“Fantastic, relaxing holiday”

Sea Breeze Family Beach Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Agios Gordios
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Just back from two weeks at Sea Breeze, our second visit. As everyone keeps mentioning the studios are basic, but have everything you need and the "basic" factor is totally outweighed by the location and standard of the hotel. The surroundings are picturesque and you have a lovely pool area, the beach is just down some steps from the pool. The hotel is very well run, the cleaning service was great, and when our fridge broke down and we reported it at 10pm one night, one of the owners went and bought a new one and it was in our studio by 11am next morning!! Add to that the restaurant where we thought both the food and service were a cut above the other ones nearby and all in all a fantastic holiday. Yiannis, Vassilis, Lena, Dora, and all their staff do a great job and make you very welcome. Thank you, see you next time

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Joyandbob

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

thoroughly enjoyed every moment of our holiday I would recommend it to anybodyI am certainly prepared to visit this resort again loved every momentrun by an extremely pleasant familygood food clean accommodation and friendly service

• Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank david8767
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Spent two weeks here in September 2013 with Thomas Cook. We had tried to book the new apartments but they were not available, so we booked a studio in the main building. The sea views were excellent, but really that's where the sorry ends as far as the studio was concerned.
It was a heavy climb up to top floor, the bathroom was tiny, dark, and the blue suite was a 70s throwback ( I have done many islands, so don't use the old " basic but clean" line) this is the smallest kand most dated bathroom I have ever had. The beds were hard, as were the pillows.
The downstairs was a stark contrast, the bar and restaurant area were very smart. The pool area was well furnished although the main pool had patches of paint missing.
The apartments in the annex, were superb. So there was a bit of a "them and us" between some of those in the new apartments - although not everyone.
Basically, I would say only visit this place if you can get the new apartments, and don't book through Thomas Cook. A couple downstairs from us had booked the new apartments through TC and got the old tat, a mix up they were told. They were on their 3rd visit - so much for remembering old guests and loyalty !
Nice little resort, but what I noticed amongst all the bars and restaurants was that they all had identical prices. I don't think that I have stayed anywhere else where there wasn't some place selling their beer or the gyros a bit cheaper than the guy down the street. Maybe the whole place is ran by just a couple of families and got a bit of price fixing going on.

Room Tip: Do not touch the studios or apartments in the old building.
10  Thank Alan R
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Waited to write this review, to evaluate. Stayed here 10 days beginning Sept. My husband and I had never been to Corfu before, we read reviews about Sea Breeze and overall they were good.Unfortunatley we were a bit disappointed when we were shown our studio. We had booked through Manos/Thomas Cook. We knew we were staying in a studio, but didn't expect the shower/wet room to be so basic, it was in great need of updating as sadly was in a time warp from the 70s/80s. Having said that the rest of the room was ok, beds hard though, we didn't sleep well. The complex itself was as seen on web site, lovely pool area, leading onto the beach. I think the new annex building is what sells the place, and the original studio's have been neglected, which is a shame, because they have the better views. I have been very honest with my thoughts on this place, and I know not everyone who was there at the same time as us may not agree. I do think Manos need to be more honest on the description in the brochure, as no mention was made of the amount of stairs up to the top floor (3) and the main strip being a hill climb.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the main building.
8  Thank susan k
Reviewed September 18, 2013

What can I say, having been to every Greek Island in the past, this was my first visit to Corfu. For the record, I work in the restaurant and hotel industry, so my knowledge of good and bad hotels is both extensive and extremely detailed. I am not one of the many returning guests, as I have stated, this was my first visit, however, I very much look forward to being one of these returning people, I can see why they would come back each year. I only returned from this resort yesterday and cannot praise the hotel, or the resort highly enough. As I have said, I spend my working life in hotels and restaurants, but the level of service every member of the team and the owners gave, every hour, of every day, was far above what could be expected. Even on our last day, we checked out at 12, but had to wait until 2.30 in the morning for our pick up, the owners gave us fresh towels, a shower and room to change and all without even having to ask. The room in the annexe was beyond anything I have come across in Greece previously, large, cleaned every other day, with fresh towels, so I cannot understand any negative comments. The pool area is excellent, clean and modern sunbeds, always enough of them and the service incredible. This was without any doubt my best holiday in Greece, went to Rhodes 2 weeks previously, but the whole hotel, the team and resort were amazing. Sounds gushing I know, but this is a true account and one that is richly deserved. I look forward to returning next year and thank all the team for a most wonderful week

6  Thank John G
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I will start off by saying all these people who state this hotel is fabulous need to go to other hotels. Believe you me this was one of the worst hotels my wife and I have stayed in, we have stayed in many hotels all over Europe.the good bits of this hotel was the views from our room were stunning onto the beach and sea( sorry but that's about it for the good). the bad our room was very basic the shower was the smallest we have ever come across, shower head was squirting water all over the bathroom. I have to say I reported it and they did replace it.The furniture on the balcony was from the 70s needs replacing.Towels only changed twice in a week,sheets only once in a week.Under the bed was thick of dust.those people who say the owners are most friendly we did not know who they were until our last day we had ask the rep who they were.The ugly was the wasps we ordered a breakfast one morning and when it arrived a swarm of wasps appeared within seconds. The waiter only asked us if we wanted to move when my wife jumped up because we found it impossible to eat our food.We were in room 23 be carefull if you get that room and you cook food the wasps can get in through the net doors.I can honestly say we wont be back like the two time plus returners who are writing most of these reviews.

Room Tip: don't bother
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
17  Thank crazylegsSpennymoor
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was our first visit to Sea Breeze and it was just great in every way, relaxing and revitalising, the hotel is of an excellent standard with everything you need, on the beach with its own pool, the staff are perfect very friendly and welcoming but give you the space you need when you need it. The rooms were of an excellent standard, beautifully clean and serviced regularly. The food was wonderful and although there where many restaurants in the small town Sea Breeze was one of the best. We had so much fun with the water sports on the front and the sea was great whether flat or with the big waves, which did mean for some it would be difficult to get in and out of the sea. Our two week break was better than we hoped for and we will be back there next year enjoying our holiday again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
MarBella Corfu Hotel
MarBella Corfu Hotel
#1 of 5 in Agios Ioannis Peristeron
Aeolos Beach Resort

Been to Sea Breeze Family Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!