Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews water slides all inclusive hotel main building an upgrade families with small children nice family hotel non smokers nice beach crepes beach bar on a daily basis snacks and drinks multiple choices the food is great pools grecotel marron
Selected filters
Reviewed August 11, 2020 via mobile

This specific resort does not give justice to the Grecotel name of resorts acrossGreece.

This was not a five star hotel I would call it just bearing four stars mainly of a very poor quality of the food and the rooms in the main building. We have stayed at other Grecotel resorts And this specific one does not match the standards of the name. Due to the Covid situation we went for a all inclusive family package which ended up being a waste of money since everything we ate was absolutely disgusting. We must however recognize the fabulous work that the staff around the restaurants around the pools and the life saving team did as they seem very well trained and very hospitable and in fact did live up to the Grecotel name. If this specific Grecotel Casa Maron hotel does not show pop it should ship out. The rooms were very badly maintained and not clean at all we found cobwebs in the balcony and it seems that they use the same wash cloth to clean all the surfaces from the bathroom the toilet through to the doors and walls. The doorhandles were Sticky !!!!!! Absolutely disgusting!!!!! Overcharged prices!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank bgbegiann
Reviewed August 10, 2020 via mobile

Kalimera!!
I had a lovely stay at The Grecotel casa marron.
First and foremost; thank you so much to Eleftheria and her colleagues on the front desk who were extremely accommodating to my annoying charger needs (my Samsung charger wasn't working and they kindly allowed me to use the only one they had for their guest check in tablet on a daily basis, sometimes twice a day) I am so grateful!

Positives:
Friendly, helpful and accommodating staff.

Excellent systems in place for covid; luggage disinfected, sunbeds disinfected, staff wore masks at all times in the heat. I felt safe at all times. Safer than the UK!

Food - excellent food, never a day when I couldn't find anything I loved, delicious salads and food was served by staff thus more hygienic. Thank you to the lovely tall female chef! Snacks available throughout the day too.

Very clean - room spotless and shared toilets by the beach etc regularly cleaned and spotless!

Safe - I often left my valuables by my sun bed without any concerns.

Beach - huge beautiful private beach up front with a beach bar. Bring sea shoes because there is a section of pebbles to tackle before getting to the sand in the sea.

Drinks - plentiful water and top shelf alcohol and even had almond milk for lactose intolerants. A slight shame about the length of the Q's at times (drinks is self service even at dinner except for bottles of water and wine at dinner which are brought round by the waiters and waitresses)

Negatives:
Remote - so you'll need a car if you want to get around.

Smoking - no specifically designated smoking areas. As a non smoker, I found it extremely difficult to be eating my breakfast or dinner or chilling on a sun bed to be met with my "neighbour" casually smoking next to me with zero regards for non smokers.

Sun bed reservations - as the resort got busier, it got harder to get a decent sun bed due to people "reserving" them with towels and not turning up for 4 hours - not cool!

For couples or solo travellers, be aware this is an extremely family friendly hotel, so there are children everywhere!! I wasn't too bothered, but if you don't like kids, this is NOT the place for you.

Overall, I had a lovely relaxing stay. In my honest opinion, The Grecotel Casa Marron easily has the potential to be a 5* hotel, but a few things like the blue sunbeds, lack of designated smoking areas and perhaps one adult only pool, long queues by the crepes counter/ some bars and small attention to detail by some of the waiting staff prevent this. I do however think amidst the current pandemic situation, they all did extremely well.
See you all next year with the large family in tow this time

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ioannis avdelas, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Grecotel Casa Marron, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2020

Dear Guest, Kalimera.

Thank you for choosing Grecotel Casa Marron for your vacations and the time to share your kind words with us.
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. Your good-will review is under serious consideration as we always do our best, to provide you high level of Greek hospitality.

We will be glad to welcome you again.

Sincerely yours

Reviewed August 3, 2020

We spent 5 nights in this hotel end of July 2020, in a Casa Grande room which was nice setup if you have kids as it has to separate sleeping areas.

The reception staff was very helpful for check in disinfected our bags and helped us to our room in a golf car. Nice Beach with plenty of sunbeds and the kids loved the pools especially the one with the water slides. although the place seemed to have many guests it never felt busy.

Food for Lunch and Dinner there was various choices to accommodate all tastes, breakfast after the second day it gets a bit boring as it is the same everyday.

There is access to snacks and drinks all day and the staff really work hard to accommodate requests and we were feeling for them working in the heat for over 12 hours.

overall very nice experience and would recommend the place

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank ElGenral
ioannis avdelas, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Grecotel Casa Marron, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2020

Dear Guest, Kalimera.
Thank you for choosing Grecotel Casa Marron for your family vacations and the time to share your kind words with us.
We will be glad to welcome you again.
Sincerely yours

Reviewed July 18, 2020

Loved this place. My first time in Greece and so glad we choose for that hotel.
1. The hotel was just a 30 minutes drive from the airport.

2. The precautions the hotel took for ours and the staff's safety with the pandemic is great (they even desinfected all the luggage before bringing it to my room).

3. The room is great. I got an upgrade (thanks for that!) and it was clean, the bed is great en there is a balcony with a great view (even if it's a room with no seaside, still great!).

4. The food is great. A lot of choice. If you are a picky eater like me you'll love this place. There always something you like. Also great managing with the pandemic going on.

5. The beach... I loved it. Clean, clear water. Not too crowded, always clean towels and desinfected chairs.

6. Pools. They looked great. I have to say I didn't try them because why the pool of you have an amazing beach but it really looked great.

7. The staff is amazing. Very friendly, and not the 'I'm-friendly-because-I'm-paid-for-this' but sencere.
Most of the staff know multiple languages.
If you want to leave the hotel to visit places they are very helpful and give you multiple choices off getting to the place you want in varieties of price range.
Also you can ask them for advise on where to go. They tell you where the best places are and even show you little beautiful places (thanks for that by the way!).
Also a city nearby if you want to party ( also advise from the staff, also thank you very much!), great music to dance to there!

It was an amazing experience and I'll defenitly will go back there!

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank annamariak307
ioannis avdelas, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Grecotel Casa Marron, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2020

Dear Annamaria, good afternoon.
Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a detailed review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you really enjoyed your summer vacations here. It is so true that our staff always does its best for your service.
We do hope to welcome you once again back to Grecotel Casa Marron in 2020 or 2021 and give us the opportunity to host you for one more time.
Thank you again. We wish you all the best for the coming winter.
Kind regards

Reviewed September 27, 2019

The place has transformed over the past couple of years. I was there in 2017 and it was a disaster! However, a friend proposed to give it another shot and it was excellent, total transformation, not only on the facilities, but also on the service, which is tougher to achieve. It was overall a great experience.

Spacious rooms compared to other similar resorts
Great food, quantity and quality
Service was excellent from everybody in the resort
It is a compact resort compared to others, making easier for families with younger kids
Waterslides are great for the kids

I would highly recommend it!

Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank petand
Grecotel_Casa_Marron, Διευθυντής at Grecotel Casa Marron, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2019

Dear Guest, Good Morning.

Thank you for choosing Grecotel Casa Marron for your vacation and for writing your review of your recent stay.
Your kind words about our colleagues are most welcomed, as they always do their best for your service and truly give us the strength to carry on providing you with high standards of service.
Looking forward to welcoming you again!

Warm regards