“STAY AT HOTEL DRITA”

Drita Hotel
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Kargicak
“STAY AT HOTEL DRITA”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is an excellent hotel and offers good facilities and entertainmnetfor the whole familiy, The staff are helpful and the service good.I have stayed at this hotel twice and look forward to a visit in 2013.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Harold P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
london
Reviewed May 28, 2012

my self and my friend stayed for 7 nights good location excellent service & ficilities very nice & friendly staff rooms were very clean and spacious Excellent Food with lot to choice from buffet 15 km from Alayana town centre only take 30 min by bus outside the hotel only 2.5 TLY that is just under £1 p/p
or if want to take Taxi which is also reasonable about 20 TLY about £8.Hotel has own private enterence to the beach would recommend to All Family, Friends and Couples.

Room Tip: have room facing the sea view ideal but not essential
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank popa_2011
Gosport, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Con's

Long transfer, even when the company get it right it's still 3-4 hours

Location - we usually go for the hotel a little further out of town to avoid the tourist trappings but this was just a little too far. You could go in by bus cheaply but a little too far to walk.

Food - we like a mix of local and international food but there just wasn't enough Turkish food and the international food they had was bland. My partner & i are really easy going on food but in the last few days of our holiday we found ourselves walking the back streets to go to locals restaurants where the food was AMAZING and so cheap you didnt feel bad for buying on top of your all inclusive.

Pro's
Room - clean, tidy, quiet, comfy bed,

Staff - friendly. It's simple make an effort with them and they'll make an effort back. Some need to learn to smile more but they weren't rude.

Drinks - we never had a problem at any bar getting drinks, finding a seat was more of an issue but most nights it was warm enough to sit out in the pool bar area.

Important Note
Due to the location of this hotel you generally be the first picked up and last dropped off for any trips you decide to take. This can be very painful depending or where you go. We did:-

Pamukkale - Pick up at 5am, it was around 10am before we had finished picking everyone up and then a 4 hour drive to the site! Luckily it was a 2 day trip but that was a long time to be sitting on a coach and last drop off meant we were back really late too.

Boat Trip - Went on the 1 day boat trip out on the pirate style boats. It was actually a really nice trip and although it said soft drinks were AI and alcohol was paid for - we didnt end up paying for anything. We used this as our relaxing day and sunbathed, read & swam. Worth it for the money. The 5 mins of foam party was unexpected but we went below deck at that point!

Jeep safari - Great fun, i can imagine much more fun in the main season when its not too cold to swim etc but going up into the Taurus mountains was beautiful & we had a good time.

Markets - We went to both the markets in Alayna and the local one just by the hotel. The one by the hotel is 1/3 of the price they charge in town for the same stuff! If you follow the main street left from the front entrance after about 20 mins straight walk you will see the start of a farmers market on the right (i think by Klas restaurant) If you take that alleyway and continue along the farmers bit you will come out into the clothes/jewellry/etc.

All in all the holiday was good, i dont think we'd return as we feel we have seen the area now but for the £300 AI deal i' really not going to complain!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Little-Red-Kate
england
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I arrived with my very tired husband and children looking for a bed! I was greeted by a receptionist who informed me the room that had been booked only had 3 beds (there were 5 of us travelling). I was told that for a room with 5 beds I would have to pay an extra £100. I reluctantly did so as my children were very tired. The next day I questioned this with the reception manager who told me the charge was correct. It took me a further 6 days to get a receipt for the money paid. I contacted my travel agent both whilst there and on arrival home (A1 Travel) and after a long wait the hotels reply is that they realised their mistake and gave me my money back. This is a total lie and proves that they were just ripping me off.

Also for an all inclusive hotel, they held a beach party with a fire show on the beach. What they failed to tell you until you got there was that the beach bar (which serves AI drinks all day long, then charges for drinks!!!)

Long bar and restaurant ques, always running out of glasses, rude staff.

