“A place you'll want to return to!”

Dina's Paradise Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Agios Gordios
London, England, United Kingdom
“A place you'll want to return to!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at Dina’s Paradise for a week mid-June and it was just the most perfect holiday. Dina and Vasilis are lovely, welcoming hosts and make every effort to ensure you have all you need and the homemade wine offered on arrival was a very generous and welcome touch.

We are a couple in our 30’s and found this to be the perfect place for a quiet, relaxing holiday with beautiful sea views, gorgeous lush gardens and wonderful sunsets.

The ideal location of Dina’s means that you get the sun from morning until sunset (around 9pm) and it is still only a short walk down to the beach, restaurants and bars. We found the rooms to be very spacious and clean with ample self catering facilities and a nice balcony where we spent much time relaxing looking at the wonderful view. The pool area was very well kept with plenty of sun beds and looked really nice lit up in the evenings.

We can’t recommend this place enough for couples looking for a lovely, relaxing and peaceful holiday with super views and great hosts. We will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Roz C

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Greek first
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Just arrived back from Dina's Paradise and can't speak highly enough about such a beautiful location and such a lovely couple. It was our first trip to Corfu and thanks to reading up on this website we really did find the perfect place for a relaxing holiday.
Dina and Vasilis make you feel like one of the family and are constantly striving to make sure that you are comfortable and that everything is perfect for you. The complimentary home-made wine on arrival was both generous and delicious. You are greeted every morning with smiling faces and they find time to make you feel really special but at the same time giving you your space to relax.
The rooms are comfortable and having your own safe, no extra charge means that you don't have to worry about your passports etc.
The climb from the village back to the apartments is pretty steep, but we, as 60 something's coped well enough. It works as a welcome "digestif" after one of the many excellent meals from local tavernas.
The gardens, carefully tended by the couple are beautiful, with fig trees, vines, lemon trees, olives and masses of beautiful flowers. Dina and Vasilis work hard to keep everything in good order and it was a privilege to share it with them.
As Will said in the last report, it is not the most accessible of places but if you want to relax and feel special, then Dina's Paradise is the right place.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hazel A
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I'm writing this review whilst sat on the balcony of room 10 at Dina's Paradise. It's such a lovely place I couldn't wait to review it! A couple of things you need to know: Don't kid yourself about Agios Gordios. It's a relatively small resort which is sandwiched between some pretty intimidating hills so getting out and exploring the island is going to require a car or very well planned bus trips. It's not a very lively resort either so if you are looking for a classy version of Cavos, this ain't it. Don't kid yourself about the climb to Dina's either. My wife and I are still still in our 20's and by the time you get to your front door you will have a bead of sweat on your brow, to say he least. Don't get me wrong, it's not a deal breaker, and the payoff is the amazing view, but if you have mobility issues it's going to be tricky. Dina and her husband are just the most awesome hosts. On our second night they invited us (and all the hotel guests) to celebrate Dina's name day with her family and friends. How often do you see that?? They cooked up a fantastic barbecue and put on a brilliant spread with free beer and wine made by them! I've never been witness to such generous hospitality before. The rooms are basic but very clean and well equipped. My only slight criticism is that the beds could be a little more comfortable for my liking, but I've slept in worse. I highly recommend this place though for a relaxing break!

Room Tip: The top floor rooms have the best views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Me and my mum went to dina's paradise in August 2012! It was the most amazing place ever. The view was unbelievable beautiful! Day and night! We went for two weeks and it was very enjoyable. Swimming in the pool was amazing as you could see the view. Dina and her husband were so friendly and welcoming! The only thing I would say is that it is a bit of a hike from the beach/town, not in terms of distance but in terms of steepness. Which is why I put location as 4, but it is still very close to everything and kept us nice and fit :) if you are going to agios gordios defiantly come to dina's paradise as it is an actual paradise!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Cina95
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This place was great to stay at and Dina (the owner) is very friendly. When we arrived the room that we had booked was still occupied so we were upgraded to the top floor apartment. The view was amazing and breath taking. The apartment its self was very clean, a bit out dated and the beds were pretty hard, but over all good value for sure. The pool side was almost always empty and was very pleasant to sit around. A warning to those with less mobility the walk up from the beach and town is steep you will get a workout. Over all I think it was good value for what we paid, and should I go back to Agios Gordios I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Erooka
New Zealand
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The feeling I get when I walk up the stairs to that poolside never wears off, it's like having your favourite decadent dessert once a year... We tried the larger top floor apartment for a week this year as it was the end of the season so there were a few empty rooms, and there were two of us this time. There is always plenty of space in these rooms but the top floor is cosy but capacious with loads of room.

Dina and Vasilis are very accommodating and are conscious of the standards of the larger hotels. I wouldn't swap Dinas for one of those if you paid me; it is far more authentic and I like to feel Greece when I come to Greece, not a western hotel. I recommend Dina's fig marmalade if she has some left too.

Late September is an excellent time to visit, especially when Dina and Vasilis harvest their grapes and little bats divebomb the pool which is illuminated at night; spring is also excellent as there are fireflies and swallows diveboming the pool. The view from the balconies at the top is unbeatable and sitting up there looking down over the olive trees and down to the ocean with a glass of Vasili's wine gives you a strange mix of restfulness and exhilaration. The only thing that doesn't feel like paradise here is the guilt of watching Vassilis working hard on the hillside while we lounge around! :))

See you next year Dina's Paradise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AnonNewZealand
London
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is my 5th time here and I think this confirms alone how much I enjoy visiting Dinas Paradise and Corfu.
I visited this September with my now husband for our annual 2 week holiday/honeymoon due to work commitments in the summer when we usually go in June/July. We were fortunate with the weather, incurring just 2 hours on the second day of our stay in a heavy downpour of rain by the beach!
We were welcomed with ‘Just Married’ banners in our room, heart petals on the bed and a bottle of Dinas Paradise home made wine - Dina and Billy never fail to impress us.
As always, Dina and Billy are excellent hosts and are on hand whenever you need them.
It was my birthday whilst I was out there, and Billy & Dina offered to take us into Corfu town to show us some lovely Taverna’s by the port to enjoy a meal to celebrate my birthday. They also took us to Kanoni to watch the aeroplanes land and take off to and from the airport – was fantastic and can completely understand why people rent cars to look around the island.
Agios Gordios itself is riddled with lovely restaurants and little bars. Our favourite has to be the Mexican, Zefyros, Sea Breeze and Stevens on the Hill (the latter we went to every night for a drink before climbing the steep hill to bed every night!). There is a fantastic supermarket down the road called Georges where we buy all of our groceries for our stay.
The rooms are cleaned 6 days a week (apart from a Sunday) by a friendly cleaner, providing new towels every 2 days along with bed linen every few days.
The apartment and pool area is what you would describe as paradise! Its peaceful, clean and that pool is so welcoming, even if it is a bit cold in September…!
We are planning to return in June/July 2013 for our 6th visit, which im very sure is not going to be our last.
Fantastic place, well recommended for young families and couples (young and old!)…just be mindful of the hill. Mind you, it helps burn off the calories!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MarBella Corfu Hotel
MarBella Corfu Hotel
#1 of 5 in Agios Ioannis Peristeron
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,118 reviews

Been to Dina's Paradise Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!