“Cooking lesson in Vamos, Crete”

Cooking Lessons In Vamos
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Vamos
More attraction details
Owner description: If you are interested in Cretan cuisine, Greek food, or you are just crazy about cooking, we invite you to join our traditional cooking lessons.You cook, taste and enjoy local recipes and prepare delicious dishes with the guidance and assistance of our professional cook Mrs. Koula.All dishes are made of genuine, pure Cretan products such as olive oil, vegetables, cheese, meat, wine, etc. and of course all the ingredients are fresh and local. Combine your visit to Crete with a journey through the Cretan Cuisine!
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Cooking lesson in Vamos, Crete”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Highly recommend this experience if you visit the western part of Crete. Vamos is a traditional village worth visiting or staying in near Chahia. Ten of us (including two children) spent a relaxing afternoon from 4pm with Koura who helped us make four starters (stuffed vine leaves, aubergine dip, courgette fritters and Greek salad) and a lamb and green bean dish, which we sat down together to eat as darkness fell. All in a picturesque old olive factory with plenty of wine and fun.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Rosemary T

• Greek first
Vancouver, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Yum! Yum! Yum!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our cooking adventure with Koula! What a wonderfully relaxing late afternoon/evening spent learning about Cretan cooking while enjoying (lots of) wine and good company. We highly recommend you stop into the Vamos Tourist Office and book this tour ASAP. We loved the food we prepared and purchased Koula's cookbook so we could continue our Cretan culinary adventures at home. And we will admit, we use a lot more olive oil now than we used to! Many thanks to Koula and all the other tourists we met back in May. What an enjoyable and memorable experience!

Visited May 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Simply awesome! :-)”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was travelling around Greece for one month. Did ton of things, but this cooking lesson was a highlight of my trip. Very relaxed atmosphere. In a beautiful authentic place. People were great (even though I met them just there). Food was super delicious! I learned exactly the recipes I was hoping to learn. So all in all I can recommend it to anybody travelling to Crete!

Visited June 2013
Hildeshiem ,Germany
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Cretan Delights”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

If you want to experience something really special during your stay on Crete, spend the afternoon in Vamos village with Kuola in her open air kitchen, preparing under her guidance traditional Cretan specialities.
I found the information about the different herbs very interesting and the olive oil was mild and richly present in all the dishes.
Everything was well-organised and planned, and Kuola led us through our paces in a firm but jovial manner, as she got each us to peform the various culinary tasks. The local white wine, supposedly to drink with the meal which followed, but to which we helped ourselves at will, was delicious, plentiful and very welcome on the very warm afternoon.
The price of 50€ was worth every single cent.
We had a great group who were very open and fun-loving.
It was a wonderful experience and one I can whole-heartedly recommend

Visited May 2013
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Cretan cooking class, what a wonderful experience!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

What a great day!!! I had so much fun! Koula, you are a wonderful instructor. Thank you so much for sharing your passion! The venue in Vamos was absolutely ideal! I met some great people and learned about Cretan cooking, and about olive oil! The history and tradition behind the cooking style was an added bonus! I highly recommend the class to anyone!

Visited June 2013