We were very unhappy with the standard of accommodation at Rio Clarinho. This was the most expensive place we have stayed at during our three-month trip through South America and it was also the worst. The surrounding scenery and river is lovely but the room was really dirty - especially the bathroom, which had not been properly cleaned for many months.
- Mould covered all the bathroom walls from top to bottom.
- There were toothpaste stains from previous guests on the wall above the basin and brown stains of what may have been faeces on the wall next to the toilet.
- The bin in the bathroom for the toilet paper was not emptied at all in our three days there. This started stinking.
- The room was not cleaned once while we were there.
- There were holes in the mosquito net above the beds. The net is also far too small for two people. Because of this I got badly bitten at night.
- The sheets on the bed was very old with holes in them and also too small for the mattress. Every night we ended up sleeping on the bare mattress as the sheet would come off, and the mattress is really old and stained. Yuck!
- In general there were broken tiles in the room, a broken fan, a broken cover on the airconditioner, holes in the netting over the windows. The appearance of the room and of the lodge in general was of neglect.
Do not go here.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Rio Clarinho Brazil/Pocone