TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
3,017 results
All reviews main restaurant half board beach bar sea view main pool kids club mini bar family room large hotel aquila rithymna themed nights waiter service guest relations evening entertainment all inclusive package bbq night plenty of sunbeds
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We are currently staying in a ground floor Family Room with sea view. The room itself is great, everything is clean and has all the facilities you need and more touches such as bathrobes and beach towels.

We really appreciate having sliding doors to separate off the master bed as it allows our 18 month old to nap in peace. It’s a feature that’s hard to find for some reason.

There are plenty of pools to choose from and the room really does open out onto the beach which is wonderful. We haven’t struggled to find sunbeds together yet.

The staff here are fantastic and have really looked after us in the short time we’ve been here so far. The entire hotel is absolutely spotless and staff seem to take a lot of pride in their work.

The food in the buffet covers a wide range and everything we’ve had has been of good quality. Plenty of choice of tables with both indoor and outdoor seating available.

I felt compelled to write this review following some slightly negative reviews by others. I have to say, I can’t recognise any of the other user comments myself. It’s a great hotel and we’re all very much enjoying our stay!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Adammorgs
General M, General Manager at Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful review whilst you are still in residence with us.

We are delighted that you are enjoying your holiday with us and that you are happy with your allocated room as it allows your child to sleep in a quiet room whilst you are still able to enjoy the scenery.

Our number one aim is to provide each and every one of our valued guests with first class customer service and therefore I am extremely pleased to read that you are appreciative of the service received. Your comments in this respect will be shared with my entire team.

We work hard to ensure that we have a wide and varied food choice available as we are fully aware that food taste is a personal opinion. In view of this we like to have as much variance and choice available and I am pleased that you are enjoying your dining experiences with us.

It was our great pleasure to host you and we sincerely hope that you enjoy the remainder of your stay with us and that you consider choosing us for your future holidays.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!! I don't know were to start, when we arrived the hotel is definitely not 5* more 2-3 star max! Stingy old elevator's, when you get upto your room the cards don't work, they made out we was stupid when we went back down to complain about this after our long travel and arriving at nearly 12am,when you open the door to the room the stench of mould is so bad, like they have just tried to paint over everything and not do proper renovations, the beds are just single so you cant actually cuddle as a couple as 1 of you ends up falling down the middle of the bed.

THEN THE DISCRIMINATION STARTS: We go for dinner and this was not advertised on the TUI website when booking that men have to wear trousers to dinner, women can wear whatever and have their arse hanging out with shorts/ short skirts and short dresses, we argued this on the first night and brought it up with TUI too, my other half didnt bring trousers, then they went and got him some trousers, we laughed and told them no way and it's a joke that they only discriminate against men, then there was teenagers 15/16 wearing shorts, taller then my other half and his nearly 6 foot, so now you discriminate against age too. Rubbish service, €4.50 for a bottle of water, take a walk to the supermarket a few mins walk away and get it for €0.40 max!! The hotel just rip you off and we will not be staying again and will get our views out their across all social media platforms.

So now we have brought some trousers as we paid for it!! Feeling like a child being told what we can and can't wear on holiday, the food is disgusting, same crap every night, doesn't taste great either, I have even had to spit food out as it was that rancid, definitely not what you expect for 5 star! The hotel should really review there policies as we had so many talking about the unfair discrimination of 'MEN', how disgusting the rooms are, how small the rooms are, disgusting staff attitudes. We are glad to be going home tomorrow.

PLEASE READ THE REVIEWS ON THIS HOTEL BEFORE BOOKING.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karina F

Dear Guest,

We are sorry that you experienced problems with every single aspect of your stay in our hotel and none of the services provided met your first class requirements.

We wish you that your next visit to a 5 stars hotel fulfills all your expectations.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My mum and I have just got back from a week's stay at the Aquila. To summarize our experience:

- hotel is very big, took us a while to get our bearings but it means it doesn't feel overcrowded.
- the main pool is lovely, perfect temperatures and a shallower area for non swimmers. Bar staff come around frequently so you can order drinks from your loungers. Sunloungers are very comfy however you do need to get there early to get one.
- main bar is usually busy often with live music until 10ish followed by music until 12. This was very loud from our room (we stayed in 119 which was directly above the bar).
- they run a full programme of activities including aquagym in the main pool, looked like fun although we didn't take part.
- the food is lovely, lots of variety and lovely fresh salads and fruit. Puddings are wonderful!
- they have a theme night every night, if you are all inclusive you can book 2 of these, we did the Cretian night and BBQ. Both were fab, entertainment was nice and food was wonderful.
- the sea is gorgeous! The first few days red flags were up due to high winds and choppy waves so unsafe for swimming. But once it had settled and open for swimming, it was truly lovely. Very salty so you could enjoy floating around. We took swimming shoes with us which were great as there are lots of stones and rocks so walking without them is really hard

The only negative, and it was a really big one for us, was the beds. We found them way too hard and too uncomfortable to sleep through the night, we woke up every morning with aches and pains and not rested. The hotel staff tried to improve with mattress toppers but unfortunately no improvement. We changed rooms for the last 2 nights. The beds in this room had better mattress toppers (the previous ones were too narrow for our beds) and made a slight difference but not much and not enough to stop us waking up every hour. This ruined the holiday for us unfortunately and so we won't be coming back.

Trip type: Traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your stay at the Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel.

I am pleased to know that there were aspects of our hotel which you enjoyed, however I am sorry to read that problems with the beds mean you did not enjoy your first days at our hotel.

We would like to bring to your attention that our mattresses are new and certified and we have no complaints from other guests about them. Nevertheless, I am sorry that our attempts to provide a solution were unsuccessful. It is our main priority to please all customers’ needs and to make sure that all guests have a comfortable stay.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback and I hope your decision will change and you may consider a return visit in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived v late at 2am and we’re met with drinks and smiles. Beautiful room with double balcony. Bit of an issue with next door snoring and talking v loudly on their balcony - not the hotels fault- but dealt with and new room sorted swiftly.
Anniversary saw an amazing cake and card in our room which made it extra special.
The food has been exceptionally good, theme nights excellent. The staff make it though and have gone out of their way to make this a great ten days.
We are just packing to leave tomorrow but will definitely be back to stay with friends next time.
Thank you for a perfect holiday.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank HertfordshireMarmi

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your excellent review.

I was delighted to learn that your holiday with us was a truly memorable one and that we exceeded your expectations. It is always so wonderful to receive such a positive personal recommendation. Your praise has been shared with the whole of my team.

I note that you also celebrated your Anniversary whilst staying with us and on behalf of the whole of my team we would like to say Congratulations!

I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of your company again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have just got back from a week's trip to Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel with my family. From the first second we arrived, we felt very relaxed and completely looked after. The hotel was beautiful, the staff are so friendly and go out of their way to make you feel at home. The food is all very high quality and probably the best hotel food I've ever had. A special mention must go to the Animation Team, you can tell that as a group, they work very hard all day. The activities and fitness classes they run are both serious but very very enjoyable. Away from the classes and activities, the animation team are all lovely people and make an effort to get to know you as people, they are brilliant with children also. They deserve a lot of credit for working very hard and long hours in the heat. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a relaxing, beautiful, paradise holiday.

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful review.

We are delighted that you felt so at home in our hotel and that you thoroughly enjoyed your holiday. My team will be delighted to know that they exceeded your expectations in every way and I am sure they would wish for me to thank you personally for your kind comments on their behalf.

It was our great pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.