Tripadvisor
Corlette
1,258 results
All reviews port stephens loft room overlooking the marina high tea the general manager buffet breakfast small beach the galley beautiful location romantic getaway our wedding anniversary the ground floor stayed for two nights oysters lounge area long weekend new owners
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

my and my wife are really lucky , we have visited some fantastic hotels all over the world , we have recently just returned from a 4 night stay at this amazing hotel my only regret was we were not staying longer , from the moment we arrived and was greeted by a very friendly receptionist who offered us a glass of fizz she was very helpful explaining everything we needed to know, from the moment you set foot in this hotel there is a really calm and tranquil feel about it , the rooms are very modern spotlessly clean overlooking the marina , we just sat on the balcony looking out , what a fantastic view , the whole hotel is amazing the outdoor pool area again so relaxing , the breakfast again top quality plenty of options nothing is too much trouble , to me the staff make this hotel each and everyone i met was genuinely pleased to see you and was more than happy to talk with you and make you feel at home ,10 out 10 to all the staff i could write so much more , all that is left to be said is thank you to each and everyone of you at this fantastic hotel , next time i visit Australia i will be back

Room tip: i prefer the second floor the balconies are more private
1  Thank happy63Liverpool
Ali H, General Manager at The Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and providing us with such a wonderful 5 star review.

I am glad that you found your accommodation and breakfast experience to be excellent. We are glad that you thoroughly enjoyed yourselves and our beautiful views of the harbour.
I'm so pleased to hear that our staff were able to make you feel welcome in our hotel throughout your entire stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A beautiful place to stay, with a stunning bayside outlook. Every room has a gorgeous view. A glass of bubbly on arrival at reception was lovely.
We had a loft suite, but I’d recommend the single level Anchorage room (have stayed in both) as the loft bedroom has tiny windows, not much of a view. Anchorage rooms, while smaller, have beds that look out onto the bay and marina view. Bathrooms same in both.
We booked for a birthday stay, unfortunately there was no mention of this, regarding check in, in room or in restaurant, which is so unlike the treatment we get as Accor guests in their many hotels. It is such a lovely touch to receive a birthday message and small treat, and easy to do. And we have been coming here for years. Anyway...
The Wild Herring restaurant had lovely food. It’s a strange little room though, surrounded by glass windows that look out onto a verandah, that was filled with a loud, large group of footballers having a bbq buffet. Not the best birthday dinner atmosphere. Was also a bit tacky to receive flutes with ‘The Galley’ (their other restaurant) written over them.
Housekeeping didn’t replenish shower gel, and we did not have any coffee pods, tea or tea cups, we had to ask for it all. No plates or cutlery in room at all.
Breakfast is lovely, wait staff at breakfast the friendliest and most attentive.
The adults only pool is much needed and appreciated, however guests staying in a nearby room insisted on playing loud music from their room for us all. The whole time. We ended up at the main pool to escape it.
Poolside staff were fantastic and the poolside menu is great.
The nearby beach is gorgeous for morning walks, laying about and swimming.
Great running tracks into Nelson Bay.
Our favourite restaurant is Little Beach Boathouse, just beyond Nelson Bay.
I suppose the biggest disappointment was the ill-equipped gym. No free weights, a leg press that was broken and a couple of machines, no mirrors. A shame as it’s in a beautiful little room with a lovely outlook. Heaps of potential if better fitted out.
All of the negatives are easy fixed, really.
Overall, we love it here, but it’s probably 4 stars rather than 5. They are charging more these days so they need to match these charges with a 5 star experience.

1  Thank nikw32

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for choosing to stay at The Anchorage Port Stephens once again. I am happy to hear that overall you were able to enjoy your birthday escape.

However, I am sincerely sorry that you were disappointed with some of your experiences during your stay and that they did not meet The Anchorage standards. I am also very sorry that your birthday was not acknowledged.

