My husband and I spent one night at Anchorage for our Wedding Anniversary. Imagine our surprise upon check-in when we were told that we could not park our boat/trailer on the property, and we would need to put it into storage!! This despite having a phone conversation prior to booking about bringing our boat. So, if you plan on coming to the bay to fish, you had better stay elsewhere or be prepared to pay the additional $55 per night to moor your boat in the marina and leave the car and trailer at the boat ramp overnight. Luckily, the guys at the Marina were great and even invited us to help ourselves to coffee (from a real coffee machine, not the International Roast you get in the room!) or use the BBQ. Given that we had already paid $339 for the room and local food package, we felt ripped off to say the least!
The room itself was adequate though the bathroom was in need of a good clean - yes, I know, they are refurbishing, so I didn't expect anything great. The fact is, this place could be great, it has one of the most fantastic locations, but the standard really needs to be lifted to get it there. Did I mention you only get International Roast coffee in the rooms? I didn't know you could still even buy that stuff. Does anyone ever drink it, or is this another rouse to get customers to have to pay for a coffee?
We did have our Anniversary Dinner at Merretts Restaurant. Again, the meal was adequate but nothing to rave about. Again, I was surprised and disappointed when we were presented with a bill for the meal at the end of the night, despite having "purchased" this in the food package - another grab for a bit of extra money, perhaps? Especially when we saw "food package" written next to our restaurant booking, it's hard to imagine the wait-staff missed this.
Overall, this was a very disappointing stay from the start, we won't be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Accommodation by the Sea. All 80 rooms and suites have an individual balcony or porch, most with unobstructed views over Port Stephens. At Anchorage Port Stephens we are large enough to provide you with superb guest facilities but small enough to ensure your stay is intimate and relaxed. Only two and a half hours drive from Sydney,Anchorage Port Stephens is the perfect seaside weekend escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anchorage Port Stephens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Anchorage Port Stephens Hotel Corlette
- Peppers Anchorage Hotel Port Stephens
- Peppers Anchorage Resort Port Stephens
- Anchorage Port Stephens Corlette