TripAdvisor
Ammoudi
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews the owner his son greek experience first floor next year small kitchen air conditioning ground floor quiet place sea view min drive two floors information regarding in perfect condition great holiday last summer places to visit
Selected filters
Reviewed November 24, 2016

I stayed at Dantes for 2 weeks in September and I really had a wonderful time. I searched internet to find a place that I hoped would meet my needs and wishes for a holiday stay. All the positive reviews on Tripadvisor convinced me that Dantes was exactly what I was looking for. Luckily i didn`t pay to much attention to the few bad reviews. Dantes was everything that I hoped for and even more! Close to the sea, peacefull and quiet, small and cozy. But even better and which made my stay so remarkable were the owners of the hotel Tasso, Hara and Dante and the friendly atmosphere they have created in their beautiful hotel. Thank you!

The location is very nice, it is close to the sea and a small beach is just a few steps further. The surroundings are beautiful with the sea, the pool, the garden and the olive trees. Dantes is a little bit away from the most touristy places of the island, but there are both restaurants and supermarkets within walking distance. Tasso is more than helpful with arranging excursions or arranging car rental.

The room at Dantes provided everything I expected. A furnished balcony overlooking the garden and the sea, a small kitchen with the necessary kitchenware. It was clean and spacious with a big comfy bed.

You can get both breakfast, dinner and sandwiches upon request. Hara prepared a few home cooked local dishes every day and the food was exellent. The giant beans and the moussaka were to die for! The greek salad was fresh and tasty. The seating area by the pool is a perfect place to sit in the evenings to have a drink and speak with Tasso, Hara and other guests in the hotel.

I loved the hotel so much that I extended my stay from 1 week to 2 weeks and I really hope I will be able to go back some time. If I am ever in Zakynthos again I will definitely stay at Dantes and I will recommend Dantes to everyone that are looking for a hotel that is different from the usual tourist machines.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2016

We had our second visit this year after having such a good holiday in June and had another great holiday.
I cannot stress enough the great hospitality and friendship the owner Tasso his wife Hara and son Dante have shown to us on our 2 visits.
We now feel like part of the family.
Tasso picked us up from the Airport and will do this for a lot of his guests for a small charge.
This time we had one of the stone Maisonette’s as there was just 2 of us, these are on the ground floor. They have everything needed for a comfortable stay and keep very cool with the stone walls. Once the door is shut you hear very little noise from outside and are ideal to just open the door onto the swimming pool.
All we want is a relaxing holiday and do not hire a car as we find we can move between pool and beach and this is enough for us. This might not be for everyone and a lot of the people staying do hire cars as it is a great base and Tasso can sort car hire out for you.
Some mornings we had breakfast and we found it was great to just pick and choose when we wanted to do this. The Greek yogurt is absolutely delicious!
Over the 10 days we ate out a few nights, however found the food that Hara was providing for guests was better than you could get elsewhere. We had fish from the BBQ, Lamb in the oven, Moussaka Hara’s speciality, Rabbit as well as other dishes and all were excellent. There is no menu as such but Hara and Tasso will tell you what they are planning for that night if you want to eat in the outdoor dinning area. All the prices are the same as you would pay outside.
We find Zante to be very reasonable now for the cost of food and drinks compared to some other Greek islands
The accommodation does not have all the amenities of a 5 Star hotel and you would not expect it to, we got the chance to have a look at a 300 room 5 star hotel while in Zante and I know where I would rather stay!
Dante’s is where you will get real Greek hospitality it has all that’s needed for a very comfortable and relaxing holiday.
All in all a very special place and look forward visiting again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2016

This hotel turned out to be the best choice we ever made, Tasso picked us up from the airport on our arrival and made us feel like we had known him for years by the welcome he gave us.
When we arrived at the hotel Tasso's wife Harra was there to greet us, we sat by the pool and where given drinks and made to feel at home. Our room was great very spacious and clean with everything you could need for the stay, the king size bed was very comfortable (just what you need after a flight).
The next morning we had a full English breakfast by the pool, very nice food. Tasso sat and talked with us and told us all about the island with tips on what to see and the best way to see them, I mentioned that I had not rented a vehicle to travel around the island so Tasso organised a quad bike for us. He had the bike delivered to the hotel and sorted out a fantastic rental rate for us.
The food at the hotel was great and was cheaper than a lot of the nearby eating places, my partner loves Greek food sadly I am not a lover of salads etc this was no problem as Tasso said he would cook anything I liked even if it was not on the menu.
In the evenings we would sit by the pool and chat with Tasso and Harra we soon became good friends.
This hotel has got to be one of the best on the island with the friendliest staff and some of the best food around. We will be booking again for next year
I recommend anyone to book this hotel if you want friendly service where nothing is too much trouble, if you have any special requirements you only have to ask and Tasso will do his best to accommodate you.

Reviewed November 7, 2016

We booked our stay after reading many excellent and detailed reviews of Dante's maisonettes.
We arrived on the 16th of September to be met at the airport by Tasso the owner who greeted us like old friends.
Tasso was absolutely charming and polite from the moment we met him and definitely not aggressive and controlling as a previous review.
We arrived at the hotel safe with no driving issues to be welcomed by Tasso's lovely wife Hera .
The hotel is simply beautiful with lots of character and a lovely seating area overlooking the pool sea and surrounded by olive groves.
The pool is beautiful and very clean and has only recently been installed and a welcome asset to this charming hotel.
After a few welcome glasses of wine we were shown to our lovely spacious room with a very large spotlessly clean kitchen and bathroom.
The bed was large with well fitting sheets and a beautiful throw and lovely clean towels for our use.
The Air conditioning was newly installed quiet and in perfect working order keeping our room cool .
We had most of our evening meals at Dante's as the meals were freshly prepared by Hera with the most amazing Greek salads .
All meals and drinks were in comparison with all other bars and restaurants and not over priced.
We were made so welcome and we were invited to meet family that was coming over from America and Athens.
We met up with Tasso's family and they also were charming and treated us like family members with invitations to stay if we were travelling to America and Athens.
Tasso could not do enough to help us or other guests staying at Dante's with arranging excursions with reputable companies.
Tasso also arranged delivery of quad bikes for us and other guests staying at the hotel so that we could explore the beautiful island of Zakynthos.
We had an amazing holiday with such a lovely family and wouldl definitely recommend anyone booking .
The hotel is unique in a stunning rural location close to other bars and restaurants with lovely romantic walks.
We will definitely be returning and we have even invited Tasso and family over to the UK to stay in our home
Please don't be put off by a couple putting a bad review on Trip advisor .

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Glendeana
Reviewed October 31, 2016

We were here in July/August 2016 with my wife and I have to tell you that it was totally nightmare! We have been traveling a lot and this was the first time ever than we have to escape from the hotell because the act of the hotel owner. He was blaming us many different type of things that we haven't done. This was very weird because we spend our days exploring the island not in hotel... Couple example:
-We use our room's AC wrong
-We use hotel towels wrong
-We use too much alcohol
-We spend too much time inside our room with AC on
-We use wrong outdoor shower
-Our rooms mattress wasn't too hard for us - my wife was just too fat!
-We couldn't catch any fishes from the sea because he told so
... do I have to tell you more...?

Zakynthos island is very nice and there is many beautiful beaches, restaurants, views, turtles etc. Be smart and avoid this Dante's Maisonettes!

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
7  Thank MrManse
Anastasios T, Ιδιοκτήτης at Dante's Maisonettes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2016

Dear customer,
We would like to refrain from any more comments for the events of that day.
We have allready commented on the same event for both of you and your partner.
(Please see total nightmare and lost money)
Also we would kindly like to refer you to the police report that was made against you.
It is filed by the police officers that called due to the disturbace that you caused that night.
A copy of it will be available to anyone at the police department of our town.
Thank you for your understanding.