Rest assured I have raised each point with our team. We appreciate your comments and I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves, when your travels next bring you to Port Stephens.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 9, 2020 via mobile

A beautiful Hamptons inspired resort. We stayed in a suite which incorporated a lounge room with balcony off and a huge upstairs bedroom with bathroom. The bed was super comfy and the bath big enough for two with a rain shower seperate. The beach next door to the resort has the whitest sand and we walked it at 6.30am and saw much wildlife including wild black swans. The buffet breakfast included everything. Fabulous variety. And the adult only pool heated to 24 degrees was perfect at 8am!! My only gripe would be that you can’t check in till 3pm. We would have been happy to pay for early checkin and got there at 11.30am. We were told they would ring us when our room was ready. Obviously the receptionist had no intention of telling or asking anyone. We called back in twice and finally got to check in at, yes you guessed it, 3pm. We were tired and wanted to sleep and it would have taken very little effort for her to inform the cleaners to clean our room first. Not impressed with young girls on front desk. All other staff were wonderful

1  Thank Massagesue
Ali H, General Manager at The Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2020

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and providing us with a 5 star review. I was particularly disappointed to hear of the service you experienced at the front desk and would like to assure you that this is by no means representative of our usual high standards. Rest assured I have raised each point with our team.

I am glad that you found your accommodations and dining options to be excellent. We are glad that you thoroughly enjoyed yourselves and our wonderful views of the harbour.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 8, 2020

We had a lovely room here albeit my with would have liked a little more clothes storage space, I don't think the rooms are this hotels issue, its position overlooking the small harbour is lovely also. The issue is two fold, essentially it's been over developed so there are too many rooms for the size of the plot, so this means that the outside space is limited, with two pools you would think it shouldn't be a problem but at full capacity in holiday periods the children's pool (by far the largest) is packed with screaming kids, parents and grandparents, so go to the adults pool I here you say, well we tried each day we were there but with just 12 sun beds (yes 12, there is no room for more) it was impossible. There was literally no where else apart from your own balcony, which was ok for an hour or so but not comfortable.So we just went out or to the restaurant, which brings me to the second problem. The restaurant is just not to the standard of the hotel, it just never felt exclusive enough, why? Because there are just to many people, especially at breakfast all fighting for the same space and because it was holiday time there were more children than adults, no I like kids, i was one myself once I have two, i have two grand kids. I just dont like them in such a confined space where i cant get away from them. The waiting staff were mostly friendly, but some were somewhat disheveled maybe because the had to deal with all the kids? One piece of advice i know you need to maximize on your potential and The Anchorage certainly has great potential and is a lovely property, but as it is you cannot claim to be 5 stars. Probably 4 at the most, either make it adults only and up your game in the restaurant and it would be perfect and 5 star all the way, or keep it a family friendly establishment and make it clear that there are limited facilities for adult couples.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for choosing to stay at The Anchorage Port Stephens. I am happy that overall you were able to enjoy your stay with us.

Thank you for your constructive and detailed feedback. I was sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations in some areas of the Hotel and would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 1, 2020 via mobile

Kids running wild - all areas even in breakfast when the floors were wet after rain .

Took in excessive of 50 mins each morning to get a coffee which was ordered as soon as we entered the dining room. The young lady serving was rude and surly to me as I asked how long our coffee was going to be ... ordered 45 mins previously ... talked slowly and aggressively to me saying “ there are 200 guests here wanting coffee .. so I stated “you are saying the buffet is closed in10 Mins so is it worth waiting ? She then talked down to me and said “ I’m trying to explain to you “ !!??

2 mornings there were no tables for us and when we got one on out las morning it was sticky , table covered in food debris and the floor filthy !

We laid for 2 rooms for 5 days and have to say it was not worth the money ... pretentious .. understaffed ... adults only pool tiny and not nearly loungers for number of guests !

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for kindly taking the time to post your feedback, following your stay with us at the Anchorage Port Stephens.

I was particularly disappointed to hear of the service you experienced and would like to assure you that this is by no means representative of our usual high standards. Rest assured I have raised each point with our team.

Warm regards,