“Great Hotel & price”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Adelianos Kampos
guernsey
“Great Hotel & price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 9 nights wish it was longer Sarantos and all the staff were great always there to help the food was very good. The hotel is 3 star but we found the service 5 star and Sarantos says they are 3 star hotel but some people want to pay 3 star prices for a 5 star hotel. As for the comment about no wifi we had no problems with there wifi.Will go back again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Ashkelon, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We two couples booked via Internet at Adele (Aah-de-le) Beach Hotel Bungalows for a six-nighter, and came up with ambivalent though generally positive views of this definitely 3-star establishment: the set-back, verdant location in the center of the commercial strip of Adelianos Kombos, on the outskirts of the lovely small town of Rethimnon, is ideal for those who favor a quiet, conservative vacation, tempered by numerous tavernas, cafes, reasonable shopping and proximity to both beach and tourist attractions - in fact, one steps off the hotel patio, dominated by the well-maintained and spotless pool-area, directly onto a groomed beach fronting the blue Med! Very convenient indeed...
The accommodation, comprising seven six-unit structures, while clean and well-serviced, is fairly basic and could be tweaked - lack of hot water on demand, poor plumbing and inoperative safety-lighting cannot be excused, despite the instant responses on the part of the family management team, especially hotel manageress Katerina and desk manager Christina, who shone like stars through a cloudy night-sky, and ensured that our stay would be a happy one.
The hotel is not kid-friendly, with no apparent child-facilities such as shallow pool, playground or kid-catering, although baby-sitting services may be requested.
In-house Internet/Wi-Fi is surprisingly non-existent, despite appearing on the hotel's web-site -- in this day and age, we regarded this ommission to be a definite no-no. One can, however, remedy this short-coming by crossing the road to the El Greco Cafe, where a friendly reception and facilities are constantly on tap. Basic personal necessities are conveniently available at the minimarket/gift-shop adjacent to the reception building - the woefully inadequate "shopping corner" on-site is due, propitiously, to receive a make-over into an Internet cafe, in the near future.
In-house entertainment is limited to once bi-weekly, so if your dates are out of whack - no entertainment! (Lots of local alternatives on the strip) We were booked for half-board, so were only exposed to the somewhat boring, limited but fairly tasty breakfast and dinner buffet menus, but dining al fresco with an un-trammelled view over the Med was fun, presided over by Iris, the super-efficient catering manager. Here too, no excuse for emptied bowls of salads, which needed to be replenished by the staff, before strident reminders from the hungry guests!
In conclusion, adjusting one's expectations to the inevitable inflated summer-seasonal rates, Adele Beach Hotel Bungalows offers a quiet, attractive get-away for the young and not-so-young adult who is not drawn by a Blackpool style hustle and can settle for less than luxury in a well-situated, no-frills 3-star semi-hotel establishment.

Room Tip: A/C is not standard; request the 'superior' room if this is your preference - you will also...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank eilonglen
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

This is the first time I have been compelled to write a review.....and am so pleased to say its very much in favour of the Adele Beach Hotel and bungalows. I booked my trip about 10 days before departure and having spent 2 days researching - I booked via Travel Republic for a 10 night holiday...the only hotel/accomodation I could find which was located directly on the beach - and was available for 10 days (not 7 or 14)..was a property called - Hotel Katherina Beach. However, when I arrived - I was told that they didnt have me down on their list!!!! Much to my disappointment having done all the research. Anyway...I was happily given a temporary room until the morning. When I woke up - I was delighted to be in such a beautiful resort - fabulous weather, blue skies and on the beach....just a little anxious now as to where I might be transferred to. I had nothing to worry about as was moved just a few doors down to Adele Beach Hotel. My request had been for a sea view - seeing as I was travelling alone and didnt expect to be wandering around the tavernas at night.
I was indeed given a superior room- which in my view was the best of the lot. I was absolutely thrilled. The hotel and staff are exellent, going half board is fine for breakfast and you have the option if you want to eat there in the eve and then go onto the 'strip' to walk it off and have a drink or just browse the shops. The hotel is directly on the beach as you can see from photos, set back from the main street - so not affected by any noise...and in Sept its relatively low key without being deathly quiet. You have choices. The bar at the hotel is fantastic - and very well managed by Sarantos. He is fabulous guy, versatile, articulate, very funny and fluent in many languages and keeps the guests entertained - just making their holiday experience - that bit more special. A fun guy - who puts lots of effort into his work.
The rest of the staff are excellent - professional and helpful. You really will be made to feel special - no matter where you come from. I happened to be the only Brit staying during the time I was there. But everyone speaks some English- and they really appreciate it if you try to speak some basic Greek.
Perfect - location, bus to Rethymno (10 mins) and Panorma (beautiful fishing village - 25 mins bus ride in opposite direction) - both worth a visit or 2 during your stay.
I hesitated about writting this review - because I dont want everyone to know about it. I'll be going again next year - when you find somewhere you really enjoy - why look for something else. Enjoy your holiday.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank JillyK67
gdansk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2010

