Old Mill Hotel
  • Pool
Dukes Hotel(Bath)
  • Room Service
1,240 results
All reviewsriver viewwater wheelbuffet styleposter bedfull englishlovely roomvisit bathyogurtavonwaterwheelengland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 31, 2013

i really dont know where to start . It was my brothers wedding and we all stayed . 1st off it was my step sons 1st time ever in a hotel he will tell you he loved it . we had the family room thanks to the manager . As last minute had to change rooms around to accommodate us . We booked very last minute . All the staff where excellent and the personal touch we had the same staff all weekend . Are room was great for 4 of us . I can not thank you enough for the whole weekend and for giving my brother and his partner a great weekend too

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jackie2004
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was a very nice hotel. We stayed in the Hotel part but they also have (and I assume are cheaper) lodges. The room we were in was very spacious and obviously had been renovated recently. we wanted a twin (2 beds) and we got 1 very huge bed and 1 sofa bed and the problem I had was their stupid sofa bed had such a thin mattress I could feel the metal frame underneath. i did explain this to the person at reception the next morning but he did not really care or perhaps he did not understand, anyways it was a terrible sleep. We had dinner at the restaurant becuase we did not feel like driving back into the centre and the meal was nice as was breakfast the next morning. the staf were very helpfull and yes I would recomend you stay there but rememeber it is as I am concerned a little out of the way from the city heart and only if you don't get that stupid sofa bed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PeterJ112
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Myself and my mum decided to treat ourselves to a one night trip to Bath. I simply googled hotels in bath and this was one of the first that came up. I must say that the website photos make the hotel look a little more modern than it actually is. The receptionist was welcoming and friendly upon arrival and advised us everything we need to know about the hotel. The room was a little small (105) but smelt lovely and fresh. The carpet did have some little stains but what do you expect on a cream carpet with hundreds of visitors?! The car park was a little tight to park in especially when some visitors decided to park length ways and not park in the bays correctly, perhaps this could be managed as you give the hotel your car reg upon arrival. Brilliant location on the river and only a short drive from the bath town. I would advise a walk over the bridge to one of pubs across the water as these were pleasant too. I was also a little bemused around the breakfast arrangements, it's normally a help yourself service where ever I stay but none the less the breakfast was enough for me and nice. If this hotel was brought a little more into the 21st century it could be brilliant. I would stay again, £80 for two people for one night with breakfast was value for money in my opinion.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Carneylady
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed Fri/Sat 24/25th May. Staff were very friendly and polite. The room facilities were good as was the cleanliness. The Hotel location was fantastic and the views over the river from the dinning room were superb. The food was first class and the standard of service throughout our stay was very good. We will be booking again as their is so much to do and see in the area.
Many thanks for a pleasant stay.
Nigel & Pam Moore.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nigel m
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for a wedding. The service was disgusting, the staff were very rude and changed their drink prices throughout the night. The rooms weren't ready for check in and weren't cleaned. I was then charged a further cleaning charge as housekeeping hadn't cleaned the room. There was powder all over the room that we had to then avoid whilst getting into our suits. The bed was very uncomfortable and had springs coming out of the mattress. Overall it was an absolutely disgusting hotel to stay in. The location and gardens were pretty but it is definitely not worth the price for the room. The hotel operates a late check in and early check out with breakfast ending at 10am. The manager of this hotel is very rude and served incorrect drinks all night to the guests. The hotel promised the bar to the wedding guests that were staying in the hotel but at 12pm they shut the bar and only after a formal complaint was made did they open the bar back to it's guests as promised. I would not recommend this hotel to anybody!!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank DavidHolness
respondance, Manager at Old Mill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Firstly I should like to point out that this guest arrived at the hotel way before our check in time, When we take wedding bookings and we know that guests are attending the wedding we try our best to get the rooms, to be occupied by wedding guests,ready as soon as possible. The powder that the guest referrs to was infact Shake n' Vac carpet freshener, and although the guest was told that the room had to be hoovered before he could use it he insisted that it didn't need hoovering and wanted to go into the room as it was.
The extra charge made to the room was infact agreed with the couple who's wedding it was, this was for the mess that the guest had made on the carpet whilst cleaning his shoes, Black shoe polish, and not just a small amount but alot.
With regards to different prices being charged, I cannot understand this as our bar till is computerized and the prices are programmed into the till, maybe it has something to do with the amount of alcohol that this guest consumed and he was seeing double.
As with all wedding's at the end of the function, the function bar closes, we then allow about 30 minutes for all non-residents to leave and then we re-open our lounge bar for residents, this is common practice and keeps us within the law.
We take complaints and reviews very seriously and had this guest said something about his views whilst he was here then something would of been done about them, it was only after he refused to pay the cleaning bill for the excessive amount of black shoe polish on the carpet that he then became offensive and was asked to leave the hotel.
All other guests that attended the wedding, some of which arrived to register some 3 hours before our normal check in time, were very happy and complimented us for our service and our bedrooms.
The saying "Sour Grapes" comes to mind when reading this review