“Heavenly”

Lindos White Hotel and Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Vlycha
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I'll try to talk about all the stuff I'D like to know about this hotel!!
1. Spotlessly clean throughout the hotel. Our room was made up every day and clean towels were left. Some people have complained about 'leaking showers' - its a shower room, the floor is slanted and the water runs into a hole in the loo - Not an inconvenience at all.
2. The room - we stayed in was in the new bit of the hotel, it was extremely spacious, and although it was on the first floor, right outside the children's pool, as soon as the door was shut you couldn't hear a thing. The air con was amazing (it was 41 degrees the day we got there 11/9). Again the room was exceptionally clean.
3. The food - Now I have NO idea WHY people have moaned about the food, it's brilliant. yes, the salad is more or less the same every day, but seriously, you get breakfast, lunch and dinner, and they're all different! It was great, loads of choice, and tasted fab. I'm not a fussy eater but I do like to eat whatever comes from the country I'm in and this didn't disappoint. Well done to the cooks!!
4. Drink - Cocktails, beer, tea, coffee - all the usual 'home grown' stuff, and all if it was fine.
5. Location - I don't really go for a party, so wasn't interested in going out clubbing etc, we wanted a peaceful relaxing holiday, and that's what we got (there were a few about to be married couples staying in the hotel who did go out partying and they all had a great time! so it is there is if you want it). I also don't want to sit on a beach 24/7 so we hired a car from the lobby - 90 euros for 3 days - and WELL worth it. We went to a few other beaches, and drove to Prasonisi beach (where the Aegean and med meet, what an amazing place!), Lindos (which is about a mile away, and is really lovely, the temple of Athena is a must see) and finally the medieval walled city of Rhodes (too commercial for me, lovely place, but every other shop is jewellery or tat). So if you want the full experience, and you're not happy staying on the beach or by the pool, hire a car. O I should mention driving is easy. They're not bonkers like the Italians.
6. Sea Vs the pool - O well - some people like lazing by the pool, some by the sea, we did both. Sea and swimming all morning, then a bit of pool in the afternoon. Never had to look for a bed by the pool, there were always a few available (that could be because we went in Sept), and beds by the (pebbly) sea are 4 euros each. You MUST get some special sea sandal shoes to go into the sea across the road, its a bit steep and you'll end up struggling to get in or out otherwise.
7. The staff - Fantastic. Though we didn't deal with the rep, I did talk to him and he was Lovely (Stephen). The hotel staff are all so nice, Oliver in the upstairs bar, and Nikos in the downstairs poolside bar (Nikos makes the best Cocktails) in fact there was only ONE staff member I didn't take to and that was the night time upstairs bartender, don't know his name but GOD he was miserable. And he couldn't make a drink to save his life! He really didn't want to be there, he had a face like a wet weekend all the time. Everyone else though -Lovely. O there are quite a few stray animals about, cat's kittens and a LOVELY little escaped dog who I could have taken home with me. So make sure you pinch some food for them : )
8. last but not least - the other holiday makers - Now I've read so much about 'Rude Russians' and 'Horrible germans'. Well I think people are the same the world over, and if you smile and say hiya, and they look at you like doggydoo, don't bother with them again!! Of course there were some weird and rude people, some of them were British! Despite the language difference the Russians were fine, in fact they added a bit of the exotic to the holiday for me! They're just people at the end of the day, and you smile, they smile, and you have a cocktail together! Da!
All in all this was a great holiday, relaxing hot weather, good food, loads of snogging and not a cloud in the sky. perfect. I'd recommended it to anyone, and I'd like to thank the staff at the hotel for helping me have a great holiday!
All in all a very relaxing,

Room Tip: Try and get in the new block, the rooms are bigger!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank SpankeeSpangler

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Had a week at this hotel, lovely location, short taxi ride away from Lindos. Spotlessly clean, with friendly staff. If you want entertainment and busy time it's not for you. We had top floor suite with lovely views. Excellent pool areas, plenty of sunbeds. Beach shingle but sand further along to the right. Food buffet international style, good choices, breakfast superb. Really helpful rep Steve, he had good knowledge of the area, even leant us a guide book. Recommend the day trip to the island of Symi, well worth getting up early for. Overall we would recommend this hotel to all age groups who want a quiet relaxing time.

Room Tip: Junior suite with sea view in the new block.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Barbara J
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I (late 20s) have just returned from a week stay at this hotel. We stayed in a suite and were on the 4th floor, there is a sea view but it is a short distance from the hotel, the hotel isn't on the beach. The room itself was spacious and modern. The pool area and restaurant were both also modern. We did not have any problem getting loungers at the pool or a table in the restaurant. The food was good, plenty of choice and fresh. The salads were really good. The staff are very friendly.

The hotel is in the next bay to Lindos. You must visit Lindos, it is beautiful and authentic. We went to Caesars Restaurant a couple of times, the roof terrace is pretty and the food is amazing!

