I'll try to talk about all the stuff I'D like to know about this hotel!!
1. Spotlessly clean throughout the hotel. Our room was made up every day and clean towels were left. Some people have complained about 'leaking showers' - its a shower room, the floor is slanted and the water runs into a hole in the loo - Not an inconvenience at all.
2. The room - we stayed in was in the new bit of the hotel, it was extremely spacious, and although it was on the first floor, right outside the children's pool, as soon as the door was shut you couldn't hear a thing. The air con was amazing (it was 41 degrees the day we got there 11/9). Again the room was exceptionally clean.
3. The food - Now I have NO idea WHY people have moaned about the food, it's brilliant. yes, the salad is more or less the same every day, but seriously, you get breakfast, lunch and dinner, and they're all different! It was great, loads of choice, and tasted fab. I'm not a fussy eater but I do like to eat whatever comes from the country I'm in and this didn't disappoint. Well done to the cooks!!
4. Drink - Cocktails, beer, tea, coffee - all the usual 'home grown' stuff, and all if it was fine.
5. Location - I don't really go for a party, so wasn't interested in going out clubbing etc, we wanted a peaceful relaxing holiday, and that's what we got (there were a few about to be married couples staying in the hotel who did go out partying and they all had a great time! so it is there is if you want it). I also don't want to sit on a beach 24/7 so we hired a car from the lobby - 90 euros for 3 days - and WELL worth it. We went to a few other beaches, and drove to Prasonisi beach (where the Aegean and med meet, what an amazing place!), Lindos (which is about a mile away, and is really lovely, the temple of Athena is a must see) and finally the medieval walled city of Rhodes (too commercial for me, lovely place, but every other shop is jewellery or tat). So if you want the full experience, and you're not happy staying on the beach or by the pool, hire a car. O I should mention driving is easy. They're not bonkers like the Italians.
6. Sea Vs the pool - O well - some people like lazing by the pool, some by the sea, we did both. Sea and swimming all morning, then a bit of pool in the afternoon. Never had to look for a bed by the pool, there were always a few available (that could be because we went in Sept), and beds by the (pebbly) sea are 4 euros each. You MUST get some special sea sandal shoes to go into the sea across the road, its a bit steep and you'll end up struggling to get in or out otherwise.
7. The staff - Fantastic. Though we didn't deal with the rep, I did talk to him and he was Lovely (Stephen). The hotel staff are all so nice, Oliver in the upstairs bar, and Nikos in the downstairs poolside bar (Nikos makes the best Cocktails) in fact there was only ONE staff member I didn't take to and that was the night time upstairs bartender, don't know his name but GOD he was miserable. And he couldn't make a drink to save his life! He really didn't want to be there, he had a face like a wet weekend all the time. Everyone else though -Lovely. O there are quite a few stray animals about, cat's kittens and a LOVELY little escaped dog who I could have taken home with me. So make sure you pinch some food for them : )
8. last but not least - the other holiday makers - Now I've read so much about 'Rude Russians' and 'Horrible germans'. Well I think people are the same the world over, and if you smile and say hiya, and they look at you like doggydoo, don't bother with them again!! Of course there were some weird and rude people, some of them were British! Despite the language difference the Russians were fine, in fact they added a bit of the exotic to the holiday for me! They're just people at the end of the day, and you smile, they smile, and you have a cocktail together! Da!
All in all this was a great holiday, relaxing hot weather, good food, loads of snogging and not a cloud in the sky. perfect. I'd recommended it to anyone, and I'd like to thank the staff at the hotel for helping me have a great holiday!
All in all a very relaxing,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOCATION ON THE VLYCHA BEACH. About 4 km from the village of Lindos. The Lindos White is set back a little from the beach in the centre of the quiet and secluded Vlycha Bay at sea level and the block with junior suites and family rooms nestles against the hillside with a cable car to whisk you up there if required. The property is surrounded by countryside and only a few minutes walk, 200 meters from the deep blue Aegean sea. The hotel has a dedicated walkway and a stretch of beach with sun-loungers and parasols. Distances: 50 km to Rhodes town/ 45 km to Rhodes airport. ACCOMMODATION & DESCRIPTION LINDOS WHITE hotel & suites is a modern 4 star hotel, with 99 rooms in 3 buildings. The hotel is divided into 3 areas surrounded by lawn / flowers and trees. First area with adult swimming pool, shaded sun-loungers, children’s pool & playground, tennis court and pool/snack bar. Second area with main building, all double/twin rooms, reception with Lobby, TV area & Lobby Bar with open air terrace, our white-on-white restaurant offers buffet meals at breakfast, lunch and dinner, with indoor and outdoor seating next to the relaxing sound of slowly running water surrounding the terrace. Third area are the buildings with junior suites and family rooms, activity pool, children’s pool surrounded by sun-loungers & parasols, pool/snack bar. The colour white, water and flowers are basic elements in the design of the hotel. Double/Twin rooms with option of Garden view or Sea side View, Junior Suites and family rooms with option of Garden view/Pool view or Sea view. All room types with balcony, (some Family rooms with terrace), private bathroom, air condition, safety box, fridge, hair dryer, telephone and satellite TV. Modern decor, all the furniture is kept in elegant white with a few hints of pale green and blue. 1 adult swimming pool 1 activity pool 2 separate children’s pool 2 Pool/snack bars 2 sun decks with shaded area / umbrellas and sun beds Paid Options: • Lobby bar (open 24 hours) • Safe deposit box in the room • Wi-fi in the room • Tennis court • Beach area: Parasols & Sun beds • water sports are available for hire ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lindos White Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindos White Hotel And Suites Rhodes/Vlycha, Greece