“Quiet and relaxing”
Review of Old Mill Hotel

Old Mill Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Batheaston
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Location very peaceful and easy to get into Bath. The boat back made a pleasant change - cost was shown on the website I booked on. Rooms comfortable but on the small side. Restaurant good, excellent service. Staff friendly. Would go back.

Room Tip: The hotel has no lift so if you find stairs difficult ask for a ground-floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ann H

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Having read the negative reviews, we still had to book this place as we needed to stay in the area. Stayed in the 'Lodge'. This building is more like an ugly pre-fab - questionable outside metal steps leading up to the 2nd floor (rusting and holes). The room appeared clean but the hotel uses blankets and sheets as opposed to a duvet. Felt very uncomfortable sleeping as blankets are not cleaned in-between guests! Without a doubt the hotel uses it's superb location as the 'selling' point but provides rooms that are way below standard for the price they charge. We won't go again and in fact found a lovely B&B nearby which we will go to next time.
2 stars simply for the location and that the large room we asked for was of adequate size.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room when booking - though even the 'large' are not large
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jan S
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed at the hotel on the 8th to 10th of September .we knew we been staying in the annex .room wa small and had cobwebbs on the ceilings .bed was hard and as my partner has a bad back we ask for and receive doom

When I made the booking I was under impression that the boat from the hotel to bath was part of the room price It not and other couples thought the same it was £8 each and the boat start at mid day

Food was ok staff friendly
Overall hotel need upgrading

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Peter G
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We booked this hotel thought a "hen" weekend company so was unsure what we had booked until a week or so before arriving. Upon checking in the Manager advised us that he was told it was a Birthday group booking as they do not take stag and hen groups anymore. He was very reasonable and just asked us to keep the noise down when returning from the town center at night. I stayed in room 222 and the room was a bit small for 2 girls and all our stuff - however, it was clean, well decorated with very comfortable bed, TV, Tea and coffee making facilities and a few toiletries in the bathroom. The room was cleaned on the Saturday morning to a high standard and fresh towels left. The hotel is set on the river and is very peaceful and beautiful. Breakfast was included in our stay and I must say it was very good with plenty to choose from. I would definitely book this hotel to come back with my husband for a romantic weekend away! Mini bar in the room too - However, we did not use it but pretty standard "hotel" prices.There is a bus stop on the main road which take you into Bath in 15 mins and costs just £3 return. Bath in beautiful - great for sight seeing, shopping or relaxing.

Room Tip: We stayed in the annex or Lodge rooms which were lovely
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank clareandjamie
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The hotel location is really beautiful, right on the river Avon and there is a river ferry nearby which you can use to get to and from Bath. The room was small but very clean and comfortable and the bathroom was modern and tasteful. We got clean towels every day. There were lovely views from the restaurant window, the food was very good and well prepared and the restaurant staff were very pleasant and helpful. My friend and I stayed in this hotel so we could support my son who swam in the Special Olympic Games, the general manager went out of his way to help us find our way to the various venues used during the week and on our return sent us a copy of the local paper which contained photos of the event. That's what I call service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Margaret M
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The location of this hotel is beautiful, and it has the potential to be a first class establishment. unfortunately, it does not have any pretensions of ever becoming such. The good bit first - the food in the restaurant was well prepared and tasty and the serving staff were helpful. However, this did not really offset:

1. The very small room. There was not sufficient room to walk round the bed without leaning over it to avoid the wall mounted TV, there was no sitting facilities in the room and nowhere to stand our case to unpack.
2. Despite the claims that there are room safes, there was not.
3. The beds are made up with sheets and blankets - a thing I've not encountered in hotels in many years.
4. The prices on the restaurant menu turned out to be exclusive of VAT, a fact that I did not see mentioned on the menu.
5. The car park was too small, and we were disturbed whilst asleep to move our car to allow an additional car to be parked.

We will not be visiting again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mike_wright327
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The location of this hotel is lovely .We stayed in a lodge room and it was very small the beds are comfy but I dont sleep well in a strange bed owing to disability .There was not room for a chair so I coulnt get releif from sitting instead of laying.There was a stool but it was too low for me.
The staff are very friendly and the breakfast was adequate .
I was going to book on line and rooms were from £60 however I booked direct as I needed to make sure the room was on the ground level and was charged £200 for 2 nights.I felt this was a bit expensive after talking to others that had paid less when booking on line.
We ate in the resturant on the 1st evening the menu is italian and there was a good choice of pastas.I was disapointed in my choice of rib eye steak as it was very chewy and quite gristly.Certainly not worth £16.The strawberry and white choc brullee was lovely.
The 2nd evening we ate at the George (over the toll bridge about 5 mins walk on the right )the meal was very good value and nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BlossomHampshire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batheaston
Holiday Inn Express Bath
Bailbrook House Hotel
Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel
Radstock Hotel
Radstock Hotel
#30 of 34 in Bath
Travelodge Bath Central
Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel

Been to Old Mill Hotel? Share your experiences!