My husband & I booked a weekend away with friends from Sydney, to celebrate a birthday. We chose this location as it was a reasonable drive from Sydney, had an in house restaurant, spa facilities, pool, views and access to wineries and nature, for bushwalks and rewards!
Our friends booked a Loft Suite, with the bedroom above a lounge and we had the adjoining room. There were a fair number of guests in house but not fully-booked. Staff at all times were helpful, courteous and cheerful. The girls booked in for facials, a lovely treat. We used the sauna after to finish off. Breakfast was included in our rate and the buffet breakfast was amazing. Everything from fresh fruit smoothies and bircher muesli to home made yoghurts and all the treat such as pastries, 10 kinds of toast, bacon, sausages, eggs, mushrooms, waffles.....
My tip is to request eggs benedict if you'd like it (or an omelette) - they will do this if you ask but it's not advertised.
We had dinner in the restaurant on the Friday night (Merretts). They have a set-price system, based on the number of courses you order. 2 of the party had 2 courses ($55) and 2 had 3 courses ($70). Pretty good value, although I'd rate the food as about 4/5. The oysters that the boys chose for entrée were eclipsed the following night by those at The Wharf at Nelson's Bay, which were the fattest Pacific oysters we'd ever seen.
Other dishes were all delicious but not outstanding, although the service was top-notch.
Near the hotel are several nature walks and we did one each day, visiting the Port Stephens lighthouse and then Tomaree Head.
The rooms were well equipped, but the bathrooms are starting to show signs of wear. Ours needed the grout to be cleaned and in some areas replaced, and there were things like paint drips (big ones) on the bath spout. Small issues but they detracted from the room. Extras included ipod docks but no in-room safe.
In summer we believe this resort is fully-booked, but there are plenty of lovely beaches around so it wouldn't be overcrowded. The outdoor heated pool is large and overlooks the marina, and there are plenty of activities to suit all ages and levels of fitness.
All in all an excellent visit and we will happily return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Accommodation by the Sea. All 80 rooms and suites have an individual balcony or porch, most with unobstructed views over Port Stephens. At Anchorage Port Stephens we are large enough to provide you with superb guest facilities but small enough to ensure your stay is intimate and relaxed. Only two and a half hours drive from Sydney,Anchorage Port Stephens is the perfect seaside weekend escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anchorage Port Stephens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Anchorage Port Stephens Hotel Corlette
- Peppers Anchorage Hotel Port Stephens
- Peppers Anchorage Resort Port Stephens
- Anchorage Port Stephens Corlette