Avondale Riverside Apartments
Old Mill Hotel(Batheaston)
$66
$63
  • Restaurant
Bailbrook House Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
$113
$99
$93
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewshot tubwelcome packhen weekendbasket of goodiesbig dining tablewonderful weekendlovely housewarm welcomemain roadlong weekendon arrivalwould definitely stay here againbiscuitsbalconypropertyessentialsbath
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We had a 4 night break at Avondale apartments. We needed a large place for a family reunion with 4 generations of family. We wanted to take the Australian part of the family who are in England for Christmas to see Bath and Bristol and the Xmas markets and all the sights such as Bath abbey and Roman baths etc.. The house was in perfect location for doing that.The welcome was superb. Wonderful welcome basket with everything we needed for first night and more! There was plenty of room for the 7 of us with a lovely bathroom and two ensuites and also stairgate for the baby. We had a couple of problems with the booking which was sorted before we arrived. Sheila is a lovely bubbly friendly lady and gave us any instructions that we needed. I recommend the apartments to either families like us or hen party groups.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Had a fantastic weekend relaxing in beautiful chilled out Bath... Great facilities at Avondale and superb welcome pack from Sheila made our girls weekend go very smoothly! We had lots of fun in the hot tub and lazing around the house. shopping in Bath City is a joy with its boutique style shopping centre and great architecture which is completely over whelming! Definitely recommend staying at Avondale!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We rented this amazing cottage for my sisters hen do over 5 years ago now and had the time of our lives so much so that my hen's booked it for mine this year. Sheila is such a fantastic host, she has everything there you could possibly need. Its ideal for a base to visit Bath and its many attractions, very peaceful and homely. I loved it so much I have just booked it up for the 10 year anniversary of when my husband and I met to celebrate in this very romantic location. A great place for all.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 16, 2012

i have just come back from a weekend away at sheila's place and it was lovely. i did not meet sheila but my parents did and said she was lovely,had a chin wag with them and were made to feel welcome. the place is in a great location overlooking the river and my children loved the garden. we did the walk into bath and it was lovely, all the way along the river(although you have to walk along main road to bathford mill and then go from there). we also got the boat back from pulteney bridge in bath as do not drive into bath at rush hour or a weekend as its a pain!!all in all we would book again and hopefully will one day!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa T
Reviewed February 28, 2012

This is a beautiful apartment and well-suited to groups (we were 9, one of us slept on a comfy fold-out bed that the owner added for us). Sheila left us an enormous box of goodies, chocolates, and had loads of nice touches like "bloke jokes" and "hen dares" dotted around the house. It was easy to cater for ourselves on the big range oven, and the table seated us all comfortably. The hot tub was great fun and lovely that Sheila left us robes and towels etc. I genuinely don't understand some of the other reviews on here - we only saw Sheila to check and out and she was lovely and professional both times; she was very helpful with organising, letting me know that she could get discounted vouchers for the Thermae Spa, advising me on booking, and giving me local taxi numbers. The apartment was in great condition and, as with other self-catering places, we were happy to empty the bins and put things out for recycling before we left.
Would highly recommend it to any groups, especially hens. Some of our party have already looked into booking it for New Year.

Room Tip: Two rooms have doubles (made clear by Sheila in her info) so be prepared to share if you go as a big group of friends!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends