I was a “mexican...aka Victorian” who lived in Noosa for a short time about a decade ago. Based on my knowledge at that time, other friend’s reports and my recent experience, I am happy to recommend the Islander resort in Noosaville for independent style stays of small groups and families.
In early May 2008, I visited the Sunshine Coast to stay with family friends but also wanted to spend a few days at a “resort” rather than as guests at our friend’s house.
I found the Islander Resort on Gympie Terrace, Noosaville perfectly suited for our purposes and meeting the standards it advertises.
We stayed in a 2 bdr villa. 1 Queen, 2 single. Fully self contained – linen, dishwasher, crockery, bathroom (spa), laundry, 2 TV’s and starter pack. Air con, outdoor seating...everthing!
As the property states, the units are fully self-contained within a resort style environment. The staff are not there to respond to every whim like a tropical resort or off-shore/island resort would. It’s up to you.
They simply provide quality accommodation and facilities…you can access a wide range of quality services suiting your needs yourself nearby at your price range and timings.
Within a few minutes walk of your unit is plenty of quality take away, great byo restaurants, cheeky bars, supermarkets, shopping centres, video shops, hotel bars, riverside restaurants, river ferries…so get out of your unit and DO SOMETHING!
Grenny’s Fish Restaurant is nearby the resort and I can highly recommend it. Quality food, reasonable prices. It was BYO at time of my visit but even when fully licensed it will be a supreme choice for a casual dinner.
The Islander will be perfect for those who enjoy independence in quality surrounds. If you want “luxury” go to Hastings Street (and pay for it), if you want the extreme budget end go to Koala Bar Backpackers.
If there are a few of you who are relatively free spirited and enjoy the benefits of making your own lifestyle on holidays, I recommend the Islander. It’s middle of the road. My deal was off-peak so priced right but I would say it’s about a mid-range venue
Even those within driving distance looking for a weekend away like those in Brisbane, GC or surrounds…you can bring your own supplies making your trip even more economical.
Even on a “cool” day in May, the spas and poolside BBQ were beautiful.
G’Day and Bula!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Self contained villas on 4 acres in heart of Noosaville offering great value and best facilities: 3 pools (large solar heated lagoon pool + heated pool to 30 degrees all year + another pool facing north for sun) & spas & saunas & tennis courts & BBQs & Clubhouse. Opposite the Noosa River and 5 minute stroll to cafes & restaurants (8 on premise including Moondoggy's Cafe Bar), shops and supermarket. All villas have full kitchen and laundry, Foxtel free and DVD in villa. 1 GB Wifi ( fair usage policy) each villa booked. Disability villas available and hoist to assist guests with mobility concerns into the heated pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Islander Noosa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Islander Noosa Hotel Noosaville
- Islander Noosa Resort Noosaville