“Such a beautiful place”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Batheaston
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Such a beautiful place”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I must admit when we first arrived I was a little unsure as the car park was a bit cramped but as soon as we stepped inside I was wowed by the hotel, the man on reception was very welcoming and polite, we were given our room key and pointed down the hallway- must admit there was a lot of steps. The executive double was beautiful with an absolutely stunning view of the river, we had a shower cubicle & a bath, the bed was extremely comfortable but there was no hairdryer as advertised. We went to the lounge and had a pot of tea which was served promptly and we then booked a table in the restaurant for dinner- this is where we encountered a few hiccups, the tall brunette waitress was not very good at either the bar or table service, we had to ask for a soup spoon and then steak knives but I must stress the food was absolutely delicious and very well priced. The views from the hotel are absolutely breathtakingly beautiful, we sat by the weir at dusk just watching the water and listening to the sounds of nature. We shall definitely revisit the hotel again.

1 Thank Shelley J
Oldmillhotel, Duty Manager at Old Mill Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review. The staff and myself are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. We all do appreciate such lovely feedback and keeps us all motivated. We do sincerely apologise for the lack of a hairdryer and am going to attend to that matter with immediate effect. I am so proud of my hardworking staff and we take all the comments on board to ensure our guests have a comfortable and happy stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon. With the kindest regards, yours sincerely, Rui Esteves, Duty Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Thank you for a lovely stay this weekend. The room was clean and nice. The view was beautiful from our room. The breakfast was really good, with lots of choice. The location was perfect, we were able to walk along the canal into Bath and get the little boat back. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Very child friendly and will def be back again.

3 Thank Nicola T
Thank you so much for your lovely review. The staff and myself are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. We all do appreciate such lovely feedback and keeps us all motivated. We look forward to seeing you again soon. With the kindest regards, yours sincerely, Rui Esteves, Duty Manager
plymouth
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Just returned from a 3 day stay in room 109. The view from our window was fantastic and the family of ducks were very entertaining. The room was well decorated and the furniture appeared fairly new. The bed was a 4 poster and very comfortable. What did let the room down was the cleaning, a dead bee on the floor stayed in the same spot for "all" our stay. Also the patio door seal was disgustingly dirty and some of the electrical items had not been tested for a while. The car park was tight on a couple occasions but we always got a spot. Breakfast was good and the evening meals were a better value than the pub on the opposite bank. Also, the Lager was cheaper in the Hotel. We found the staff very professional and approachable.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building, the lodge in the car park looked like a prefab unit.
4 Thank pensionersPlymouth
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I found the staff very helpful and polite during my stay (very busy at breakfast yet the staff managed it well!:). The manager on the other hand was, I can only put it, extremely unhelpful with seemingly unrealistic expectations of the staff. Whilst everyone was dressed smartly in proper uniform, the manager was in scruffy clothes whilst working behind the bar during the busy breakfast. This is simply unacceptable when acting as a manager in front of customers.

Whilst not dealing with him personally he seemed rude and full of excuses when dealing with other customers. If the owner of the hotel could find new management, like it has been on previous visits, I would happily return for another stay.

Note to manager: if you find the time to reply to this review, please bear in mind that it is either ' Kind Regards' OR ' Yours Sincerely' :-)

5 Thank jndaisy
Oldmillhotel, Duty Manager at Old Mill Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
I do sincerely apologise if I offended you or was rude to you in any way but due to new management we have had one or two fake reviews from previous employees and was wondering if you could get hold of me on my email address as I would personally like to apologise. My email address is office@oldmillbath.co.uk. As for my scruffy clothes, since taking over from the previous manager I have had to do a lot of work in maintenance, the garden etc. You may have caught me on a day that I had to trim hedges or mow the lawn or paint. I do try and assist my staff as much as possible in reception or behind the bar or at breakfast and when I waiter in the restaurant or working in the office or work at reception I ensure I am respectful enough to my guests to dress up smartly. When I first arrived here there has been so much to do to bring up the standards of the hotel and I try not to make excuses but merely offer explanations. I take every bit of constructive criticism on board and amend the situations to ensure our guests are happy and comfortable. If you read in my previous reviews you will see that I am extremely proud of my staff and we all work well together hand in hand as a team. I do my best to relieve staff so they are able to have time off as much as I possibly can but again I say I am proud of my staff and am passionate about the Hotel. I do try and be accurate with my wording as well and I spoke to my partner, who is a legal secretary, to ensure my ending of the letter is correct and she assures me that it is appropriate enough to end with Kind regards and Yours sincerely.
birmingham
Reviewed May 19, 2014

stayed here for one night and was highly impressed by it all really , after reading the bad reveiws i was a bit worried but there was no need , after a little hiccup by you,ng lad giving us a room that was already occupied ?? it was sorted out quickly , although our superior room did,nt have a river veiw , which we would have liked the room given to us was spacious , very clean and well equiped , ( i was told all superior rooms have river veiws by email ??) but as weather was perfect we spent alot of time in the garden over looking river which was bliss ! all staff are very polite , hotel is very clean and quite modern , very very good 3 star , probably the best 3 star ive stayed in , drinks where very reasonable compared to pub over the road and bath , ideal base to explore bath and surrounding areas (bath is breathtaking !!) breakfast was of good quality and again staff very hardworking and curtious , all in all apart from the one hiccup about room it was a very enjoyable stay and for £65 for bed and breakfast in a superior room in this part of the country is a bargain by anyones standards !! really enjoyed our stay and will definatey return , i know they have had there work cut out getting back to normal after floods and they have done a very good job of it , keep up the good work !!! please ignore the bad reveiws and give it ago , i,m sure you won,t regret it !!! thanks to all the staff there !!!!

Room Tip: book superior room with sea veiw !!
5 Thank carpslayer
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I stayed here for one night as I got a fairly good price- well what I thought was a good price. When I checked in the staff talked to each other like I wasn't there, very unprofessional. My room was in the lodge, which is basically a tiny, old, paper thin walled building shoved in the cat park. The room was tiny and needed refurbishing! However what was most offensive was the staff, a boy about 17 behind the desk was horrendous. I heard him make a rude comment about me as I was walking by. There was only one helpful member of staff, who had long blonde hair. I went and got food elsewhere as I felt uncomfortable going into the restaurant because of this male member of staff. I will not be staying here again.

5 Thank Klmd1992

Travelers are raving about these Batheaston hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Batheaston
Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel
Radstock Hotel
#31 of 35 in Bath
Holiday Inn Express Bath
Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel

Been to Old Mill Hotel? Share your experiences!