Peppers in Anchorage has a lovely feel to it - whilst some things are past their prime (e.g. bathrooms), everything is very clean and solid, with a sort of New England character. Even in rainy weather, it is a lovely place to be - overlooking the marina, you can have a walk along the boardwalk or the white sandy beach. For those with young kids, the playground is just outside. The rooms are good size (those on the ground floor are larger than those above it).
It is obvious that the hotel is run by a relatively small number of staff, so if you are used to prompt service of a 5-star hotel, you might need to adjust your expectations there. Having said that, you are there to relax and enjoy the area, this is definitely a good base.
One disappointment is the restaurant - Merretts - we had breakfast included and whilst the choice of food was pretty good, the quality of hot food was pretty sad - you would think that frying a bunch of eggs and bacon would not challenge a restaurant of that size, but the eggs were often almost solidified, hollandaise had no flavour.
We also went to Merretts for dinner and were not impressed either - the food, though seemed to have been prepared well, tasted as if it sat under the heat lamps for a while before it was brought to us. The waitress kept forgestting what we ordered, though it did not bother us. Would have been nice to have a higher quality of food - since they clearly charge the price of a fine dining restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Accommodation by the Sea. All 80 rooms and suites have an individual balcony or porch, most with unobstructed views over Port Stephens. At Anchorage Port Stephens we are large enough to provide you with superb guest facilities but small enough to ensure your stay is intimate and relaxed. Only two and a half hours drive from Sydney,Anchorage Port Stephens is the perfect seaside weekend escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Anchorage Port Stephens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Anchorage Port Stephens Hotel Corlette
- Peppers Anchorage Hotel Port Stephens
- Peppers Anchorage Resort Port Stephens
- Anchorage Port Stephens Corlette