“Worst cafe experience ever!”
Review of Litchfield Cafe

Litchfield Cafe
Description: Litchfield Cafe only services coach groups - we are not open to the public. A public Cafe is located 5 km away at Wangi Falls in Litchfield National Park. The minimum hours at Wangi Falls Cafe are 11 am to 2 pm extending on demand by June to Sep to 10 am to 3.30 pm.
Brisbane, Australia
“Worst cafe experience ever!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I went to this cafe way and had the worst experience. I was travelling on a tour with AAT Kings of Litchfield National Park and they brought us to this cafe for lunch. I recall seeing an older man who appeared to be a light skin aboriginal man. He looked as though he was the owner as he was directing other staff members to do things. If you see him, expect a bad experience! I recall there was a buffet selection. All the food looked like it had been sitting out for quite some time and the majority of the food was very dry when eating it. Anyway, I took my plate of food and sat down at a table. A few minutes later, the man who I believe was the owner came over to me with a cloth, placed it next to me and lent in towards me and said 'when you are done, wipe down the table'....I kid you not. This man says this to a paying customer. He then walked away. I was completely taken back by what had just happened. I guess a worker from the cafe must have seen this and came over to me and apologised. I still wasn't sure what was happening until another tour group sat down in the section I was sitting in and I realised my tour was all sitting on the chairs and tables to my left. I can only assume that when I got off the bus and went immediately to the toilet, the owner/staff at this time instructed our tour group to sit in one section. This of course is purely speculation as none of my fellow travellers mentioned anything before or after the incident. Either way when you go to a cafe you should not be spoken to in a disgusting way by a disgusting man. This incident still makes my blood boil. Do yourself the favour and AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank The_Bearcat

Australia
“Location moved - Now at Wangi Falls - old cafe closed”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

4th May 2013 - We drove from Darwin to Litchfield National Park - went to the cafe to find it closed, people at campground gave us directions to the new cafe.
Looks fantastic, in a beautiful location - But be warned - Bring your own food and drinks in an esky.
We ordered lunch - Barramundi & Chips, a Grilled Chicken Burger, 2 Hamburgers and an Egg and Bacon Burger - No change from $80...

then $21.50 for 3 600ml waters and 2 cans of coke.

Service was terrible, the staff had no idea of the prices for anything, had to consult each other and a book, then I had to add up the cost of the drinks.......while they searched for a calculator.....really!!!!

The meals arrived at the table.....no plates, no cuttlery......flimsy cardboard boxes.

No Sauce or Mayo on the Hamburgers, no tartare for the fish, when we questioned this we were given little squeeze containers of condiments - FREE....how about that!.....free sauce for our burgers!

Wifes Grilled Chicken Burger arrives - No Grilled Chicken!!!! instead there is a rock hard deep fried piece of schnitzel that we were actually able to SNAP...it was so hard.

Upon complaining about the Chicken, we were told "Sorry, it's our first day open", they refunded the money for the burger.

I can understand that it may have been the first day open in a new cafe but seriously, at least serve whats on the menu.

This place has the potential to be amazing - trained staff, it's a cafe - get some plates and cutlery, some ice for the drinks perhaps.

I have eaten from food carts that had more class than this place.

Left with a bitter taste in our mouths, literally as well as figuratively.
Will never return. EVER
Worst experience we have ever had anywhere.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Aussie_750
Coffs Harbour, Australia
“Byo”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Not bad sandwiches, really bad coffee, $27 for 2 sandwiches and 2 coffees. Bottom line, be organised and bring your own tucka to the park or pay the price

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Wendy C
Darwin
“Nice setting - shame about the food!!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Yes, very overpriced - agree with Wayne P. $6.50 for a litre of water?? I can get 2 litres of milk for less!!! it's not like it's in the middle of the Great Sandy Desert or anything - only an hour from a capital city! Disgusting. And the meals - oh dear. Hamburger for $17 - wow. No sauce (you have to pay extra for sauce!) and whoever heard of a hot dog without sauce ? Again, extra.
Chips - dry and cold. We were starving, but most of the food was left on the table. $91 for 4 burgers, and a hot dog - we have learnt our lesson. Never again will we go out to Litchfield or anywhere like it without taking our own food.

• Visited September 2012
4 Thank Pin00
Brisbane, Australia
“Best Barramundi!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I had a very tasty meal of Barramundi and chips. Quite possibly the best fish and chips style barra I had whilst in the Territory this trip. The coffee was pretty tasteless. My meal was huge, I had no room to try their mango cheesecake. the cafe has been very well rebuilt since burning down last year. Lovely gardens to sit in to eat our lunch. Not bad at all for its remoteness.

• Visited July 2012