The hotel and the food were very, very basic. The room was clean. There was, thank God, no animation. Actually I shouldn`t complain at all as it was incredibly cheap. I should also mention that the staff was extremely polite and helpful.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
5 Thank dorisfloris
Yorkshire, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2008

We visited Crete as a family Sept/Oct this year. The hotel, although dated and a bit 'dog-eared' was spotlessly clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. We were the only British travellers staying there, the remainder of guests being mostly German and Russian with a few other nationalities thrown in.
The food was appalling and the serving staff either couldn't or wouldn't converse in English...lots of smiles & laughter with other guests but surly when attending us. We stayed half board, had we known B & B would have been a better option as we chose to eat out several times and there are plenty of bars offering good food nearby. Breakfast was always the same, cold eggs (either fried or scrambled) cocktail sausages and a mix of odd left over veg from the night before. Evening meal consisted of an odd arrangement of assorted bones (very little meat) odd fish and a mix of veg. Not very appetizing to say the least.
The hotel was just too far to walk into Rethymnon but taxis were cheap(ish) and busses regular.
All in all a nice, clean hotel with pleasant hotel staff, just too far out of town & let down by a poor restaurant and unpleasant staff.

• Liked — Clean & friendly
  • Disliked — meals
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank yorkshireman955
north west (the best)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2008

I stayed at the Adele Beach for the 2nd time in May this year. I had really enjoyed the beach side location, great pool and relaxing atmosphere in the October before.
This time my room was awful, right next to the kitchen with the noise of the fans and equipment going all night. I am usually a good sleeper but I was unable to block this noise out even with wax earplugs.
I had emailed the hotel twice to discuss uprgading my room before arrival, neither emails were answered.
As is pretty common I had a late flight back. There were no showering facilities for guests that had checked out, I was told at reception to use the shower on the beach, this wasn't appropriate for me as I had been walking for a few hours and needed privacy and a lot of soap!
Sorry to say I would not stay here again given the hotel's lack of response to my emails and poor customer care.

• Liked — location and gardens
  • Disliked — poor room and lack of showering facilities on last day
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank spotlightkid

Travelers are raving about these Adelianos Kampos hotels

Wavre, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2008

We stayed ther 10 days begining of June. We booked it last minute, and wanted a place that felt more like a small hotel, without animation or anything like this. With regards to this, we were not disapointed, but our room was not a superior... And I think that was our biggest mistake! The rooms were looking like they came from the 80's, they really need a renovation!!! And the bathroom was very very basic, with just a small shower with a curtain that sticks on your wet skin! The rest of the hotel was really nice, beautiful gardens and great pool. The downside was the sunbed charge! 7.5€ per day!!! A shame!!! Staff really nice & friendly, good family food.

This hotel is definitely too expensive for what they offer, a pity cause with few efforts, it would be great!

• Liked — the pool
  • Disliked — the rooms
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
#2 of 20 in Platanias
Rethymno Palace
Rethymno Palace
#2 of 14 in Adelianos Kampos

Been to Adele Beach Hotel Bungalows? Share your experiences!