“Not the worst or best place I've stayed”
Review of Drita Hotel

Drita Hotel
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Kargicak
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not the worst or best place I've stayed”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Went at the end of September 2012 for 9 nights, when we arrived we we're a little bit disappointed but when we saw our room we we're quite pleased. There we're 5 of us travelling and the room was quite spacious with a good sea view. The maids came everyday and the standard of cleaning was good. The food was good for the first 3 days but did get a bit repetative, and the selection limited. However my partner, 3 kids and myself never went hungry even if the kids did almost have the same thing every evening. The kids also used to have soup or bread and butter for dsesert as it was all a bit bland. The pool was ok and the slide did keep the kids entertained for the majority of the day but it was not always on. The beach was okay but not really suitable for children. The entertainment was average and the entertainment team we're ok but are a little bit sleezy with all the females.
We didn't mind at first but the hotel was probably 65% German 10% Polish 10% Russian 5% Czech 5% Slovak 5% British, however this may have been because we went later on in the year. When a lot of these people realised you were English they were quite rude but we just got used to it and made sure we were still polite and well mannered and not lowering ourselves to there level. We wouldn't go again but it was definately not the worst holiday I have had and it was priced quite reasonable or we got a good deal for what we got.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Gareth S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We arrived almost at 9pm and even though the guide called to say to wait for us we had to eat the leftovers and the food was really bad, I asked for a room with my mum and ended up zith one bed and a kid bed (2 beds on top of each other). The tv button was too bright and I had to put something over it.The road to get to the hotel is not clearly signed and our bus had trouble finding it as it is outside of the city and the entrance is not at all indicated. They tried to charge the drinks from the dinner twice, on ce at the meal table and once when we checked out. The passport ceremony was pathetic, one had to fill a form and then wait for the staff ot photocopy the passport before getting the room key. When you ar ein a 43 person group it was chaos.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Chantal V
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is an excellent hotel and offers good facilities and entertainmnetfor the whole familiy, The staff are helpful and the service good.I have stayed at this hotel twice and look forward to a visit in 2013.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Harold P
london
Reviewed May 28, 2012

my self and my friend stayed for 7 nights good location excellent service & ficilities very nice & friendly staff rooms were very clean and spacious Excellent Food with lot to choice from buffet 15 km from Alayana town centre only take 30 min by bus outside the hotel only 2.5 TLY that is just under £1 p/p
or if want to take Taxi which is also reasonable about 20 TLY about £8.Hotel has own private enterence to the beach would recommend to All Family, Friends and Couples.

Room Tip: have room facing the sea view ideal but not essential
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank popa_2011
Gosport, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Con's

Long transfer, even when the company get it right it's still 3-4 hours

Location - we usually go for the hotel a little further out of town to avoid the tourist trappings but this was just a little too far. You could go in by bus cheaply but a little too far to walk.

Food - we like a mix of local and international food but there just wasn't enough Turkish food and the international food they had was bland. My partner & i are really easy going on food but in the last few days of our holiday we found ourselves walking the back streets to go to locals restaurants where the food was AMAZING and so cheap you didnt feel bad for buying on top of your all inclusive.

Pro's
Room - clean, tidy, quiet, comfy bed,

Staff - friendly. It's simple make an effort with them and they'll make an effort back. Some need to learn to smile more but they weren't rude.

Drinks - we never had a problem at any bar getting drinks, finding a seat was more of an issue but most nights it was warm enough to sit out in the pool bar area.

Important Note
Due to the location of this hotel you generally be the first picked up and last dropped off for any trips you decide to take. This can be very painful depending or where you go. We did:-

Pamukkale - Pick up at 5am, it was around 10am before we had finished picking everyone up and then a 4 hour drive to the site! Luckily it was a 2 day trip but that was a long time to be sitting on a coach and last drop off meant we were back really late too.

Boat Trip - Went on the 1 day boat trip out on the pirate style boats. It was actually a really nice trip and although it said soft drinks were AI and alcohol was paid for - we didnt end up paying for anything. We used this as our relaxing day and sunbathed, read & swam. Worth it for the money. The 5 mins of foam party was unexpected but we went below deck at that point!

Jeep safari - Great fun, i can imagine much more fun in the main season when its not too cold to swim etc but going up into the Taurus mountains was beautiful & we had a good time.

Markets - We went to both the markets in Alayna and the local one just by the hotel. The one by the hotel is 1/3 of the price they charge in town for the same stuff! If you follow the main street left from the front entrance after about 20 mins straight walk you will see the start of a farmers market on the right (i think by Klas restaurant) If you take that alleyway and continue along the farmers bit you will come out into the clothes/jewellry/etc.

All in all the holiday was good, i dont think we'd return as we feel we have seen the area now but for the £300 AI deal i' really not going to complain!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Little-Red-Kate
england
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I arrived with my very tired husband and children looking for a bed! I was greeted by a receptionist who informed me the room that had been booked only had 3 beds (there were 5 of us travelling). I was told that for a room with 5 beds I would have to pay an extra £100. I reluctantly did so as my children were very tired. The next day I questioned this with the reception manager who told me the charge was correct. It took me a further 6 days to get a receipt for the money paid. I contacted my travel agent both whilst there and on arrival home (A1 Travel) and after a long wait the hotels reply is that they realised their mistake and gave me my money back. This is a total lie and proves that they were just ripping me off.

Also for an all inclusive hotel, they held a beach party with a fire show on the beach. What they failed to tell you until you got there was that the beach bar (which serves AI drinks all day long, then charges for drinks!!!)

Long bar and restaurant ques, always running out of glasses, rude staff.

I Would DEFF NOT return!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank 10245
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Only down sides to a real good holiday were the lack of food we liked. Weather that was because we were picky or not is debatable. It's was still manageable to have a meal although ay times it was just something and chips. After a very long transfers from the airport, we arrived and everything was amazing. Room was spotless. Staff helpful. People friendly. Weather amazing. Real value for money. Would definitely go back. Room was very clean and air con was brilliant. Trips into thw town were two and a half liyra each . Thats about 90 pence. Beech was a bit weird as it was more stoney than sandy.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank peteie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kargicak
Dinler Hotels - Alanya
#44 of 63 in Konakli
My Home Resort Hotel
My Home Resort Hotel
#7 of 27 in Avsallar

Been to Drita Hotel? Share your experiences!