My wife and I attended her nephew's wedding here on the first weekend in September. The thermal springs beneath the hotel grounds, tucked up against the mountains in the southwestern corner of Izmir, create the ideal place for a spa. The hotel comprises outdoor and indoor thermal pools and a full Turkish hammam (baths) indoors. In addition, it has a large outdoor swimming pool and very comfortable patio and balcony areas overlooking that pool.
The rooms are very comfortable and the service is excellent. The staff is efficient and friendly; the front desk staff spoke excellent English and tolerated my halting Turkish with generosity. The maid staff is responsive and professional. When I requested an ironing board and iron in order to press my shirt and suit an hour before the wedding the front desk told me that all their irons were occupied. Instead, they sent someone to my room to pick up the clothing; he returned within 15 minutes with everything pressed at no charge.
The event management staff seems quite good, too. The wedding (in the adjacent wedding hall building) was well-executed; the dinner outside on the hotel grounds was, too. It was a lovely evening with a full moon and the hotel met our needs perfectly. If staying in Izmir I'd go out of my way to stay here again. It's away from the crowds and the crowded city precincts on spacious grounds tucked against the mountains. It's also only 10 minutes from the O-30 motorway that circles Izmir and the O-32 that runs from the city west to Çeşme. We were staying in Çeşme the preceding week and found it very easy to get form the motorway to the hotel. Likewise, it is very convenient to the airport (which is just south of the city), which was only a 20-minute drive.
We had no complaints. The Kaya Izmir is a wonderful spa and hotel; we have fond memories of a stay that lasted only 24 hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kaya hotel features thermal and spa facilities of the region, indoor and outdoor pools and a well-equipped gym .The air-conditioned guest rooms of the Kaya Izmir Thermal & Spa offer contemporary furnishings with flat-screen satellite TV. They all include a seating area and a work desk.A selection of Turkish and international specialties is served at the restaurant of the hotel. Guests can also benefit from an attentive room service.With a jacuzzi, a traditional hammam, sauna and massage facilities, the extensive spa provides an array of facial and body treatments.Kaya Izmir is a 17-minute drive from both the Adnan Menderes International Airport and the Basmane Train Station. Free private parking is available on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Kaya Izmir Thermal & Convention reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kaya Izmir Thermal And Convention
- Kaya Izmir Thermal Hotel Narlidere
- Kaya Izmir Thermal & Convention Izmir Province, Turkey