“Very good hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Batheaston
Eastleigh, England, United Kingdom
“Very good hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel proved to be great value for money. The staff were very friendly & the room was clean and tidy with great view of the river. I cannot speak highly enough of the restaurant. The food was great and very good value for money. I would highly recommend this hotel to friends, family and everyone that reads this review

2 Thank Neil P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a nice get away with my mother-in-law so wanted a picturesque, relaxing place to stay. I was sold on this places views and location. On arrival we were put in a double room when we booked a twin so had two separate rooms. When we arrived there were people complaining about the hot water. When we left there were people complaining about the hot water. I did not have a problem but it is evident many other have.
At breakfast we were confronted with a rather grumpy man who acted as if us being there was an inconvenience to him. We were seated and helped ourselves to warm yoghurt and fruit ( only one type available- grapefruit!)
We then ordered our cooked breakfast which took over 40 minutes to arrive after we asked where it was, then it magically appeared bone dry from having been sat under the heaters the whole time.
And the tea was the worst I have ever had, it tasted like milk and water.
Overall nice place but terrible service. I feel sorry for anyone who has had a wedding here.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Alimaher
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Booked quite a while ago to use as a base for our trips into Bath. Check in time seems a little late but we utilised the great bus service and went straight into Bath. Room in Hotel had good facilities and was clean and well presented. The only slight downfall was the bed seemed a bit worn and soft for our liking, so it was tea and brufen in the morning. :-). The Breakfasts are ace. Loads to choose from and good quality. Had dinner there one night and again it was really good and fab value. It is an Italian based restaurant, but the Lamb Shank was divine. Bar and Dinner prices are really good. (£48 for 2 x 3 courses and 2 glasses of wine.)
The Staff are friendly, helpful and polite in all areas. (indeed some have been there several years).
The place was busy with guests from near and far, and no-one seemed to be over upset by the facilities, staff or hotel. I cannot say anything about the lodge,as we did not stay in there.
However, overall if you take into account EVERYTHING this place has to offer, as well as the excellent prices, I believe you shouldn't be too dissapointed if you stopped there. We are certainly going to stay there again in the new year.

1 Thank 170Dave
Kent
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

I have been holding off writing a review as, after complaining to the manager 2 months ago, I had expected our issues to be resolved but have heard nothing.

We stayed in the hotel for one night on the 8th September with our 6 month old baby. We were booked into a lodge room- a portacabin in the carpark- (horrible) but as we arrived early and the room was not ready the receptionist "upgraded" us into a room in the hotel. As the room was next to reception, opposite the bar and the toll bridge was directly outside the window (which would not close properly) I was concerned about noise levels but was told not to worry. In fact the noise was the least of our worries! The room was dirty, the carpet stained, there was a massive gap at the bottom of the door, as I mentioned early, the window was broken. We pulled out the spare blanket to use for the baby but it had some kind of insect nest in it!

However, as our baby had settled at 7pm we did not want to move rooms so decided to complain the next morning and try to get some money refunded as we felt the room was not worth the £75 we had paid.

The next morning we spoke to the manager, Gary Button, showed him the issues in our room but he was extremely dismissive and more concerned with the fact he had a wedding to organise that day. He would not note down any of our complaints and told me the room was up to standard. He gave us an e-mail address for 'Marco' the supposed manager who would deal with our complaint but now I'm pretty sure the address was directly to the hotel. We wrote an e-mail, copied in Gary Button and have heard nothing- that was 2 months ago.

I'm sure some of the rooms are nice BUT not all and if you are unfortunate enough to stay in one like we did do not expect the hotel to do anything about it.

The manager is incredibly rude and it seems he is also a lier, not the kind of person you expect to be 'in charge' of a hotel.

There are many other hotels in Bath, don't make the same mistake as us!!!

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank heronhill62
respondance, Manager at Old Mill Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
This guest forgets to tell the truth.
Firstly there was no mention that they were bringing their young child with then on the booking, neither does it mention a travel cot.My receptionist offered to up grade the guest at the same price as quoted for 2 reasons, firstly to give the guest more room as the lodge rooms are small and there wouldn't of been much room with a travel cot in the room as well, secondly as the room that was offered was right next to reception and the bar it meant that if the guest had a baby listening device this would of meant that they could have dinner in the restaurant with peace of mind.It was the guest that accepted this up grade. I object to being called a liar and anyone that knows me would also take offence of this.
WHY IS IT ONLY THE DISGRUNTLED QUESTS THAT PUT ON REVIEWS?

Travelers are raving about these Batheaston hotels

Hertfordshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Booked this in a bit of an impulse. The location overlooking the River Avon sold it to me when I was looking for a quick romantic get away with the wife. I booked the lodge, with visions of an idyllic timber riverside building, we actually got a couple of porta cabins stacked on top of each other with barely enough room to swing a cat. The bathroom however looked fairly modern, but there was little hot water and no room to sit on the loo!!

Dinner was served the restaurant, to be fair food was OK and the waitress was sweet. The cobwebs in the restaurant were a nice feature, I guess it is close to Halloween...

The room wasn't very comfortable in the evening, the bed was just awful (I was awake at 430 in the morning with excrucinating back ache). The relaxing evening I had planned with the wife was ruined by room 230 (20th October 2012) who were committed to play out the full extent of the kama sutra, of which we had a full running commentary. I think she liked it, when she said "it feels so good, yes, yes, just like that", I wasn't sure whether role over or give myself a pat on the back. Yes the sound proofing is not very good.

Breakfast was rubbish, powdered scrambled eggs etc. I wasn't in the best of moods having not slept a great deal. Most guests looked pretty miserable too, guess they stayed in the Lodge on the 20th October too.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room!
2 Thank webbit_M
DEVON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed here on our way back from Luton airport to see our son. This was a lovely suprise. The surroundings are beatiful, the hotel is clean and well presented. The staff are friendly and helpful. The food is lovely, we realy enjoyed our meal and breakfast, and will come back again soon.

Room Tip: We only saw the hotel rooms, they were very good, there are no views of the river, but that shouldn...
1 Thank BEETROOTJUICE
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Booked via hotel.com - Really pleased with the location, overall hotel and standard of the room for the price, looking at peoples complaints it seems people have been paying the lowest price possible and expecting the best rooms in the hotel which is ridiculous (I looked int he lodge rooms and to be fair they are not amazing but looked clean and tidy enough for a cheap overnight stay). I paid a little extra and was greeted with a well equipped, comfortable room with a beautiful view across the toll bridge and the river Avon, enough said - pay a little more and get a better room!
The staff were all very helpful and polite, we were able to check in a little early which gave us time to jump on a local bus and travel into the centre of Bath which is only 2.2 miles down the road - again I don't know why people see this as a bad thing given that this hotel is half the price of the Bath city centre travelodge! The lounge in the hotel is a bit tired but still very clean and the prices for snack food and drinks was very reasonable (we enjoyed a round of sandwiches and a pint of cider on arrival for about £10), we had breakfast included in our booking and this was very good, cereals, yogurts and juices were available buffet style and the cooked breakfast was cooked to order with plenty of different choices available.
I would recommend this hotel to people and will definitely be staying again in the future.

Room Tip: read what you are booking and you will not be disappointed - (book a superior double room, it's...
1 Thank kirky53
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batheaston
BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel
Radstock Hotel
#31 of 35 in Bath
Holiday Inn Express Bath
Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel

Been to Old Mill Hotel? Share your experiences!