“Amazingly friendly!”
Review of Pela Hotel

Pela Hotel
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Skala Kallonis
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed at the Pela hotel for a friend's wedding. We felt like we were welcomed as long lost friends and loved our time there. Pela and Thekla made sure that we had a wonderful time, nothing was too much for them. The food is all fresh and made to order, the price for the food is very reasonable considering the quality. We arrived late on our first night and they were quick to grill some fresh fish caught that morning and ply us with much needed drinks. We'll be back...

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Spike T

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Fantastic hotel in Skala Kalloni.

Rooms are simple, but spotlessly clean.
My family and I have been coming here since the hotel opened and we still come back every summer.
My husband and I actually had our evening wedding reception here which was so fantastic! Thank you Thekla :)

The hotel pool, bar and restaurant are all of a great standard.

The location is excellent - a 10-15 minute stroll into the village square which has lots of fantastic restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Vanessa K
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Pela Hotel was a delight. Couldn't have wished for anything better. Our room was clean and quiet. We ate at the hotel and the all the meals were plentiful and delicious. The beach was 5 mins walk away and the village, Kalloni, 15 mins walk. I recommend the Caprice and Ambrosia restaurants in the village, both good value for money.
All the staff were pleasant and helpful.
If you're looking for an "away from it all" holiday, this is the place.
A big "thank you" to Thekla for making this a memorable and relaxing stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank SueNSG
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Went back to this resort after 20yrs plus, the resort hasn't changed that much, still very friendly welcome all over the village.
The Hotel Pela was just being built last time I was there, I found it is typical Greek accommodation and very clean, the staff were all very pleasant, Thekla and her father were very helpful to me in trying to relocate a family I knew all those years ago, They found them for me and arranged for me to meet up with them twice, also transporting me to their home. I thank them very much for their time and effort. (went that extra mile).
The Hotel has many many returning families and as a single traveler I found this a little daunting for the first week as most of the guest were dutch, the second week livened up when more English people arrived and kindly invited me into their group, Though I was wary of living through the war of the roses again or even the north south divide, (Joking) really nice group of people (barring Blackburn fans) (joke).
The resort and most of the hotels were quiet, but I think that is because flights have been cut.

Room Tip: Believe block 3 is new
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank mtuck1
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is our 4 th time at pela, and am glad to say nothing changes much, although this year is exceptionally quiet , only 5 rooms occupied! Thekla and her team allways make an enjoyable time and we will undoubtably return!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank Harewarren
Reviewed July 22, 2013

a close friend recommended this little hotel to me, 3 years ago.. we went together with our children, and I loved it. The following year, we went again, and then I returned without my daughter, for 3 weeks on my own. I did exactly the same last year. 3 weeks with children, 3 weeks on my own. Totally safe, female, single friendly... and never on your own, as the 2 sisters who run it, along with all the hotel staff, make you feel right at home. And because they've built such a reputation, they have an 85% return guest list.. So not only safe and happy with the family, but you get to catch up with the same old friends you've met year after year. My favourite little place. Relaxed, happy and nothing ever too much trouble x

Room Tip: the rooms are all very different.. been in a few.. and all our lovely in their own ways
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank SandyMcgarrigle
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Just got back from our 3rd holiday at the Pela and guess what our Thos. Cook flights are already booked for July 2014 and room booked with Thekla. Hotel overall a lot quieter than last year - seems most of the Manchester and probably the Gatwick flight seats are rapidly being taken up by the Neilson clients outside Skala Eressos - my hubby didn't have his debit card with him otherwise we would have booked for 2014 whilst still there.

We travelled out with a couple from Yorkshire, who we met there last year, also met the "boys", a couple from Basingstoke who we chatted to in 2011, Maureen 118 from Manchester, Grandad and family plus a Dutch family who we had also seen in 2011 and 2012. Always a good mix of people there - thank goodness English is a second language for most. It is one of the most friendly places we have been to - everybody going to see everyone off on their return journey home irrespective of nationality - when Maureen 118 was leaving the Rep from the coach was surprised at how many people came to see her off - and we all said it's that kind of place.

Hired a car again for 4 days - this year with no tortuous journeys - visted Vatera, Plomari, Sigri, Skala Eressos, Skala Sikiminias and others whose names we cant remember so covered most of the island now.

Booked a 1 night stay in Molyvos before we went on holiday - neither my hubby nor I fancied driving back after having had a drink and dinner, our friends were undecided before they came away but decided to join us and with Thekla's help they found a room literally 100 yards from us. We were in the Molyvos 1 and they were in the Triena, both in the lower section of Molyvos and just a gentle stroll up the hill and down to the harbour where we ate at night. Had no trouble getting a table on the harbourside for our dinner - wonderful sitting there when all the lights on and really glad we decided to do that.

Molyvos also quiet as is most of the island, we visited Plomari on a Saturday and couldn't believe how quiet that was and we were told that Swedish companies are either cutting down or cutting flights altogether for 2014.

Next year we may try a night in either Vatera or Plomari - decisions, decisions.

Our party of 4 had 2 birthday celebrations whilst there - one night we ate out at Ambrosia and had a brilliant meal with free cake and ice cream, the other night for my birthday we ate in at the Pela food equallly as good with extra wine (more to my liking than puds). Ate in the Pela probably 7 times overall, and had occassional lunches there - try the traditional Greek sandwich - food in the Pela is as good if not better than some of the tavernas by the square. Breakfast typical Greek style, lovely fresh bread, yoghourt, cereal, fruits, cheese, boiled eggs, ham etc with the addition this year of scrambled eggs and "Sally's toes" if you were there from 6th - 20th July you will know what I mean!!

Special thanks to Thekla, Papa Paniotis, cousin Panos and all the staff for looking after us all, You should be, and hopefully are really proud of your hotel - nothing too much trouble.

Think on reflection, and from a purely selfish point of view should only have given the Pela a 1 star to discourage people from going but as we're already sorted for 2014 could not give a bad and untrue reflection of the place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple