Just came back from a week’s holiday at this hotel resort. Arrived in Aldemar Olympia Village on 6th Oct 2012. Well kept site, beautiful beach, big spacious pools and last but not least lovely weather – hot hot hot. We stayed in the bungalow with a pool right outside. Our bungalow was perfectly adequate, consisting of two comfortable beds (it is a shame about the bed as we were expecting just one king sized bed) with a fully equipped bathroom. The closets and drawers were adequate with loads of clothes hangers. We were given complimentary bottles of wine on arrival. Breakfast was good and well catered for. The downside was the quality of the orange juice, which was simply low. I was expecting fresh orange juice but got the concentrate instead. Also, fizzy drinks were not made available during breakfast. The lunch and evening buffet were good. The beach is sandy and well organised, very beautiful. Apart from the beach, there were pools everywhere. The whole place was very quiet and relaxing.
The village is quiet isolated and nothing to do nearby so we were restricted to taxi or car hire. Taxi from the hotel to Olympia (birthplace of the Olympics, well worth a visit) costs 100 Euros return fare.
It is a shame we got there when the season was coming to an end so most of the facilities had been closed. There was a group with more than 400 people staying at the hotel during this same period so it would have been nice if all the facilities were made available
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit the home of the Greek gods and the Olympic Games, a region full of history, ancient temples and Byzantine monasteries, and discover the Olympian Village, an ultramodern hotel complex overlooking the sea. Stretching along the beach and surrounded by dozens of pools and beautiful gardens, the Olympian Village (World’s Leading Spa Resort 2007, World Travel Awards) is a lively and welcoming holiday location. It offers a host of activities for sports enthusiasts and families with children, an atmosphere of relaxation and well-being at World’s finest Spa & Thalasso center, Royal Olympian Spa & Thalasso and a feast of culinary delights at its superb restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Aldemar Olympian Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldemar Olympian Village Hotel Skafidia
- Aldemar Olympian Village Skafidia