I Would DEFF NOT return!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank 10245
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Only down sides to a real good holiday were the lack of food we liked. Weather that was because we were picky or not is debatable. It's was still manageable to have a meal although ay times it was just something and chips. After a very long transfers from the airport, we arrived and everything was amazing. Room was spotless. Staff helpful. People friendly. Weather amazing. Real value for money. Would definitely go back. Room was very clean and air con was brilliant. Trips into thw town were two and a half liyra each . Thats about 90 pence. Beech was a bit weird as it was more stoney than sandy.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank peteie
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2011

i have just come back from the drita was a very gud hotel good facilities only problem was the food which wasn't much choice but there was always something so your not going to go hungry. would go back

Room Tip: have the turkish bath that is offered in the hotel brilliant and so relaxing and also the dolphin sh...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank magshaz
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Antalya was exactly the kind of place we were looking for to spend our holiday in, not too comercial and a perfect location with a beach less than 5 minutes away. After a 4 hour flight followed by a 4 hour transfer, we arrived at Drita at 8.00am local time. We couldn't check in, so we were sent to the restaurant for breakfast, and to sit in the pool area, until our room could be made available. Around 12, my dad was told that we could have one room on the 2nd floor and one on the 4th, or a family room. Me and my sister are 19 and 20, so sharing a room with my parents wasn't ideal. However, we had come as a family, so it was expected that our rooms would be next to each other, or at least on the same floor, for both convienience and our own safety. We went with the family room, and didn't even get the sea view that we specifically requested on booking the holiday. The staff there were not helpful, and to add to that, they didn't understand a word of english. .Although we knew that this area of Turkey didnt have a lot of English holidaymakers, we would at least expected a certain level of communication between ourselves and the staff. The hotel itself was lovely, had a very nice pool area, and private beach where we spent most of our time. We booked all-inclusive, under the impression that it would be exactly that. We came to find a lot of hidden costs such as booking a tennis court or even to have orange juice at breakfast! As well as this, at the bar, their "all-inclusive" drinks included just cheap wine, vodka, gin and soft drinks. Anything that was not their local drinks, was not included. Food in general was nice, and there was plenty of variety, except for breakfast, where the same food was offered up day after day, and recycled food was served up in a different meal. The entertainement staff were very energetic, but quite annoying. They were extremely active with young children, but were constantly disturbing us with requests to come and join them in their activities. They were excessively tactile and made both me and my sister feel uncomfortable or more than one occasion, often asking us to join them to go in to the main city Alanya for clubbing. For non-smokers, this hotel is terrible. There were no smoking and non-smoking areas, and you would often find people smoking in your face, especially the entertainment staff, who I thought were very rude for doing so, especially when seeing we had a problem, and continuing to smoke into my face. The shows in the evening, were mainly aimed at the children, with discos and childrens games, so I wasnt very impressed with that either. The manager of the hotel, was in my opinion the rudest and most inconsiderate man I have ever met. Given that our room was not ready on the first day, and we had booked for 7 nights, our assumption was that we had until the monday night to vacate just before our flight on tuesday, and even then we would be vacating early. On monday, he found me and my family on the beach, told us we has overstayed and said we had 10 minutes to pack and leave. He embarassed us, and made us feel we had done something wrong, when in fact we were entitled to stay until tuesday, which is what we had payed for. He did not let us even shower after being on the beach, and we had to wait from 2 until 10 in the hotel lobby, waiting for our transfer. He did not accomodate us in any way, he was shouting at my dad, and had a very threatening attitude towards him, and did not even listen to what we were saying. Hotel drita, is very clean, well looked after, and in a lovely location. However, if you are an English holiday maker, you should be prepared for a large language barrier between the staff at the hotel, and for any extra costs you may come to find. I would definetly recommend this area of Turkey, but unfortunetly Hotel Drita did not live up to my expectations, and I would not recommend it, or go there again,

Room Tip: If travelling as a family, request to be together, and if you want a sea-view you have to request on...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Seeb U
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kargicak
Dinler Hotels - Alanya
#3 of 13 in Kargicak
Utopia World Hotel
Utopia World Hotel
#2 of 13 in Kargicak

Been to Drita Hotel? Share your experiences!