“1st time in Crete”
Review of Solimar Dias Hotel

Solimar Dias Hotel
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Adelianos Kampos
Reviewed October 7, 2013

It was our 1st visit to both Crete and this hotel overall very good ,the staff in particular were very friendly and helpful. Food was good but was a tad repetitive particularly in week 2. Biggest complaint we have is the terrible lack of storage space 2 tiny drawers and a wardrobe with 8 or so hangers. The toilets around the pool did sometimes need more attention not the best. However for the price we paid good value for money and we would recommend this hotel. There did seem to be a lot of Russians in the hotel but they didn't cause any problems to us.

Room Tip: pay that bit extra for a superior room however the rooms over the dining area have a beautiful sea v...
4  Thank bill b
There are newer reviews for Solimar Dias Hotel

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Well, we were back again this year and still can not find fault with either the hotel, food or staff! The manager left 2 glasses and a nice bottle of red wine in our room along with a lovely welcome back note. All the staff treated us like long lost relatives. My wife was really over come with emotion when Anna-Marie and Despoina chipped in to buy her a lovely bracelet and necklace. Our thanks to ALL the staff, to receptionists Christina and Caterina, the restaurant staff Anna-Marie, Despoina, Yanis, Maria and Ava, barman George, Costas the chef and Panos the manager, also the cleaning staff for the welcome we were given yet again. The only down side was the number of Russians who seem to be everywhere, not only in Crete but everywhere in the world these days! Needless to say we shall be back again next year.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel (above the dining area) have great sea views.
12  Thank N_IrelandSilverfox
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was very disappointed with hotel, definately not a 4* hotel more like 2*.

Swimming pool - do not take the photos of the pool seriously, it is definately not as big as it looks, deck chairs were all taken within minutes at breakfast.
The pool side toilet were filthy!

Accomodation- Satellite channels were a joke, even though you dont go to watch tv on holiday there was only english channel available, bbc news!
· Tea & Coffee making facilities - was never refilled daily with coffee, tea and milk, had to ring reception to get more, which the reply was there is noone to bring it to your room, and we had to request the cleaners to bring it.
The cups were cleaned in the bathroom with no washing up liquid just water!!
· Bath robes were never replaced when dirty.
• Dispenser with Hand soap- were never refilled the entire stay
• Internet Connection - was not strong in all the room
• the floor were never sweeped the entire stay, bathroom were NEVER cleaned, only clean towels were given.

Eating And Drinking
The food was of very poor quality!!! I have never stayed in a hotel with such bad food! There was only one item daily for vegetarians apart from chips.
They advertise two bars however only one bar was ever open!
The snack bar was a joke!! They served chicken nuggest, cold pizza and stale sandwiches, definately a childrens buffet!

• I have never been to a place were the staff were so unhelpful, with a manager that is to busy to see people! And when he actually saw someone he had the worst attiude as if he was doing us a favour by letting us stay here!!

I would strongly recommend that you DO NOT book at this hotel. It is not worth the money!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank Msb12345
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Summary: Cockroach, faulty AC, cold food, small pool

Stayed here 11Sep-18Sep 2013. On arrival (wed night) we were greeted by a COCKROACH as my friends and I ate our cold dinner. When we complained that there was a cockroach near the buffet, we were told to continue eating as there is nothing they can do about it.

When we were shown our room (200) we were initially happy at the size of it. However this moment of happiness was short-lived the second we turned the AC on. It sounded like a motorbike (just picture sleeping next to a revving engine all night). The next morning we complained however we were told there "may" be a technical fault that can be fixed after a few days (by the time our holiday is over). What made it worse was that this receptionist (Ms Christine) found it amusing and had a smirk plastered across her face when we were clearly distressed by the lack of sleep we had. It was only after we continued to pester her were we able to get through to the main manager. Not only was this man rude but he actually refused to admit there was a problem with the AC. Instead he said "it is not my fault you are sensitive to noise". My friend had made a recording of the faulty AC on her iphone as proof yet he refused to listen to it. After the second day we were moved to a different room which was a surprise considering they had initially told us they didn't have any spare rooms.

