Firstly let me say that I never write reviews let alone negative reviews.
So I am not a chronic whinger or complainer.
I also own a holiday rental so I know about cleaning times and how clean a departing renter should leave a property.
We have just come back from a 10 day stay at the Islander Noosaville.
The pool was lovely and the kids had a great time. Ground and maintenance staff do a great job
BEWARE that you do not get charged additional cleaning fees if you stay for any length of time.
I was charged extra because the management said that it took 4 hours to clean our villa.
I spent a lot of time cleaning up although I forgot to wipe out the fridge and left 2 dirty glasses. All other stuff had been thru the dishwasherand returned to the cupboards. . May I also point out that there is no vacuum cleaner or bucket to clean the floors and carpet.I had to sweep the carpet.
I felt insulted that my cleaning was not up to scratch and warranted 2 hours of extra cleaning time . I was charged $35 instead of $55 the 2 extra hours cost
The issue is not the money but, that I have no way of proving that it would not take 4 hours to clean the villa. The resort can just make this claim and charge your credit card.
Cathy's response to my complaint and I quote directly from her email was this
." The decision is not a reflection on you but the outcome of a 9 night stay in a 3 bedroom Villa with children and adults sharing space"
It appears that it doesn't matter how you clean you leave a property, if adults and children share a space for 9 nights it will result in extra cleaning charges.
I am sure management will respond and blame me for all sorts of things and say how generous they were towards me. Again I have no way of refuting or disproving what they say.
I could go on and on about the condition of the villa and what I did to clean it but there is little point.
Just make sure you get management to check your villa before handing in the keys.
Apart form that I am sure you will enjoy your stay at the Islander.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Self contained villas on 4 acres in heart of Noosaville offering great value and best facilities: 3 pools (large solar heated lagoon pool + heated pool to 30 degrees all year + another pool facing north for sun) & spas & saunas & tennis courts & BBQs & Clubhouse. Opposite the Noosa River and 5 minute stroll to cafes & restaurants (8 on premise including Moondoggy's Cafe Bar), shops and supermarket. All villas have full kitchen and laundry, Foxtel free and DVD in villa. 1 GB Wifi ( fair usage policy) each villa booked. Disability villas available and hoist to assist guests with mobility concerns into the heated pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Islander Noosa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Islander Noosa Hotel Noosaville
- Islander Noosa Resort Noosaville