We travelled with First Choice and everything was fine. The rep was pleasant and didn't try to sell trips or anything else at all.

We would definitely return to Lindos but maybe stay in a different hotel as I like to try different places, if it wasn't for that reason I would return to this hotel.

2  Thank Tiler825
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Just came back from a fantastic stay at this hotel. I cannot fault one thing apart from the location being 10 min away from lindos in a car but even that is not bad as its beautiful. Read some reviews about the rep to be honest what a load of bull. The rep did not try and sell us one thing and was always there smiling and happy to help! We went to rhodes on public transport 1hr 50 mins ! So whoever got there in 50 min must have been on a rocket. Overall fantastic clean and pleasant would defo return !

2  Thank Mrsrichardson1909
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Just got back from the Lindos White on 18/09/13 spent a very relaxing week there.All the staff were great with us and looked after us well, cleaned the room and fresh towels everyday and we had the same cleaner all the time which I like.
The hotel is an easy 4star clean public areas, good drinks and food, overall good value for the price we paid although some paid more for the same week and I would have expected more for my money then.

1  Thank stevegresh
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is a tale of two halves. The older part of the hotel (the garden view rooms) does not live up to expectation. The air conditioning is very basic with three settings off, half or full and barely makes a difference in the room. Although it appeared to be clean when we first arrived I had to ask for the bedding to be changed twice after the room had been cleaned because our 'clean sheets' were stained and pillow cases covered in someone else's mascara. I still have no idea whether the towels were changed at all in the two weeks we were there. The newer part of the hotel seems to be much more modern and from reports of other guests much nicer (although you will pay more to stay there).
There were always beds by the pool and the music was not offensively loud. There is an entertainment team of 2 but they didn't have much interest and generally were more annoying trying to get you to join in on their stretching class. Evening entertainment was sparse and generally we had to entertain ourselves by playing cards with other guests - expect 2 evenings of entertainment (not anything amazing) a week.
The food was generally good (although it was hard to tell if there were themed evenings) with a fair amount of choice. The barstaff were very friendly and accommodating. Unfortunately they ran out of peach schnapps when we were there and no more had been ordered which meant several of the cocktails were unavailable which limited an already limited cocktail menu.
If you want to go out of the hotel a taxi to lindos which is about 5 minutes drive will cost you 12 euros which seems quite expensive. We went with Thompson / First choice and have had no end of problems with their excursion line - book in resort with the rep as this seems much easier.
I wouldn't go back to this resort as it did not seem anywhere near the 4 star I was expecting.

Room Tip: Pay extra to get a sea view room in the new block
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer985
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is a lovely hotel; the staff are very friendly and helpful. However, it’s not really good enough to be a 4*.
We had a room in the new building which was very modern and stylish, we paid extra for a suite as it was our honeymoon and it was well worth the extra. Only complaints about the room are the hairdryer is rubbish so make sure you take your own. Our shower leaked all over the floor almost every time we used it no matter how well we thought we were shutting the door. I just think the seal wasn’t fitted very well. The doors need silent closers on them as every door in the whole building slams shut very noisily, not good when you’re trying to have an early night or a lie in.
The food was very good with Chinese, Italian and Greek night all in one week. Good choice and not too much English food on the menu (if I wanted English food I’d stay at home!). Good selection o f salads both at lunch and dinner and nice varied breakfast every day. I would expect at least one a la carte restaurant for a 4* hotel.
At dinner it was self service drinks of wine, beer or soft drinks only which is a bit poor for a 4*, I’ve stayed in 4* all inclusive before where the staff bring your drinks and you can have what you like, even a bottle of wine – no coffee in the restaurant at lunch or dinner but you can get them from the pool bars.
Bar service was good, Oliver on the top pool bar very friendly and chatty. Michalas at lower pool bar also friendly, a little tip doesn’t go amiss every now and then. If you think these guys are a bit grumpy at times bear in mind they don’t have a day off all summer!
First Choice Rep was a joke – we wanted to travel to Rhodes Town and he told us it would take 2 hrs via public transport and tried to sell us an excursion for 48 euro instead, this was at night and still 1.5hrs so not convenient for us so we decided not to bother. On the last day of our holiday we got chatting to a couple who had been to Rhodes Town on the public bus and it took 50 mins!!! Had we known this before we would have definitely went but we were halfway through our last day and now didn’t have time. We felt very annoyed that he gave us misleading information in order to get himself a little bit of commission. We asked him to recommend some restaurants In Lindos too but he kept telling us to go to Pefkos, maybe he was on commission at these restaurants too!
First Choice not all bad though as we left an iPad on the plane and they did get it back and return it to the hotel for us so that was a big positive.
Overall a nice hotel, and not really much to complain about but just not good enough in comparison to other 4* hotels I’ve stayed at.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Yeti1980
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vlycha
Lindos Village Resort & Spa
AquaGrand Exclusive Deluxe Resort
Melenos Lindos Hotel
Melenos Lindos Hotel
#3 of 30 in Lindos

Been to Lindos White Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!