Old Mill Hotel
Bailbrook House Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
$114
  • Room Service
$147
SmithHotels.com
1,244 results
All reviewsriver viewwater wheelbuffet styleposter bedfull englishlovely roomvisit bathyogurtavonwaterwheelengland
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the annex. Warm small but it served its purpose. A bed for the night. Biggest draw back for me was the location but buses to and from Bath ran frequently. Breakfast very basic but for the £50 I paid I didn't expect the Ritz.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Royalboys
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel has a lovely location on the river, with lovely views. However the management wants seriously reviewed . The manager is an arrogant man, also his appearance for a hotel manager is appalling , maybe a shirt and tie would look. A lot more professional instead of a shabby looking shirt with his vest sticking out.. We had two rooms at this hotel one was of a very nice standerd, but unfortunately for the two night stay there was no hot water at all, which is not good when you can not take a shower they had to use our room . Our room overlooked the car park shabby but clean, the bed had no valance or bedspread which made it look scruffy, only one sheet and one very thin blanket, we did use the extra blanket provided, we were still cold and had to sleep with our coats on the bed. Also the mini bar things are extortionately priced beware the small bottle of wine and the peanuts left out are all chargeable , you could think the are complimentary theyare not. The wi fi charges are ridiculous in this day and age £2.00 per hour, this should be free of charge. The lady with the glasses on the daytime reception is a lovely lady the only person we found to helpful. The. Owner of this hotel seriously need to look at his reviews and look at his management , the staff are unfriendly and unhelpful .

Room Tip: If you are going to stay ask for a river view room, and ask to look at your room before checking in .
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JennySummers88
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Had to change our dates, so we lost our booking with a balcony and patio. Damn! The room we had overlooked the parking lot. They could change some of the access ease by eliminating some stupid stairs in the hallway. Very accommadating staff. Great location. Sitting by the Avon on the back lawn and observing swans on the river and sheep in the pasture across the river was quite unique. The associated restaurant is basically Italian. We might add that the Linguini Bolognese and the Fettucini Carbonara were some of the best we have ever-ever eaten.

Room Tip: Try to book the balcony-patio rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rthess
Reviewed January 14, 2013

On arrival at the Old mill, we were quite taken with the quaint exterior, set right on the river all appeared to be lovely untill we drove around the back of the hotel . At first I assumed that the buildings to the back of the hotel were to accommodate the staff until we were given our key and directions across the car park to our 'hotel room'. My first thought was that we were going to be staying at what I can only describe as the Motel from the classic film Psycho! Or if I were to describe it more kindly a two floor modern day portacabin. The room although clean was small and claustrophobic, the TV didn't work and the shower when we eventually got it to run warm leaked across the bathroom soaking the bedroom floor. The view from the front window was of the car park and the picture window at the side of the room looked out onto a garage full of what I can only describe as the leftovers from the 'refurbishment'. We were not prepared to eat in the 'Italian ' restaurant in the hotel that night as our expectations had already been shattered and so we found the lovely George pub down the road who made us feel very welcome...if only they had offered accommodation. Breakfast was almost acceptable although nothing you would not find at a motorway café. My husband complained to the slobby looking manager of our disappointment, with no concern or apology he said could 'upgrade' us to another room for £15.00, having shown my husband the room with the 'Jacuzzi bath' that he stated didn't actually work we told him politely that we were not prepared to pay any more. He made no attempt to put anything right and showed no interest in our dissatisfaction. My grown children arrived on the Saturday morning to join us for the weekend 'celebrations' 2 ended up in the 'pyscho motel' like us and my daughter and her boyfriend ended up in the main part of the hotel where the double bed dropped down from the wall and it was very uncomfortable. To top it all, at breakfast we were given sour milk and when I politely asked the waitress to bring fresh cups, pot of tea etc she waited until she had slammed it all on the table before apologizing half heartedly. From the beginning of our stay until thankfully the end not one staff member or the manager showed any interest in us as paying guests. The whole experience was appalling, disappointing and a total eye opener of how hotels at their worst can be I would recommend you stay anywhere but this awful place. My message to the 'manager' try having a wash in the morning before serving your guests their toast, stinky scruff!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank tracy k
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I booked my girlfriend a birthday present to the thermal spa and needed a hotel close as traveled from reigate. I booked the old mill hotel without looking at the reviews and I'm glad I didnt as we both through the hotel was as we pictured right on the Avon river lovely views of the landscape and only to miles away from bath town center witch was perfect. The room we stayed in was 122 2 showers a nice big bath tv mini fridge everything you need for a few nights we had. Okay we didn't have a river view but 2 honest after a wash before bed we went to sleep so river view or no river view didn't matter as no one sees a view wen there sleeping anyway.
First night we choose to go out in to bath for dinner and there choices for everyone witch is nice and on the second night we choose to eat in the hotel and the food was lovely and alot cheaper then going back into bath service was excellent couldn't do enough for you and I will certainly be using the old mill hotel again thank for helping me make my girlfiends birthday so special. No swimming pool pressed the wrong button and cnt change it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple