am sorry our concessions in this regard were not satisfactory, and I am sad that you would think we would unnecessarily charge a guest for the sake of it - that's not how we do business or have built our reputation.

We try to maintain good value rates and we just can't sustain 4 hour cleans when the average is 2.5 hours on a 3 bedroom villa. As you advised, our rates are good value as we want to see holidays affordable for families.

Thankyou for the lovely feedback about the resort and our Back of House team and for staying.
Bula, Cathy and Team

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Hidden behind a row of shops you enter a tropical paradise that is a complete surprise. Lush planting disguises slightly tired looking exteriors. Inside our two level, three bedroom unit we had everything we needed. Functional and clean it provided a perfect backdrop to our gathering of friends old and new from across the Tasman. The lovely Noosa river is across the road and there are numerous restaurants within minutes. We loved it

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank SafeAs
cpm-rdm, Manager at Islander Noosa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Mr and Mrs 'Safe As'
Thank you for staying with us to celebrate your reunion with friends, and for the feedback. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and our local Noosa River which is so pretty. Our best to you and family. Bula Cathy & Team

Reviewed October 30, 2013

The Islander is the perfect place to relax with everything you could possibly want close at hand. A groups of friends have now been staying here for a 'long weekend' for over 20 years now and we will continue to return to the ideal place to relax but still have heaps of fun. The best thing is that once you park the car you really do not have to get in it again until you go home. While the accommodation is aging it still provides comfort and is an ideal place for the kids too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the lagoon - beautiful!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bruce H
cpm-rdm, Manager at Islander Noosa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Mr Bruce-H
We are very spoilt to have such a loyal guest, thankyou for the writeup and for of course staying with us. We are as you know doing continual upgrades - lagoon pool last year, the saunas this month, street front just finished so we are tackling the fact that we are 20 years young and working on villa refurbishments as we go so it was good to hear that your stay was comfortable and you are so right no car is needed. Thankyou, we appreciate and thankyou for staying with us. Bula Cathy & Team

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We booked here by accident when our first option fell through. Thank goodness that happened! Really well located in the centre of gympie tce. Lovely gardens and fabulous lagoon pool, well 3 connected pools really. Plus 2 other pools and a heap of spas. All immaculately clean.
There is a central BBQ area next to the lagoon pool with a dining area including a communal kitchen. Fabulous area below the tennis courts and gym and next to the pool spas and sauna.
The rooms are all semi
detached like little terraces. Ours was number 16 it was brilliant on the end of the row and with a balcony off the master bedroom not many rooms seemed to have this balcony. I would recommend it especially because the people next to us smoked on their ground floor terrace which wasn't very nice but upstairs we seemed to get away from it. The rooms are spacious very clean villas with two bathrooms a laundry a full kitchen and tvs in both the lounge and main bedroom.
The supermarket and a fantastic dan Murphys are just round the corner. You get a discount at the many different shops that border the complex too.
We also got a $50 voucher to spend at the cafe which basically got us a free breakfast.
The gym could do with a little TLC according to the hubby but really? You're on holiday go for a walk along the river instead!
We had free undercover parking and the whole resort is very secure.
We absolutely loved the place. My hubby and my kids who are 11 and 9 just loved it as did I. The staff were lovely and always addressed me by name at reception or on the phone which I thought was a nice touch from a family resort. I totally recommend this place for families. I don't know that a couple with no kids would love it during school holiday times cos there are lots of kids but for us it was perfect.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank lilysholiday
cpm-rdm, Manager at Islander Noosa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear 'Mr and Mrs Lilysholiday'
Thankyou for staying with us and for the accurate sum up of our resort. We are so pleased you enjoyed the holiday, and we hope to welcome you back, Bula and thanks again for staying Cathy & Team

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We recently spent a week at the Islander resort, and I have to say that we were very happy with our choice. We normally stay in a higher star rating place, but chose this resort as it looked good. Well I have to say that I have no idea how the ratings are done, but this is NOT a 3.5 star property. It is FAR better than that. We had a lovely quiet apartment, 2 bedrooms, big lounge / dining kitchen which was fully equipped. We had 2 flat screen TV's and a DVD player, and CD radio unit with decent speakers. What more could you want. The only slight down side was the bed, which we found very hard. The resort itself was quiet, very pretty and the main pool area could not be faulted. The resort is in a great position with loads of cafe's and restaurants all around it, and it is just over the road from the river and the nice long walks that are possible in this charming area. The main cafe which is part of the resort 'Moondoggies' was very good, it had great breakfasts and really nice drinks - think energy drinks from fruit and vegetables, and I don't normally drink these, but having tried my wife's I was converted. Overall this is a great little place to stay, would we stay here again if we went back - yes is the answer

Room Tip: If you don't have kids, request a room away from the pool, if you do have kids, I think the pool...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MartinCAuckland
cpm-rdm, Manager at Islander Noosa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Mr 'MartinC'
Thank you for being our guest and for the great feedback about our resort, the location, our pool and Moondoggy's Café. I am sorry about the bed being hard, we will talk to our supplier. We are thrilled to think you rate us better than the 3.5 star! Safe travels to you both. . Bula Cathy & Team

Reviewed September 22, 2013

It was my birthday in June and the family came together to celebrate. We booked two villas for six adults, 2 children and a baby and we were placed quite close together. One pool was heated in winter, so the kids enjoyed a swim. The grounds are lovely with tropical gardens and it is fun exploring. It would be perfect in summer! The resort is close to everything and just across the road from a great park with barbecue facilities and sheltered beaches on the Noosa River. The staff were fantastic and I was treated to a surprise bottle of champagne compliments of the resort - thank you so much!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
cpm-rdm, Manager at Islander Noosa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Mrs 'JosetteBrisbane'
We appreciate you staying with us for your birthday with family and for the write up, all the best and we look forward to welcoming you back another stay. Bula Cathy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Noosaville
Noosa Sun Motel & Holiday Apartments
RACV Noosa Resort
#2 of 10 in Noosa
Noosa Entrance Waterfront Resort
Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort

Been to Islander Noosa Resort? Share your experiences!