“Not bad but...”

Lindos White Hotel and Suites
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vlycha
“Not bad but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

It's difficult writing this review as we've just come back from a wonderful holiday in Greece. However, I'll try and summarise:

Room:

we stayed in a junior suite in the 4th floor of the upper building. We'd heard that the nicer rooms were up here so it was a relief when we checked in and were told to go outside and up the lift! I loved the bathroom. Massive shower and bath. Never used the hair dryer as I bought my own. Bed hard but large. TV could have had more channels but we don't go on holiday to watch TV! Balcony; lovely view but smaller than others in the building. We would have appreciated some drawers in the room and perhaps done drinks in the fridge for an all-in and more hangers would have been nice (5 in each). The water on our first day was never replaced. Nonetheless, the room was lovely :-)

Cleanliness:

although our bed was made, towels changed and floor mopped each day, our bedding wasn't cleaned throughout the week! We only noticed this because I got some mascara stained on the pillow on the second night and it was still there the day we left, which was a shame. Elsewhere? Good enough. We saw the pool being cleaned every morning but a couple if times we were served drinks in visibly dirty cups (fag ash?!) which again we weren't overjoyed with.

All inclusive food:

Probably our biggest disappointment. It is like a canteen - although a very well run one. I liked the dining room but the food was SO mass produced, and samey. I've never done all inclusive and neither has my partner but I have to admit I did expect a little better! To be fair to the staff they were very diligent in cleaning plates and replenishing food but it was rarely piping hot. Beer was good. Wine appeared to be watered down by the end of the week. Soft drinks were definitely not known brands but nice enough. The whole thing is serve yourself! We did get pool bar food a couple of times and it was okay. Sandwich/baguette was dry, chips okay and toastie too.

All inclusive drink:

LOVELY cocktails (try the lindos white special - yum!). I didn't mind the plastic cocktail type classes but the plastic beakers were a bit much - not something I like my wine served in! All in drinks were only available until 11pm in the pool bars which is also when they closed - so not much to do after then which for us (a couple in our 20s) wasn't fab! We are not the partying sort but an alternative would have been good. The pool bars in themselves weren't the most inviting places as well.

Incidentally the night we enjoyed the most was when it was too windy so the hotel closed the 'bottom pool bar' and opened up the reception bar to all inclusive. Best atmosphere of the hotel so far, so worth the hotel considering if they read this!

Pools:

it was a bit weird that the upper pool was only waist deep for me (and I'm a shorty!). The downstairs pool was nicer - although always very cold!

Beach:

can't comment as not a beach fan but looked nice enough and not too far from the hotel.

Location:

In a bay next to lindos surrounded by other hotels. Not much to do but buses to lindos (1.80 - but only came down to the hotel once a day, the rest of the time you had to walk up the hill to the main road) and rhodes (5 each way) same in regards to service, every half hour or so. Taxi to lindos was about 12 to get there and 8 to get back.

Both Lindos and Rhodes Old town are fab, definitely worth a visit.

Overall a fab holiday but not sure how much of that was down to the hotel... I guess it was okay to good value for money, as we don't feel cheated, but I also don't feel like we got a 4* experience.

We wouldn't come back to the hotel but WOULD recommend it to others, just perhaps not as a 4*.

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank Razzy1989

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Have Just returned from a two week stay at this hotel and can honestly say it was fab. Travelled with family and friends to get married in st pauls bay and the hotel was a fab choice for this. Some reviews on here our just petty and if you dont research where your staying before booking more fool you. Yes its in a quiet location but what a beautiful location and Lindos town is just 5 mins in a taxi at 8 euros. A few of our party hired a car for 35 euros a day as well if you do want to see more. Or there are buses that stop just outside the hotel just ask reception or the rep stephen (who is very knowledgable and approachable) for times and advice. Rhodes by bus at only 5 euros is a must. Room was lovely and very spacious and cleaned everyday. on the night of our wedding they did a fanatstic suprise for us when we got back to the room which i wont spoil incase you are going there for a wedding and they steamed my wedding dress free of charge which was fab. Food was good with plenty of choice with enough choice for the babies as well (even chicken nuggets one evening). Cant fault the bar staff or Kay and her team in the restaurant they were especially good with the two young children. if you are looking for a lovely chilled out holiday in a beautiful location where you dont have to leave the hotel if you dont want to but have the choice of going into nearby town for different bars and restaurants (the ice bar in lindos is an experience) this is for you. only thing that could be improved is the coldness of the swimming pools and the evening entertainment. would definalty recommend the hotel maybe not a 4 star but it is what i expected and doesnt claim to be anything else.

Room Tip: junior suite with sea view in the new block are fab
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank suzanne d
Chatham, Kent, England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Have just returned from Linos White. If you are looking for a four star hotel, do not go here.
Whilst the room was clean and tidy, that was it.
Restaurant was like a canteen, and while the food was OK, it was the same old thing every day, and not much of a choice, and cold by the time you got back to sit on your hard chair.
We went to other Hotels in the evening, as would rather pay for our drinks, than sit round a swimming pool on hard old chairs to get a free drink!! Usually you can enjoy coffee or a glass of wine in the reception seating area, but all this had to be paid for. Not my idea of all Inclusive, while I understand and am happy to pay for premium drinks, do not expect to have to pay for small glass of wine in a plastic cup. Compared to all the other hotels we used while there, this one was RUBBISH

Room Tip: Room 802 was clean and quiet
4 Thank barbara l
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Have just come back from spending a week at this hotel and some of the reviews annoy me a bit. Here is my honest opinion of the hotel.

