We booked three rooms a couple of months ago for the weekend. Identical room types and rates. On check in, we were given a room that had no outlook other than a view of a half constructed car park with floodlights at night and very little if no natural light. Our friends were given waterfront rooms with full or partial sea views, each in a different block for the same rate.
We checked in late after a long drive and so enquired the next morning whether we could be moved to another room or pay for an upgrade. We were told that there was only one other room available and it was directly below us. We were also informed that "someone has to stay in those rooms". Whilst we appreciate that rooms must be filled we do not agree that a clearly inferior room should be charged at the same rate, nor that when booking multiple rooms that it should not be disclosed at the time of booking to enable guests to upgrade whilst there is availability. We are very disappointed we have not been offered an alternative room prior to guests arriving during the day. Unfortunately this hotel came highly recommended by a friend who is travelling with us and it is a great disappointment to us as well as our friend that the hotel has not been accommodating nor forthcoming in its disclosure of room types at the time of booking in view of the construction works. The hotel needs to decide whether booking to capacity by not disclosing room types outweighs guest experience and potential return visits and recommendations. Any people booking here should request waterfront rooms or risk a disappointing experience in below average accommodation at high prices. One of our guests works in the travel industry and won't be recommending this hotel again based on this experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Accommodation by the Sea. All 80 rooms and suites have an individual balcony or porch, most with unobstructed views over Port Stephens. At Anchorage Port Stephens we are large enough to provide you with superb guest facilities but small enough to ensure your stay is intimate and relaxed. Only two and a half hours drive from Sydney,Anchorage Port Stephens is the perfect seaside weekend escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Booking.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anchorage Port Stephens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Anchorage Port Stephens Hotel Corlette
- Peppers Anchorage Hotel Port Stephens
- Peppers Anchorage Resort Port Stephens
- Anchorage Port Stephens Corlette