It's funny to think we had booked "superior room". Scares me what the lower classed rooms must have been like!

Food: On the whole dinner was pretty much the same on most days. Dessert choices were the same each day. If you're a vegetarian do not bother with going all inclusive as you will be living off chips and sweetcorn. I must add that the kitchen staff were friendly though.

Do not be fooled by the pictures. The pool is not as big as shown in the pictures.

Overall I would never visit this hotel again. I have stayed at some cheap places before but this just beats everything. Its even worse than a dodgy travel lodge in Leicester I once stayed at.

Should be 1Star.

I only just registered to this website so that I can make this complaint (and I never complain). Please don't waste your money on this place.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Jaspreet A
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had the unfortunate chance of staying here for a week Sep 2013. I can honestly say it's the worst hotel I've had to stay in. There was a cockroach in the dining area around the tasteless bland food. No one seemed phased when I told them it was roaming around the food hence all inclusive was of no use to me. Our AC in "superior" room 200 was so loud and violent that I had to endure a sleepless night in the humidity. Members of staff (Christine) and manager were so unhelpful about the whole situation and even laughed saying "other people wouldn't have found it noisy". I have video proof and will be uploading the racket onto their site and on here to warn people. We were then moved to a basic room after our persuasion and distress. Customer service isn't a well known thing with their staff AND management; That's for sure. PLEASE DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL IF YOU WANT A GOOD HOLIDAY.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Sugarfree_candy
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed here for 2 weeks at the start of September as a couple, we had a 2nd floor room at the front of the hotel with a sea view, road was busy but when the doors where shut you couldn't hear it, air con was fantastic and very welcomed. Whilst the hotel is nice, clean and has friendly staff the hotel is very noisy, I would say it is 90% Eastern European who seem to love making noise and slamming doors very early in the morning for breakfast and very late at night, this was your wake up call every day, I didn't have a good nights sleep for the whole 2 weeks, the hotel is extremely echoy. Apart from that, the food is nice and has a large selection of salads, fresh breads, a pasta dish, some sort of casserole and chips every day and on the odd occasion had rice which made a nice change, it was similar for lunch and evening meal, no themed nights as advertised, the pool bar then had savory snacks, tea, coffee and cakes/biscuits in the afternoon.
When we arrived (after midnight) there was a problem with our room, we got sent to their other hotel down the road (Solimar Emerald) where we received again a great level of service from the staff and we had a cold plate of food to eat (ham, cheese, salad, bread and fruit) our room was then ready for us before 12 noon the next day and again they arranged for us to be taken back to Dias Hotel in a taxi(paid by them). I have no complaints with the hotel, staff, food, pool etc just a very noisy hotel with hardly any British and would probably not go back for this reason.
If you like beaches and swimming in the sea, take some form of wet shoes as the sea is very rocky, it is directly across the road and takes less than 5 minutes to get there where there are sunbeds to rent, don't know how much as we didn't hire any.
I would also recommend hiring a car, we did this for 2 days and it allowed us to see the real Crete (away from the tourist areas) up in the mountains surrounding the area which you can see from the airport and behind the hotel.

Room Tip: We had a superior room with a sea view, we had dressing gowns, slippers, mineral water (only on arri...
2  Thank jsl1981
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Def not a 3star + as stated BT Jet2. Although hotel was spotlessly clean and the staff excellent I would not return . There were supposed to be 2 theme nights - none.The superior room a joke.Flowers on arrival - one flower head floating in an ashtray. No bottle water supplied after first bottle and you had to pay if you wanted a bottle. Cocktails ha ha. Just a load of different drink out into a plastic cup. Only bar at pool open at night and not enough seats unless you sat on sun beds.Def only caters towards East Europeans. Food always on the cold side. Def nearer a 2star plus than a three star plus. Heraklion airport must be the worst in Europe.

Room Tip: Not worth paying for superior. Requested a room in main building didn't get one .Had to carry ca...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel Palladion
Hotel Palladion
#3 of 15 in Adelianos Kampos
Caramel Grecotel Boutique Resort

Been to Solimar Dias Hotel? Share your experiences!