The hotel was spotlessly clean for the entire time we were there, our room was cleaned by the laundry service, who incidentally were kind enough to loan us their ironing board on the day of my friends wedding so that we could get all the suits sorted. Have seen comments about bathroom being flooded, but it is actually a washroom and so the water drains to a central location if the shower does flood (don’t know how they managed to flood it as fiancé was in there hours and it didn’t flood then).
Our room was in the new part of the hotel, and it was brilliant, I have seen flats in various parts of the UK that were smaller than the room we had here. Air con was a new thing to me, although we loved having it to cool off as the nights were very warm. The view from our balcony was beautiful and on our last night we were able to watch a lightening storm from the comfort of our chairs.
The food was superb, having never gone all inclusive before, this was a treat. Admittedly it did feel like sitting in a school canteen, but when you are offered such a wide selection of food over the day this is not an issue. Kay and her team are brilliant, and the place is kept spotless.
The two pool bars are brilliant, people have complained about restricting drinks to away from the pool, this isn’t the case, we were provided plastic glasses for drinking by the pool, and proper glasses for when by the bar. I have no issue with this, and was glad not to jump into a pool, or walk on broken glass when enjoying myself during the day.
I did find it a bit strange that there was another bar that you have to pay for drinks in, but the prices were so low, that we didn’t really mind.
The two pools are well suited, with a more shallow pool in the new section of the hotel, and a deeper pool in the section in the hotel annex. My only issue was that both pools were bitterly cold when first getting in, and I did notice that it was warmer when going in the sea.
The local beach is a pebble one, however, when your more than four foot into the water (distance not depth) it is all sand. Buy a snorkel as there is plenty of sea life to be seen there.

The staff at the hotel were generally brilliant, whilst I didn’t talk to our rep (Stephen) I did hear very good reports from my friends about him. Oliver and Michalis (?) in the upstairs bar, and Nikos and Carlos in the downstairs poolside bar, with Billy (clearly not his name but he allowed people to call him that) working on the paying bar, who was a lovely man, who went out of his way to be helpful in the dead of night.
I would recommend this hotel to others, maybe it isn’t a four star hotel, but the experience I had there was what I was expecting.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new area with a view of the sea, preferably on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank mikeyharding
Bridgend, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

How on earth have Thomson got this wrong. There is no way this hotel is 4stars. How many all inclusive hotels do you know that restrict you to having drinks at the swimming pool. If you want to drink in the lounge you have to pay for the privilege ! Whilst food was fairly good it lacked the variety you have come to expect from Thomson. There is no menu for childern, they eat what the adults have. The dining area is light and airy, however, I have been in better canteens. The hotel management make no effort to enquire if the facilities meet with your expectations and avoid all contact with the guests. No get to meet the staff evenings with a drink and snacks, you get the feeling that you are kept at arms length throughout your stay. We arrived late evening and no one was available to assist with the cases. There were no refreshments available and had I known the hotel is on an escarpment at different levels restricting movement for less agile persons I would not have booked this hotel. If you are satisfied with 2 / 3 star hotels this meets the bill. There are better hotels in Rhodes for the same money. If you do not intend to hire a car your movements will be restricted to local transport which is not regular. My advise is think long and hard before you choose this hotel.

Room Tip: Book a sea view suite, garden rooms are dated.
3 Thank Kelvin1503
Wales
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We have just returned from the Lindos White Hotel and Suites. I would like to start on a positive note. The room was on the 4th floor and was fantastic, very spacious, clean and a lovely view from the Balcony. Overall Hotel Staff friendly and helpful.
On the down side, it was about our thirtieth trip to Greece most of these holidays have been with Thomsons and we have never been disappointed. However this Hotel lacks in a lot of ways, firstly.
no welcome upon arrival, just one member of staff dealing with everyone, no one to help with luggage or room directions. No welcome drinks or snacks available, bearing in mind this is supposedly 4 star all inclusive. All inclusive drinks were only ever available at the 2 pool bars, one down the driveway and the other by the top apartments. There is a bar by reception but you have to pay so nowhere really to sit and have a relaxing drink. Entertainment is poor, not even an al acarte dining room, just one basic dining room. I really feel strongly about this Hotel having a 4 star rating. Overall a very disappointing place, would definitely not consider staying there again and certainly not recommend to anyone. If anyone has booked I would advise hiring a car unless you like sitting by the pool there is nothing else to do. I must also mention there was never a Hotel
manager seen to be present at the Hotel.

6 Thank Kelsuewales
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had a lovely two weeks holiday at this hotel, we stayed in a junior suite on the second floor, with a lovely view.. This hotel is very clean and the staff very friendly, must mention Oliver on the top pool bar, he is a star. The restaurant has outside dining as well as inside, the food was excellent with plenty of choice, Kay and her staff are very efficient. Steven the rep for first choice is very knowledgable about the area, and didn't once try to sell us anything, contrary to the belief of others.. He even helped me with my phone, continue the good work.. Overall a great and relaxing holiday..

5 Thank minder100
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vlycha
Lindos Blu
AquaGrand Exclusive Deluxe Resort
Lindos Sun Hotel
Lindos Sun Hotel
#9 of 33 in Lindos

Been to Lindos White Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!